Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

23 hours ago, zizimonster said:

This game isn't hard at all. In the beginning, yes. Controls also need time to get used to. However, later, when you've fully upgraded your characters, the platinum difficulty will become almost a joke. You can even obliterate an entire army of Uruks and their Warchiefs easily, especially if you exploit their weaknesses. Happy hunting! :D

P.S. I really adore this game, so that I've platinumed it twice (vanilla, GOTY). I even call it a masterpiece. :)

If you google "shadow of mordor hard" theres so many threads saying its hard and some saying its easy so it divideds opinion more than any game ive played. 

Ive heard it gets easier later on with the skills you unlock and also harder later on when you get to the second half of the game lol.

Its just about getting used to the controls and using counter and the x button alot. 

My problem was the warchiefs taking ages to kill and at first having 5 bodyguards and then about another 30 joining the fight.

Im getting better at it and enjoying the game more than i did 5 years ago.

Imo its the hardest game to start off with than any ive played. Wether it gets easier later on when im used to the combat ill wait and see

On 10/31/2020 at 8:07 AM, Aodir said:

The amount of comments like this the Mad Max thread got almost make it seem like it's bad, as if game gatekeeping was a thing. I know what you state here is a fact, I myself am one of the Mad Max guys, but isn't the reason these threads are made to warn people who started or wanted to start this game eventually?

I'm just glad the community picks up on these things relentlessly and is kind enough to make a thread to warn other people. 

(I'm quoting you as an example, you likely didn't mean it in a derrogatory way whatsoever, just letting some steam off from the mad max thread ?)

It's no different from when people jumped on Driveclub, I was one of many who jumped on that bandwagon. Once I did all the online, including that Driveclub Bikes replay online trophy, it was smooth sailing from there.

In a way, this helps attract people who were on the fence. I did this with PlayStation All-Stars two years ago, easily could of done the PS3 version but I decided against it.

• Like 2

Oh, so that's why I see so many people suddenly playing this game lol

Thankfully, I don't do 100% unless I really like a game, won't spend extra cash just for the sake of 100% trophies.

If I cared about getting 100% on everything I would just stick with my xbox 360.   

Mordor was OK but a wannabe Assassin's Creed without any of the charm. The plat was enough. 

On 08/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, II--KAMAL--II said:

Same question... any answers, please?

The DLCs are 100% free from online trophies. You can start them without any worries, the only trophy affected will be "Repaid by Blood."

Edited by Eagle

The trophy in question barely took an hour or 2 to earn. Really simple aswell, which is kind of a shame. Seems a waste of resources to have the WBPlay servers for the sole purpose of a single quest added to the game. 

On the plus side the game is great so far, pretty annoying at first with the control's and difficulty but as there is progression it's getting easier. Shame I missed out on it years ago. 

Edited by MickeyMixLipa

The vendetta missions were unlocked after complete a story mission when you see the creation of "something".

I failed on the first one (too many enemies at the same place). But immediately after other one appeared and I completed and trophy unlocked.

Took me about 5 hours to find the first vendetta mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lot of fun getting plat. It was pretty easy. Started the GOTY edition now and its even easier with the epic gears right off the bat. Make sure to exploit weakness of enemy! Its a slaughter!

On 31/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, DEI2EK said:

I think it helps if you have a lot of people on your friends list

i did it twice today and got it within an hour of playing on both stacks

Having alot of people.on your friendliest definitely helps in this situation.

Btw if anyone is having trouble running into this you can artificially set the challenge by usingnn an alt or creating a throwaway account then adding your main as a friend. Once added play through on the other account till you meet one of the leaders, then lose. Load back on your main hopefully your main being the only friend on that alts account will get the mission.

Well, sorry to tell you this, but I can confirm that "Repaid in Blood" isn't the only one trophy that will be lost: the two ones related to Leaderboards will be affected too ("The Hunt is My Mistress" and "The Lord of the Ring") .

WBGames confirmed this to me answering me this:

WB Games Support (Middle-earth Games)

Nov 27, 2020, 10:35 PM EST

Greetings Ness,

Yes, as those achievements/trophies are related to the Leaderboard, they're set to be scrapped.

We do appreciate your dedication to our game and hope you can unlock them before shutdown!

Kind regards,

I came from Xbox Trueachievements related notice too and users confirmed it as well, since a player unlocked all requirements for one of the achievements while the game had connection issues (I mean, the SERVERS were DOWN) and did not unlock it until the servers returned to work. 
Edited by Ness-Noldo
Added information to clarify
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 8:46 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Don’t you love it when a single player, otherwise completely offline game has a totally unnecessary online trophy?

*caugh caugh* Van Helsing III! Stupid online trophy and a goddamn chore to get due how dead it is. I swear I had to message EVERYONE who unlocked that trophy to ask if they could jump on and join my game real quick to add towards my 20 total that you need to unlock it. Van Helsing: completely offline. Van Helsing II: completely offline. Why add this bullshit in the third installment? I'm like the first guy who posted in this thread: I absolutely HATE online trophies with a burning passion!

3 hours ago, Ness-Noldo said:

Well, sorry to tell you this, but I can confirm that "Repaid in Blood" isn't the only one trophy that will be lost: the two ones related to Leaderboards will be affected too ("The Hunt is My Mistress" and "The Lord of the Ring") .

WBGames confirmed this to me answering me this:

WB Games Support (Middle-earth Games)

Nov 27, 2020, 10:35 PM EST

Greetings Ness,

Yes, as those achievements/trophies are related to the Leaderboard, they're set to be scrapped.

We do appreciate your dedication to our game and hope you can unlock them before shutdown!

Kind regards,

I came from Xbox Trueachievements related notice too and users confirmed it as well, since a player unlocked all requirements for one of the achievements while the game had connection issues and did not unlock it until the servers returned to work. 

Are you absolutely 100% sure about that? I ask, because multiple users here have confirmed there are no online trophies in the DLCs (at least not on the PS4), plus WB Support are well known for not having a clue what they're talking about.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are you absolutely 100% sure about that? I ask, because multiple users here have confirmed there are no online trophies in the DLCs (at least not on the PS4), plus WB Support are well known for not having a clue what they're talking about.

Yes. that's what • Vendetta missions and Leaderboards will no longer be available means.

if there is no leaderboard you can't register your score.

41 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Yes. that's what • Vendetta missions and Leaderboards will no longer be available means.

if there is no leaderboard you can't register your score.

The dlc trophies aren't gotten by registering your score to the leaderboards, they are gotten by completing all objectives in the trials.

• Like 3