To the Dark and Back again - difficulty related ?

Cloudbahamut

Today I read something that has me very concerned. Someone wrote online that X-Box tracker for this achievement showed that Hives that are completed on Challenge Lv. I do not count towards the trophy. This would be a major problem since I pretty much did all the Hive grinding on Challenge Level I so far. Can anyone confirm wether or not he unlocked the trophy on Challenge Level I (easy) ?

Also just to confirm this one more time: Do the Hives need to be done with the same character and does it have to be the same Hive ? Or can you do different Hives (Desert, forest etc.) and with different characters ? Because from what I have seen there are conflicting reports regarding this. Some say it only unlocked for them with the same character, others say they did it with different characters. Some say that they only got the trophy by doing the same Hive, others say it only popped for them after switching to another Hive.

So it's all pretty damn confusing.

I just got the trophy after completing my 50th Hive (started tracking after the trophy for 5 popped). I used 4 different characters and played on all the different Challenge levels. I did the Elite ones for the Reigning Supreme mission chain and about 10 others on Challenge 1 to get them done quicker. They all counted towards the 50.

The biggest issue still seems to be playing with matchmaking on. I've never played co-op in the full game, just a few times in the betas. And so far I haven't had any trophy issues, they've all unlocked when they were supposed to. Hopefully that continues with the 50 Intelligence and 50 caches trophies.

9 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

I just got the trophy after completing my 50th Hive (started tracking after the trophy for 5 popped). I used 4 different characters and played on all the different Challenge levels. I did the Elite ones for the Reigning Supreme mission chain and about 10 others on Challenge 1 to get them done quicker. They all counted towards the 50.

The biggest issue still seems to be playing with matchmaking on. I've never played co-op in the full game, just a few times in the betas. And so far I haven't had any trophy issues, they've all unlocked when they were supposed to. Hopefully that continues with the 50 Intelligence and 50 caches trophies.

Hm interesting. I have never played in co-op and in fact matchmaking is disabled for me since I currently don't have PS Plus. However some trophies were glitched for me. Some even in a good way. For example I got the trophies for the Faction Level and the 250 hero levels before I actually reached the required levels.

However the trophy for the 50 intelligence files popped after the 52nd file I think. And I definitely opened more then 50 cache boxes in the Days Remain mission before that trophy popped. But so far I didn't have really big trophy issues. I just hope I don't have to do 70 or 80 Hives like several people had to before that trophy pops. These Hives are so mindnumbing. I can't do more then five per day or my brain starts to melt.

Currently I am somewhere at 36 Hives I think. I might be off by a few. Could be a few more or less. I just really hope the trophy will pop with the 50th Hive as it's supposed to.

I keep alternating between the Let the Game begin and Desert Hive. Not doing Elite, Elite Heroic or Mega Hives as they have more floors and simply take longer.

Which Hives did you farm mostly ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut

Just now, Static_Rook said:

I mostly ran through the Let the Games Begin hive. I used the Ms. Marvel Embiggen glitch a lot to make them go faster. 

Just got the plat after picking up my 51st Intelligence file so I'm putting this game to rest for a while. Good luck!

Yeah thats pretty much when I got the Intelligence file trophy too.

What is this Embiggen glitch for Kamala ? I never heard of it.

12 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

What is this Embiggen glitch for Kamala ? I never heard of it.

As Ms. Marvel, if you have Embiggen active when you interact with an elevator prompt it will add 10 seconds to the super's timer. So if you keep tapping square instead of holding it, you'll keep adding time to the Embiggen timer. For whatever reason, it only works with elevators.

For Let the Games Begin, I'd clear out the outside area and hack the door without using Embiggen. Then get to the elevator when it opens, use Embiggen and build up 5 or 6 minutes on the timer and then go down. If you run / jump past the hallway enemies and skip the extra strongboxes, you can clear a floor in 2-3 minutes. Then you can do the trick on the next elevator to put more minutes back on the timer. Repeat.

Just avoid assisting any AI teammates with joint takedowns, like on Dreadbots. A couple times when I did that I lost Embiggen completely, no matter how much time was left.

14 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

As Ms. Marvel, if you have Embiggen active when you interact with an elevator prompt it will add 10 seconds to the super's timer. So if you keep tapping square instead of holding it, you'll keep adding time to the Embiggen timer. For whatever reason, it only works with elevators.

For Let the Games Begin, I'd clear out the outside area and hack the door without using Embiggen. Then get to the elevator when it opens, use Embiggen and build up 5 or 6 minutes on the timer and then go down. If you run / jump past the hallway enemies and skip the extra strongboxes, you can clear a floor in 2-3 minutes. Then you can do the trick on the next elevator to put more minutes back on the timer. Repeat.

Just avoid assisting any AI teammates with joint takedowns, like on Dreadbots. A couple times when I did that I lost Embiggen completely, no matter how much time was left.

haha thats nuts. I will try that, thanks.

I found another Embiggen trick as well. You need the Darkhold for that but basically it allows you to almost instantly activate Embiggen whenever you want:

1. Use Embiggen and all other heroics
2. At health over 50 % and without any heroics fully charged use Darkhold. It will instantly fully charge all Heroics. Use Embiggen again.
3. The Darkhold has a 5 minute cooldown but that cooldown will be reset if you are downed. But Kamala has a specialization for Healing spirit which allows her to revive HERSELF.
4. So once you lose Embiggen what you wanna do is keep one charge for Healing spirit and use everything else so that her other heroics are empty. Then get downed.
5. Revive yourself with the last Healing spirit charge you have and instantly use Darkhold again to fully charge all heroics.
6. Also collect all heroic orbs so you can use Embiggen even more.

I timed myself and using this method I clear the Let the Game begin Hive in about 15 minutes.