This game supposedly WON'T WORK on the PS5

turniplord

5 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

thats why im keeping my ps4 pro still. even tho ps5 is BC, id say majority of my ps4 games i still plan to play, will be played on my ps4. Aside from Persona 5R and Tokyo Xanadu.

But i am buying a new console to play the new games... not ones i can already play on my ps4 pro.

At first I was just going to sell my PS4. I only have a slim one, but I am going to hang on it for a while until I know for sure the future PS4 games I want to play I can play in BC with no issues. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

At first I was just going to sell my PS4. I only have a slim one, but I am going to hang on it for a while until I know for sure the future PS4 games I want to play I can play in BC with no issues. 

plus it saves on space, and my ps4 updated so i can remote play ps5 on it, which makes it easier for a second screen downstairs without needing to unplug ps5. Obvs you'd get 1080p but a welcome feature.

1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

plus it saves on space, and my ps4 updated so i can remote play ps5 on it, which makes it easier for a second screen downstairs without needing to unplug ps5. Obvs you'd get 1080p but a welcome feature.

I just bought a External drive to keep PS4 games on to save on space on PS5, since that is limited on space right now. The remote feature isn't going to do me any good as my T.V. is in the living room. No T.V. in bedroom.

Back to topic, I wonder what other issues will be found in BC once PS5 does release.

Friend of mine has had the PS5 for a week now

To give you an idea here is some from his collection that will have errors:
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Assassins Creed Chronicles Trilogy
Batman Return to Arkham
Game of Thrones
Hellbalde
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Little Big Planet 3
Mafia 3
Prey
Sleeping Dogs
Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
Velocity 2X
Walking Dead Season 1
Zero Escape The Nonary Games

3 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

At this point I think people are just looking for something to be mad about. Go watch the digital foundry video showcasing how good the backwards compatibility is, games hit a constant 60 fps while looking better and that's without any patches.

I'm not mad at all. I just wanted to show what happens in AC Syndicate. I have watched the Digital Foundry and multiple other videos on BC for PS5 and am very well pleased with the results.

2 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Friend of mine has had the PS5 for a week now

To give you an idea here is some from his collection that will have errors:
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Assassins Creed Chronicles Trilogy
Batman Return to Arkham
Game of Thrones
Hellbalde
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Little Big Planet 3
Mafia 3
Prey
Sleeping Dogs
Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
Velocity 2X
Walking Dead Season 1
Zero Escape The Nonary Games

So your friend has tried each of these games on PS5 in BC mode?

15 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I'm not mad at all. I just wanted to show what happens in AC Syndicate. I have watched the Digital Foundry and multiple other videos on BC for PS5 and am very well pleased with the results.

So your friend has tried each of these games on PS5 in BC mode?

Yes sir, issues are minor though, like textures not loading quickly

• Like 2

On 2020-10-30 at 11:30 AM, DaivRules said:

Sony really did fuck up when they choose the Cell architecture for the PS3. If they had gone with anything else available at the time, they would be even further ahead of MS right now.

THey could be further ahead by just supporting PSone and PS2, there's zero reason PS5 can't emulate those games other than the fact Sony doesn't want to do it. Then they'd have 2 full generations of games, plus 99.9% of PS4. Whereas Xbox would only have "one" [if you exclude kinect shit] full generation b/c with piece meal for the rest.

Though I'd imagine the PS5, like the PS4, doesn't read CDs at all.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 9:21 PM, snakebit10 said:

I just tried launching AC Syndicate on my PS5 and it keeps crashing on the title screen. Guess I will finish this up from my PS4 instead.

Yeah, I also still have this on my PS4 Pro and just out of interest tried to install it on my PS5 and it doesn't crash, but as soon as you go outside the lighting and shadows are all messed up and constantly flicker like crazy.

Guess I'll have to keep the PS4 Pro to finish some of my backlog.

Edited by DysectorZA

4 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

Yeah, I also still have this on my PS4 Pro and just out of interest tried to install it on my PS5 and it doesn't crash, but as soon as you go outside the lighting and shadows are all messed up and constantly flicker like crazy.

Guess I'll have to keep the PS4 Pro to finish some of my backlog.

I originally tried launching it from my external drive and that is when it was crashing. Once I installed it on the SSD it was able to launch. It is weird flickering but that is only during the daytime. When it is night time in the game you don't notice. I am so close to plat so I may just finish it out from my PS5. The loading is faster and quick travel is slightly faster also. I am wondering if the DLC has the same issue.

• Like 1

On 11.11.2020 at 7:38 AM, Elvick_ said:

THey could be further ahead by just supporting PSone and PS2, there's zero reason PS5 can't emulate those games other than the fact Sony doesn't want to do it. Then they'd have 2 full generations of games, plus 99.9% of PS4. Whereas Xbox would only have "one" [if you exclude kinect shit] full generation b/c with piece meal for the rest.

Though I'd imagine the PS5, like the PS4, doesn't read CDs at all.

Its true ps5 doesnt read CDs right now like ps4 

the thing is its possible they just blocked it because sonys UHD drives do read CDs

they said at the ps4 launch it will recieve CD support per update and it didnt happen

even the Xone reads CDs i mean like wtf sony ? 

Ubisoft: hey this game has problems lets remove it from the store 

but just in case if anyone wants to buy the dlcs lets keep them on the store...

1 hour ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Its true ps5 doesnt read CDs right now like ps4 

the thing is its possible they just blocked it because sonys UHD drives do read CDs

they said at the ps4 launch it will recieve CD support per update and it didnt happen

even the Xone reads CDs i mean like wtf sony ? 

Ubisoft: hey this game has problems lets remove it from the store 

but just in case if anyone wants to buy the dlcs lets keep them on the store...

Series S|X also reads CDs. Sony is just being cheap like Nintendo was with DVD/bluray playback. I know you have to pay a license fee to support it, but... it's literally so cheap there's no reason to not provide it.

• Like 2

On 1.12.2020 at 4:29 PM, Elvick_ said:

Series S|X also reads CDs. Sony is just being cheap like Nintendo was with DVD/bluray playback. I know you have to pay a license fee to support it, but... it's literally so cheap there's no reason to not provide it.

Its not understandable bc like i said if you think about that sonys own external drives read CDs...

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 6:29 PM, LoveInHell said:

If a PS4 game is going to be almost impossible to play on the PS5 or some features in a PS4 game will not work on the PS5 then its not fully backwards compatible. In other words, that list of 10 games is bullshit.

There are plenty of 360 and OG Xbox games that don't work on Xbox One.

25 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

If we are looking at last Gen, the PS4 can play exactly zero PS3, PS2, PS1 games via BC. 

I would be very surprised if the games I am thinking of don't work on One but do work on Series X/S. PS4 can play roughly the same number of PS2 games that Xbone/X/S can play OG Xbox games. Neither company has done it properly.

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

If we are looking at last Gen, the PS4 can play exactly zero PS3, PS2, PS1 games via BC. 

and that means what

its not like ps4 cant do it 

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I never said it was understandable so I don’t know what you’re replying to. 

no i mean it like what the hell sony 

1 hour ago, Jeffboy24 said:

The PS4 disc drive never had a CD laser.

So PS1 Games were never possible in the first place.

No news here.

https://www.engadget.com/2013-11-12-playstation-4-will-support-cd-and-mp3-in-the-future.html

1 hour ago, Flipendo52 said:

There are plenty of 360 and OG Xbox games that don't work on Xbox One.

Thats a difference bc xone is actually not really bc its a game by game basis done from ms

thats why every game that is "backwardscompatible" is also sold on the xbox store 

they want that money back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

and that means what

its not like ps4 cant do it 

no i mean it like what the hell sony 

https://www.engadget.com/2013-11-12-playstation-4-will-support-cd-and-mp3-in-the-future.html

Thats a difference bc xone is actually not really bc its a game by game basis done from ms

thats why every game that is "backwardscompatible" is also sold on the xbox store 

they want that money back

True but there are even OG Xbox games that don't work on 360, I might be wrong but I don't know any consoles that have full 100% backwards compatibility

It‘s just funny to me that Syndicate glitches that much on PS5.

What did developers just program different on this game than on 4.000+ other games.

Couldn‘t Ubisoft just bring an update (if they cared enough and think it‘s worth it) and fix this mess?