Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

On 10/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, Sergen said:

Whenever a server shutdown happens there are always hundreds of people who chase it. When I say "everyone I've ever heard of", I mean that pretty much anyone relevant to me in this community will likely jump on the chance to get these online trophies before the servers shutdown. Hopping on the bandwagon means that someone will see this thread and decide to go and hunt those online trophies solely because of the server shutdown announcement.

Are you finding fault with identifying the benefits of acting on a limited-time opportunity?  Is that to say you've never bought anything on sale, or parked your car in a spot close to a store, or picked up a quarter from the ground?  Or are you revealing frustration that trophy hunters may, you know, hunt these trophies?  Perhaps I'm reading your message incorrectly, but using a phrase like 'hopping on a bandwagon' sounds strange to me when used in regard to trophy hunting on a trophy hunting website.  So some folks use a server closure to decide what to play next.  So what?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

This doesn't affect you in any way, so why the gatekeeping? I've had this game in my library for over a year and heck if I'm missing a chance to platinum it. So I'm gonna hop ALL OVER that bandwagon. 

I'm not bothered or gatekeeping it, I am just stating the obvious which is that whenever a shutdown announcement happens hundreds of people flock to it which currently kills the novelty factor of hunting down any game that will become unobtainable.

• Like 1

So would you prefer they not announce it? How would you even hunt down the game in that case, unless you already have it which isn't much to speak of given the game is considered pretty easy to plat anyway?

Personally I just bought the game because it was on sale and Shadow of War is free in November and I like to complete series when possible.

Looks like I gotta get back to this game... I'd have to start over since I didn't do much anyway.

This is so annoying, it's one superfluous online trophy that adds nothing. You could easily have set up the system to have 'fake' online interaction for people who played it offline as well. There are games that do that already. Nioh comes to mind with the.... wtf are they called, the dead people. There are set ones, and there are player ones if you're online.

How hard is that? I know there are other examples of this.

I'm a mess, I take ages to get around to shit. But I do eventually. Have so many platinums earned after 5+ years. These just make it a pain in the ass.

On 2020-10-31 at 7:48 AM, talespagni said:

Of course people would post things like "no, no, I'm not rushing to play this game, I hate online trophies", etc, etc.

Yeah? And? How does having 2 months to do it not mean rushing to do it? How does that change that these types of trophies are shit? lol

You go from being able to earn it at your own pace, to a deadline. It literally becomes a chore at that point since you're not longer able to do it whenever you feel like you have to do it before servers are shut off for a stupid feature that could have just not been there, or been designed to also work offline. Fuck, even Knack was smart enough spoof fake people so you could find relics in chests from other players to pick a different thing from. Rather than force you to connect and have friends who played the game. The friendslist makes it ~easier~ as you have more options to swap out what you get from, but it wasn't the only way to get it like this.

Edited by Elvick_

43 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

What don't you like about the game if I can ask? I remember playing the pc version when it came out and absolutely loving it

It's been a couple of years since I last touched it, but when I did it left me with a sour impression. The washed out colors, the controls, clarity, layout, and even the nemesis system was kinda bothering, I hated it. And this is coming from someone who loves the Peter Jackson films (excluding the hobbit trilogy).

But hey maybe this time it'll click with me, even though I was never that big on the Batman style of combat, I did really like Spider-Man 2018 though.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

It's been a couple of years since I last touched it, but when I did it left me with a sour impression. The washed out colors, the controls, clarity, layout, and even the nemesis system was kinda bothering, I hated it. And this is coming from someone who loves the Peter Jackson films (excluding the hobbit trilogy).

But hey maybe this time it'll click with me, even though I was never that big on the Batman style of combat, I did really like Spider-Man 2018 though.

I've just been playing the game a few hours after not touching it since I beat the game on pc when it came out and there are actually a lot of things that frustrate me now lol. I didn't remember the difficulty being that brutal for example. Controls are also annoying as hell, but I still enjoy it a lot. Give it a try, it's certainly not perfect but still a great game imo

Edited by xDerErnst

Don't understand how could you consider this game hard. I mean there are upgrades that make you a beast - there is an upgrade that even allows you to keep your combo if you get hit. Hell, Spider-man has a suit with power that doesn't break your combo too. I wish there was such things in Arkham but there aren't.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, JocoDynamo said:

Is it certain that the trophies "The Hunt is my Mistress" and "Lord of the Ring" aren't affected by this server shutdown with them being tied to leaderboards? These are the only two I pushed back, because of their difficulty compared to the rest of the list. 

They aren't tied to the leaderboards. You just have to complete them with all additional objectives - whether you want to put them on the leaderboards afterwards is your choice. Will be achievable even after this shutdown, unless they do something really crazy with how it works.

Edited by Eagle

19 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This game is so hard which is the reason i stopped playing but finally killed the 4th warchief today.

This game isn't hard at all. In the beginning, yes. Controls also need time to get used to. However, later, when you've fully upgraded your characters, the platinum difficulty will become almost a joke. You can even obliterate an entire army of Uruks and their Warchiefs easily, especially if you exploit their weaknesses. Happy hunting! :D

P.S. I really adore this game, so that I've platinumed it twice (vanilla, GOTY). I even call it a masterpiece. :)

Wow. I randomly decided to check the guide for this game because this game came back to my mind. I've had it for like 2 years. Imagine my surprise when I was met with this.

Thankfully the online trophy seems really easy to get, and with the influx of players like me trying to get it out of the way there should be more of those vendetta missions lying around.