Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

Nice to see confirmation that it doesn't affect the DLC trophies.

I bought the GOTY Edition awhile so I'll be playing that until I get the Vendetta mission trophy; I already gotten the regular Shadow of Mordor Vendetta mission trophy several years ago (didn't even know it was an online trophy).

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

Another one of those games that everyone I have ever heard of will hop onto. There is no excitement about server shutdowns anymore when there are hundreds of people who hop on the bandwagon. I will take some time to think about this one and whether I will bother doing it but I find it funny that it is now on sale while having a shutdown announcement.

Not everyone hops on just because of a bandwagon and buys it to have some future rare trophy/achievement in their catalog. I've had both SoM and SoW sitting around on my shelf for years because I haven't really wanted to play them just yet since so many other games have been coming out that I'm much more excited to play so they sort of just flow to the wayside. It's just that now if I want 100% on them I gotta get off my butt and play them.

• Like 2

It is very easy to obtain. As soon as you finish the tutorial and get spit out into the open world map, traverse the various dark areas of the map and reforge towers to make more areas of the map visible. Once you have reforged several towers, do one of the main missions. I did the one installing an ally as an Orc Captain. This unlocked various new mission types on the visible map, including Vendetta missions. One spawned immediately for me. Start the mission and patrol the area marked in green on your map. Enter Wraith mode with :l1: and look for red enemies, those are the Captains. Press :r3: to identify any unknown Captains. Once you identify the target of your mission, it will paint that captain and identify its weaknesses and strengths, pay attention to them. Kill the enemy and the mission will complete and the trophy will pop. If you die during a vendetta mission, you fail, it disappears from the map, and you will have to wait for another mission to appear. It took a little less than an hour and a half from start of the game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, locoporkko said:

as with mad max I do not understand the fucking mania of putting trophies online in a game that does not require online

I don't understand how the multiplayer trophies in MKX are all obtainable yet the single player online trophies are not. They should stick to films. 

7 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It's such a bs trophy, 8hrs and nothing. It's all about luck, lots saying they played the entire game and never got one. 

I think it helps if you have a lot of people on your friends list

i did it twice today and got it within an hour of playing on both stacks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I think it helps if you have a lot of people on your friends list

i did it twice today and got it within an hour of playing on both stacks

Maybe. Use to have a lot on my list but removed all but a few, only have people on my list now that i speak to. 

Edit. Got it, tried something and it works for me. What gets them to pop up for me is, when in game go to network settings and disconnect then reconnect to network. One popped up almost straight away, did the same thing again and another popped up, both were from friends who haven't played the game in over 2 years. Something to try for anyone else who can't get the mission to pop up. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

Like to mention to everyone before they buy the dlc and game off PSN. Only the game of the year version which includes all dlc is still available to buy for NA PSN at at least. The dlc being sold is only for people who owned the original digital version prior to being removed from sale for the GOTY or those who own a physical disc.

There's two lists for PS4 and you don't want to be double dipping on dlc if you don't plan to go for both lists.

4 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Can anyone tell me, please, what's the difference between the standart edition and the gold edition? Because I don't see any description in the psn store, lol.

Aren't you looking at Shadow of War? Pretty sure there's no gold edition for this one (Shadow of Mordor), only the standard & Game of the Year editions.

I got 2 revenge missions within the first half hour of gameplay after playing this again after 5 years. 

First 1 i died but the 2nd one came up soon after so there must be a spike in players right now

This game is so hard which is the reason i stopped playing but finally killed the 4th warchief today.

By the way on the eu store the standard edition is 9 pound and the dlcs are about 1.50 each.

So glad i found out the goty edition as a seperate list so i didnt get new a list up

Edited by dannyswfc9