PSVR Box does NOT support HDMI 2.1

Sinthoras_96

Just a heads up for everyone, who is thinking about connecting the PSVR with the announced free adapter to their PS5 and HDMI 2.1 TV. 

The PSVR box is HDMI 2.0, so that means it's technically impossible for it to passthrough a 120 FPS + 4K + HDR + eARC Signal. 

Personally I will probably keep my PS4 Pro connected to the VR as "VR console" in one HDMI slot at my TV and the PS5 directly to the TV for normal gaming. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Just a heads up for everyone, who is thinking about connecting the PSVR with the announced free adapter to their PS5 and HDMI 2.1 TV. 

The PSVR box is HDMI 2.0, so that means it's technically impossible for it to passthrough a 120 FPS + 4K + HDR + eARC Signal. 

Personally I will probably keep my PS4 Pro connected to the VR as "VR console" in one HDMI slot at my TV and the PS5 directly to the TV for normal gaming. 

Indeed no need just keep it connected to ps4 and wait for PSVR 2 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

120 FPS + 4K + HDR + eARC Signal

I guess the real decision will be how many of their PS5 games actually utilize all those things versus how many VR game do they play.

If they don't have any PS5 games utilize those things, then no harm in leaving the VR box hooked up.

50 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I guess the real decision will be how many of their PS5 games actually utilize all those things versus how many VR game do they play.

If they don't have any PS5 games utilize those things, then no harm in leaving the VR box hooked up.

Especially if you still own the first VR version and a TV which can do HDR, switching is a must. 

HDR is default in every game on PS5 and doesn't require HDMI 2.1 but the first VR can't even do that. 

3 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

Why would you sacrifice the extra power of the PS5 when all you would need to do is swap over HDMI cables which would take 5 seconds maximum?

I highly doubt that VR games will profit from the PS5 power. The VR itself is still the same after all and all VR games I've played didn't have any framedrops. Blurry graphics won't change only because you run the games on the PS5. 

And for me switching around with the cables every time is very annoying. Since I keep the ps4 pro anyway, I will simply keep the VR connected to it. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Just connect it with the adapter, no need to change it over then

On 30/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I highly doubt that VR games will profit from the PS5 power. The VR itself is still the same after all and all VR games I've played didn't have any framedrops. Blurry graphics won't change only because you run the games on the PS5. 

OK well that is interesting because when i played on VR with a PS4 Pro there was a noticbable difference in the crispness of games than when i played with a launch PS4.

So i would argue your point and suggest that on the PS5 PSVR games will run and look better due to the significantly higher power.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

32 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

OK well that is interesting because when i played on VR with a PS4 Pro there was a noticbable difference in the crispness of games than when i played with a launch PS4.

So i would argue your point and suggest that on the PS5 PSVR games will run and look better due to the significantly higher power.

the ps4 pro makes no difference in psvr so its prob something you tricked yourself into believing. i do that on ps4 pro games in general i try to look for detail difference until i justify my reason for buying a pro.

unfortunately psvr is 1080 and still a bit grainy on alot of games. they need a whole new psvr with 4k. it also has to do alot with the games themselves not really being created to good. if you download littlestar and watch some of thier free videos they look a bit better then the games so i know the games could prob be better. 

the power wont matter though, read the specs in the psvr. no matter what your getting 1080 at mostwhich i dont even think most games are even doing that 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

the ps4 pro makes no difference in psvr so its prob something you tricked yourself into believing. i do that on ps4 pro games in general i try to look for detail difference until i justify my reason for buying a pro.

Sorry but you are wrong and this is false information.

With respect I know what i can see.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

the power wont matter though, read the specs in the psvr. no matter what your getting 1080 at mostwhich i dont even think most games are even doing that 

Are you only comparing resolution when comparing VR with base and PS4 Pro? There is no improvements to refresh rates or processing improvements?

• 8 months later...

Depends on the game.

Blood & Truth has been optimised specifically for PS5, see:  Blood & Truth is PS5 ready!

But many titles haven't been patched to utilise the extra horsepower of the PS5.

Understandable in a way, but still a shame.

Titles like Ghost Giant, Moss, Wipeout Omega Collection, Resident Evil 7, Gran Turismo Sport, Ace Combat 7, Skyrim, Until Dawn - Rush of Blood, Superhot VR, Driveclub VR... would be even better.