Praey for the Gods (2021)

Ghost

Β 

Praey for the Gods is coming to both the PS5 and PS4 in Q1 2021.

Β 

A boss climbing action-adventure game set in an atmospheric open world. You play as a lone hero sent to the edge of a dying frozen world to discover the mystery behind a never-ending winter. Arriving with only the clothes on your back, you must survive the colossal dangers that you encounter. To restore balance and reclaim the land from the brink, you will be faced with questions that not even a God knows the answer to.

Β 

All footage captured on PS5.

Β 

Β 
Playstation Blog

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don't understand how they're getting AE out of that red symbol. Seems like they could have just called it Prey for the Gods and kept their symbol, but not risked everyone who is going to spell the nameΒ incorrectly.

Β 

There was a dispute with Bethesda a few years ago that "Prey for the Gods" was too close to the Prey series of games, so the developers of the game changed it to Praey for the Gods. Basically, ZeniMax opposed the trademark request for the game back then and rather than fight them, they decided to just change it up. I think this was around when Prey was being released.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don't understand how they're getting AE out of that red symbol. Seems like they could have just called it Prey for the Gods and kept their symbol, but not risked everyone who is going to spell the nameΒ incorrectly.

I guess the praying person depicts the 'A' in a symbolic sense rather than an alphabetic sense, and then they combined it with a wordplay. At least that's my idea. ?

Β 

28 minutes ago, Akimitsu782 said:

Β 

There was a dispute with Bethesda a few years ago that "Prey for the Gods" was too close to the Prey series of games, so the developers of the game changed it to Praey for the Gods. Basically, ZeniMax opposed the trademark request for the game back then and rather than fight them, they decided to just change it up. I think this was around when Prey was being released.

Bethesda at it again with their game protection. I've read something like this already about a different game, just can't remember wich one. If they keep going that way they'll end up like Nintendo and you can't even upload certain things like video footage anymore.

Just now, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I guess the praying person depicts the 'A' in a symbolic sense rather than an alphabetic sense, and then they combined it with a wordplay. At least that's my idea. 1f601.png

Β 

Bethesda at it again with their game protection. I've read something like this already about a different game, just can't remember wich one. If they keep going that way they'll end up like Nintendo and you can't even upload certain things like video footage anymore.

Β 

I think you need to change your name to PraeseTheFluppi.

Β 

But yeah. Bethesda. Weren't they the ones that kicked because people were calling games "new", even though they weren't bought from the Bethesda store?

• Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Β 

I think you need to change your name to PraeseTheFluppi.

Β 

But yeah. Bethesda. Weren't they the ones that kicked because people were calling games "new", even though they weren't bought from the Bethesda store?

Nice one :D

I remember reading something about this as well. Bethesda laywers contacted people that were selling games as new, court got involved...crazy shit.
Imagine innocently selling a game u didn't play, still in original package, and a Bethesda laywer contacts u that u have to pay a 1 million fine or whatever just because u wrote 'new' in the info!

31 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Β 

Yeah, years before that incident, I recall Bethesda fighting with Mojang over the whole "Scrolls" name for one of Mojang's games, and how it was "too close to Elder Scrolls." I guess Bethesda can't do much about things like names now, considering they are owned by Microsoft now, so any legal disputes will probably go through the latter.

Since nobody was talking about this, the resemblance to shadow of the Colossus is uncanny!Β 

Β 

Not sure if I'm that excited for it as it seems like a game I've already played but with a few bells and whistles like the gliding aspect and the grappling hook.Β 

Β 

Going off the trailer alone, I also think it would've benefited from having non snowy areas seeing as how to everything looks white and "same-y". Maybe I'm wrong though and they haven't showed everything.Β 

Β 

Still, will keep an eye out for it in the future.Β 

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

Since nobody was talking about this, the resemblance to shadow of the Colossus is uncanny!Β 

Β 

Not sure if I'm that excited for it as it seems like a game I've already played but with a few bells and whistles like the gliding aspect and the grappling hook.Β 

Β 

Going off the trailer alone, I also think it would've benefited from having non snowy areas seeing as how to everything looks white and "same-y". Maybe I'm wrong though and they haven't showed everything.Β 

Β 

Still, will keep an eye out for it in the future.Β 

All I was thinking of was Shadow of Colossus, they have no shame, even copied the colossus’ fur lol.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

i feel like i saw the original trailer ages ago, and was excited for it to come out on PS4 as shadow of the colossus was one of my favorite games, and this obviously has "some" resemblance.....then this thing fell off the face of the earth and havent heard anything about it for quite a while. nice to see it will be on PS5, will wait to play it on next gen then. should be fun, hopefully.

Edited by Atom1cMoose