Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

Both DLC trophies that people shitted themselves about have now been earned AFTER the server shutdown on the GOTY edition list... https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3559-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/65-the-hunt-is-my-mistress | https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3559-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/75-lord-of-the-ring

Considering when I worked on the platinum for the original list I was getting Vendetta's from people who had the GOTY edition list, the servers across both versions were the same. This settles the debate about the DLC trophies once and for all, I'll consider anyone who asks the question about those trophies again to be a troll who is looking to rile people up because of how often people didn't want to look at other posts in the thread to find the answer. The GOTY edition list was the most popularly played version during the shutdown period because apparently if you buy the digital version of the game now you get that list on your profile. I'm sure soon enough people will get the two trophies on the standard list very frequently after the shutdown as well.

2 hours ago, Beliar4 said:

Sony`s a ballsy troll to put this game on January Sale.

Sony and Warner Bros games don't care about trophies, the game is still complete enough without some tacked on feature that had a trophy tied to it. Whatever money they can keep milking out of the game, they will, even though the features they removed probably costed hardly anything to keep running.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Lol 

Don't act as if Sony would give a shit about trophies. And 99% of the people who buy it in this sale won't do either. So there's nothing wrong about that. 

Its a shitpost. I know really well that sony dont give a shit about it. Sony dont give a shit if their store work properly.

11 minutes ago, VitasVarnas said:

Servers are online for me, I just got the trophy.

I wondered if someone would say this.  I got the trophy yesterday, but Vendetta missions were popping up for me this morning still.  Maybe the person who needs to turn them off is off for the holiday?  I would not wait around if you still need the trophy though.  Good luck to everyone that wants to get it pre-shutdown.

8 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

any DLC trophies require online?

7 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Each and single one of them, DLC's are delisted though and GOTY edition is now stripped out of them

No, no, no and no! There are ZERO online trophies in either of the DLCs. The One and Only online trophy in this entire game was Repaid in Blood. The GOTY Edition has both DLCs hardcoded into it so will remain completable for life, even if the standalone versions get delisted.

2 minutes ago, GatorBeerGeek said:

I wondered if someone would say this.  I got the trophy yesterday, but Vendetta missions were popping up for me this morning still.  Maybe the person who needs to turn them off is off for the holiday?  I would not wait around if you still need the trophy though.  Good luck to everyone that wants to get it pre-shutdown.

It could be that the shutdown happens on Monday if it hasn't already, because the same thing happened to Mad Max.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

No, no, no and no! There are ZERO online trophies in either of the DLCs. The One and Only online trophy in this entire game was Repaid in Blood. The GOTY Edition has both DLCs hardcoded into it so will remain completable for life, even if the standalone versions get delisted.

Thanks for letting us know, it's a great shame that only just now someone had said that

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Varhur said:

If it was said 100 times over, why are people asking? Yeah, they're asking cuz there's no answer anywhere, checkmate ?

My thread on .org has a complete list of GOTY Editions and what they contain: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/297967-complete-edition-central/

12 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I asked because Im too lazy to look through 10 pages.

The answer was found at the top of both the previous page to this one (LINK) and in the OP of this thread in the GOTY Edition forum: 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

34 minutes ago, Spaz said:

There are people who already got the Vendetta trophy in 2021. So what's the deal, will it soon be unobtainable or did WB Games just make it impossible to link an account from their website onto this game?

Much probable thing to happen is this:

On 1/1/2021 at 2:15 PM, ElevExplorer64 said:

Just got the trophy. Looks like WB might not shut the servers down until Monday.

38 minutes ago, Spaz said:

There are people who already got the Vendetta trophy in 2021. So what's the deal, will it soon be unobtainable or did WB Games just make it impossible to link an account from their website onto this game?

No one knows for sure, of course. Two likely scenarios:

1) It won't be turned off as either the functionality is not something that can be switched off or WB just doesn't care to. I'm this scenario the "shut down" is basically just WB washing its hands of supporting the game.

2) It's a holiday weekend. The game will be shut off sometime on the first working day after the announced date (i.e., Monday).

There are of course other possibilities and nothing is certain but most shutdowns that don't happen as scheduled follow one of those patterns. If the game is still up past Monday it'll likely remain that way for an indefinite period.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Also worth mentioning that nothing is reliant on having a WB Play account. I never made one and vendetta missions spawned fine.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, talespagni said:

That's gonna be the intern guy's reaction when he comes to the WB's office on Monday morning and remembers he forgot to turn off the servers...

Interns are typically jokers anyway. I can't imagine being one working at WB Games, must get a lot of overtime with crappy pay with crappy co-workers breathing down their necks...