Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

8 hours ago, jmartinez8089 said:

The dlc trophies aren't gotten by registering your score to the leaderboards, they are gotten by completing all objectives in the trials.

Yes, that's correct, although no one knows how it's gonna affect the trophies related after the leaderboards will be cut. I guess you can count on the people here who done it offline.

Edited by mataningo

4 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Do you carry over your character from the main game, when playing the two DLCs?

Yup, on the Trials you carry over but in Lord of the Hunt DLC you got all perks and upgrades

4 hours ago, janzor88 said:

And which two trophies are somehow tied to the leaderboards?

Apparently The Hunt is My Mistress and Lord of the Ring but I'm very confused if you really need the servers for it.

Best way to complete it 100% if you don't have much time is to finish the story while getting Repaid in Blood then 100% both DLC and then go for the base game collectables.

Edited by CsabelitoHUN
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sergen said:

To those of you who are shitting yourselves about the DLC challenge trophies becoming unobtainable, don't... One of my friends intentionally signed out of PSN before completing Test of the Ring just to test if the trophy would unlock at the end without submitting a score to the leaderboards and it did, this was shortly before I endured those challenges myself. After earning both of those challenge trophies myself I can confirm that the trophies do unlock instantly and before anything related to the leaderboards appear on your screen. The only online trophy on the entire game is "Repaid in Blood" for getting a Vendetta and it can be done within 2 hours of starting the game up if you rush for it. However because there is 1 month left that is more than enough time to 100% the entire game, it took me 33 hours to 100% the game and I was in no rush and did watch every cutscene so for anyone who is worried about the game but aware of it, you can certainly 100% it long before the servers shut and have the peace of mind that you didn't randomly miss something.

Once again, WB Support are proved to be full of shit and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

• Like 3

On 30/11/2020 at 9:11 AM, HuntingFever said:

Which trophy is it and can anyone else confirm this?

That is for Shadow of War, LOL. There aren't even forts you can take over in Shadow of Mordor.

PSA: Similar names =/= same game.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Shadow of War servers are staying, right?

Those servers will be up for a while yet but considering how much debt WB are in at the moment, they may decide to cut their losses and save a few bucks by terminating the servers in a lot of their remaining games so I wouldn't dawdle if you to Platinum any of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Those servers will be up for a while yet but considering how much debt WB are in at the moment, they may decide to cut their losses and save a few bucks by terminating the servers in a lot of their remaining games so I wouldn't dawdle if you to Platinum any of them.

Thanks, I wanna 100% the Middle Earth games but I only have time to play on weekends

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is there any other games to consider besides these two ? Batman AA / AC / AO (I'm aware of online mode for this one) for PS3 and AK on PS4 maybe they have leaderboard related stuff ? I checked guides but I didn't see anything like that if anyone can confirm?

Sorry for the off-topic

4 minutes ago, Okoteiru said:

Is there any other games to consider besides these two ? Batman AA / AC / AO (I'm aware of online mode for this one) for PS3 and AK on PS4 maybe they have leaderboard related stuff ? I checked guides but I didn't see anything like that if anyone can confirm?

Sorry for the off-topic

Other than Arkham Origins, none of the Batman games have any online trophies but WB also publish the Mortal Kombat and Injustice games and those are loaded with online trophies, though some have long since gone offline.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2020 at 5:53 AM, HuntingFever said:

Are you absolutely 100% sure about that? I ask, because multiple users here have confirmed there are no online trophies in the DLCs (at least not on the PS4), plus WB Support are well known for not having a clue what they're talking about.

Yes. WB Games are not so sure about what they're talking, but in this case this was clear. As I said, I came from Xbox and you can follow the conversation there too:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n43779/shadow-of-mordor-servers

Someone did one achievement when servers were down and got nothing until the servers returned. He posted this there, confirming that this two achievements/trophies will be unobtainable:

"I just did these achievements at a time when the servers were down for a few minutes. The achievement did not pop until after the servers were back online. The game showed I had completed it and everything before the servers were back online. If the servers go down permanently, these achievements will definitely become unobtainable until the game is patched".

Edited by Ness-Noldo

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

To those of you who are shitting yourselves about the DLC challenge trophies becoming unobtainable, don't... One of my friends intentionally signed out of PSN before completing Test of the Ring just to test if the trophy would unlock at the end without submitting a score to the leaderboards and it did, this was shortly before I endured those challenges myself. After earning both of those challenge trophies myself I can confirm that the trophies do unlock instantly and before anything related to the leaderboards appear on your screen. The only online trophy on the entire game is "Repaid in Blood" for getting a Vendetta and it can be done within 2 hours of starting the game up if you rush for it. However because there is 1 month left that is more than enough time to 100% the entire game, it took me 33 hours to 100% the game and I was in no rush and did watch every cutscene so for anyone who is worried about the game but aware of it, you can certainly 100% it long before the servers shut and have the peace of mind that you didn't randomly miss something.

I believe that's different. I have posted that some player in Xbox did one of that achievements having "connection issues" and cheevo no popping, but I was no clear enough because he made the achievement while THE SERVERS were DOWN, instead of having mere "connections issues" (or playing "offline") . I mean, it said in-game that he completed all task for that but no achievement popped UNTIL SERVERS were FIXED. So, if we assume that the servers will be permanently down after the end of this year: then, these achievements/trophies will be IMPOSSIBLE to unlock. 

Maybe this works different for PS consoles? I don't know, but if I were you, I rather would complete that two leaderboards shits trophies before the closure.

2 hours ago, Ness-Noldo said:

I believe that's different. I have posted that some player in Xbox did one of that achievements having "connection issues" and cheevo no popping, but I was no clear enough because he made the achievement while THE SERVERS were DOWN, instead of having mere "connections issues" (or playing "offline") . I mean, it said in-game that he completed all task for that but no achievement popped UNTIL SERVERS were FIXED. So, if we assume that the servers will be permanently down after the end of this year: then, these achievements/trophies will be IMPOSSIBLE to unlock. 

Maybe this works different for PS consoles? I don't know, but if I were you, I rather would complete that two leaderboards shits trophies before the closure.

Gonna go with it potentially working differently on Xbox... Otherwise maybe if the servers are down but you are signed into PSN while doing the trophy it will not register it, so you'd have to instead be signed out of PSN completely to make it work. As I said one of my friends found that TrueAchievements post while I was working on the DLC trophies and because they were already very close to the "Lord of the Ring" trophy, they decided to back up their save right before the end and finish off the trophy without being signed into PSN and then after that was done the trophy did unlock. I'm sure that some other people are close to the trophy and will eventually be able to test it while being signed out of PSN to confirm it even further because you can simply back up your save file when you only need to kill 1 more enemy and unlock the trophy like that.

I'm gonna mention that you shouldn't trust support staff from Warner Bros games because they said that Mad Max's online features going down wouldn't affect trophies but now that the servers are down you can't use a scrap crew for those challenges and that makes the platinum unobtainable. They've gotten it wrong both ways now, thinking that Shadow of Mordor will become unobtainable due to leaderboards and also thinking that Mad Max was going to stay obtainable. These people are paid to copy and paste things from a script rather than genuinely give a shit about your issues but who can blame them when they're being paid minimum wage in a job where they'll be fired in a few months to make room for someone else who will be paid minimum wage instead of them?

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Can someone please confirm whether or not you actually need to have your WBPlay account verified to have a Vendetta mission spawn in? I’m about 75% of the way through the main missions and have not had a single one pop up. I’ve discovered both maps fully and have advanced time quite a bit, and I’ve also connected/disconnected/closed the app as well. My WBPlay account is stuck on the main menu saying I need to verify when I already have twice. Idk what to do. 

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Can someone please confirm whether or not you actually need to have your WBPlay account verified to have a Vendetta mission spawn in? I’m about 75% of the way through the main missions and have not had a single one pop up. I’ve discovered both maps fully and have advanced time quite a bit, and I’ve also connected/disconnected/closed the app as well. My WBPlay account is stuck on the main menu saying I need to verify when I already have twice. Idk what to do. 

I didn't do anything with WBPlay accounts and ive had Vendetta missions spawn fine for me.

• Like 1