This game supposedly WON'T WORK on the PS5

turniplord

On 12/7/2020 at 7:48 PM, SeniorRicketts said:

and that means what

its not like ps4 cant do it 

no i mean it like what the hell sony 

https://www.engadget.com/2013-11-12-playstation-4-will-support-cd-and-mp3-in-the-future.html

Thats a difference bc xone is actually not really bc its a game by game basis done from ms

thats why every game that is "backwardscompatible" is also sold on the xbox store 

they want that money back

What PS1, PS2, or PS3 games can you put into a PS4 and play? remakes/remasters don't count. 

Yes, you can buy OG Xbox games and 360 games on XB1, but if you have the discs, those work just fine. You don't have to buy them again. 

On 12/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, Flipendo52 said:

True but there are even OG Xbox games that don't work on 360, I might be wrong but I don't know any consoles that have full 100% backwards compatibility

True, BC was added some time after the XB1 was released, so games were added periodically. Once they started to work on the current gen system, it stopped. It's def not complete (Not even close) but it's better than the 0 games PS4 had. I only brought it up because IDK why we were comparing PS5 to XB1, comparing the PS5 to XB whatever the new one is called would be more appropriate. AFAIK (And I don't have a new xbox) it is almost completely BC with last gen, with the exception of Kinect Games, and maybe some other toy related games. 

21 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

What PS1, PS2, or PS3 games can you put into a PS4 and play? remakes/remasters don't count. 

Yes, you can buy OG Xbox games and 360 games on XB1, but if you have the discs, those work just fine. You don't have to buy them again. 

True, BC was added some time after the XB1 was released, so games were added periodically. Once they started to work on the current gen system, it stopped. It's def not complete (Not even close) but it's better than the 0 games PS4 had. I only brought it up because IDK why we were comparing PS5 to XB1, comparing the PS5 to XB whatever the new one is called would be more appropriate. AFAIK (And I don't have a new xbox) it is almost completely BC with last gen, with the exception of Kinect Games, and maybe some other toy related games. 

I'm not sure if this list is correct or not but it seems like there are a lot of 360 games not playable on One https://www.trueachievements.com/not-backwards-compatible/games

2 hours ago, Flipendo52 said:

I'm not sure if this list is correct or not but it seems like there are a lot of 360 games not playable on One https://www.trueachievements.com/not-backwards-compatible/games

Nobody ever said XB1 was fully BC Again, it was implemented late and they stopped when work began on the current gen system.

1. Again, why are we comparing LAST gen Xbox1 to CURRENT gen PS5?

2. Still more BC games than the PS4 (Which has 0)

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 5:09 PM, Thisisnotharry said:

You are speaking facts right there, tbh, if you wanna play PS4 games, play them on a PS4. If you wanna play PS3 games, play them on a PS3 and so on.

In my opinion, a new console means a new generation of games, and you need to keep the previous generation of games on the previous console unless they are crazy successful in which case the developers should work on a remastered version which would have new features, higher resolutions & higher FPS.

On 10/30/2020 at 3:40 PM, Noskillzpro407 said:

And Sony has done a much much better job than Microsoft of delivering great First party games. Most people buy new consoles to play new games and not old ones. Sony clearly has a huge advantage there. If backwards compatibility were such a huge selling point then the Switch and PS4 wouldn’t have demolished the Xbox One. So clearly Sony’s strategy is focusing on brand new games which sells consoles. If the PS5 didn’t have Backwards compatibility, it would have probably still outsold XSX if Sony kept up the amazing First party games coming this gen. 

Funny part is that whoever owns these older consoles are most likely the ones who are complaining about backwards compatibility. Backwards compatibility is a BONUS, stop making it a main selling point. I never had a PS4, went from PS3 to 5 but I really wouldn't mind if Sony didn't make the PS5 compatible. I would've just bought a PS4 ffs.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, DaivRules said:

Yes, they could.

So, why tf is everyone blaming Sony?

On 11/11/2020 at 0:07 AM, SecondGenesis said:

Friend of mine has had the PS5 for a week now

To give you an idea here is some from his collection that will have errors:
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Assassins Creed Chronicles Trilogy
Batman Return to Arkham
Game of Thrones
Hellbalde
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Little Big Planet 3
Mafia 3
Prey
Sleeping Dogs
Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
Velocity 2X
Walking Dead Season 1
Zero Escape The Nonary Games

That's weird.

10 minutes ago, Mostwantedtbest said:

Funny part is that whoever owns these older consoles are most likely the ones who are complaining about backwards compatibility. Backwards compatibility is a BONUS, stop making it a main selling point. I never had a PS4, went from PS3 to 5 but I really wouldn't mind if Sony didn't make the PS5 compatible. I would've just bought a PS4 ffs.

So, why tf is everyone blaming Sony?

That's weird.

Well, never said it wouldn't work, just that it may have errors.

• 1 month later...

Glad I decided to check out the forums before buying the game. I'm wrapping up Black Flag and started looking into Syndicate since it's on sale on the PS store. I still have my PS4 fortunately but have been playing all PS4 games on my PS5. I may dust off the PS4 to play this one. The only other game that I've played so far that had a warning about compatibility issues was LBP3 but haven't really had problems with that. I think these games are for the most part fine to play on the PS5 but they may be a little more buggy for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Fine' I think is a bit of a overstatement as far as how this game performs on the PS5. Well at least during the Jack the Ripper DLC. When you are inside buildings the lightning will flicker heavily, to the point where I think if you suffer from epilepsy it may be a real concern. I was actively avoiding being inside buildings because it was giving me a headache. 

So does it mostly work? Yeah, but if it had shipped like this I think people would have been outraged. YMMV of course

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...