Legends Mode: Raid

Lanky-Lemon

To anyone who has tried the raid already, how was the difficulty? Would you compare it to a gold difficulty story? Nightmare?

Could the raids be completed with a group of randoms from this site, Reddit or discord for example? Or is a lot of coordination required?

Just wondering as I'll be coming back for that final gold trophy in a few weeks ?

I haven't played this but I know someone who just did and they said Nightmare is easy compared to this so expect one hell of challenge and a lot of swearing. Also, co-ordination is essential so unless you can find a skilled group to play with who have maxed out gear, you are going to have serious problems getting through the Raid.

• Like 1

Nightmare (especially Nightmare Survival) is insane with enemies who down you in like one hit. But Nightmare also requires very little coordination compared to the raid. It's probably closer to Gold in terms of how hard enemies hit and how much health they have.

We had to figure everything out for the raid ourselves since there aren't really any guides out yet. And we were able to. With a guide or at least one person who's already done it before, it'd definitely be possible with randoms. Everyone will need a mic though since there's parts where you need to communicate well between the team.

Chapter 1 set the bar at a good spot and has the least amount of mechanics to worry about. Once you know what you need to do, it'd be fairly easy to complete with randoms.

Chapter 2 (especially the last encounter) was the hardest of the chapters. The middle encounter took 4-5 tries for us to figure out exactly what we were supposed to be doing but once we did we got it next try. The last encounter requires individuals who are good enough at the game to be able to take on large number of enemies by themselves quickly. Since we're all friends it was easier for us to just roll into the next attempt or switch up who had to be in what position without really putting blame on anyone. But if you have the right type of people who are in it to win, you could make it through with randoms.

Chapter 3 also requires individuals to be strong on their own since you'll be separated a lot. You also need to be really good at the 1v1 duel fights from the single player since someone on your team (probably at least 2 but more likely 3) will need to handle them. Not just at "not dying" during them but also at doing them quickly.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lanky-Lemon said:

To anyone who has tried the raid already, how was the difficulty? Would you compare it to a gold difficulty story? Nightmare?

Could the raids be completed with a group of randoms from this site, Reddit or discord for example? Or is a lot of coordination required?

Just wondering as I'll be coming back for that final gold trophy in a few weeks 1f60a.png

I did the raid yesterday the day it came out with 3 random people I found on this site. However, I will say HEAVY cordination was needed as this is not something that can be done just running in as alot of the raid is timed between checkpoints. You will fail....ALOT finding out what you need to do next.

It is not impossible by any means but if you are going to take on this raid all users really need to have mics and I would recommend a minimum of 2 Ronins (my team had 3 and it was tough). Puzzles are pretty intense compared to story missions and enemies are at nightmare level difficulty.

Chapter 2 is by far the hardest one and longest. Chapter 1 is pretty long but not near as hard. Chapter 3 surprisingly is the easiest and shortest as its just a boss fight but its still challenging and I hope you and your team are good at dueling!

• Like 1

Completed chapter 1 with two friends and a random that we met playing in Nightmare mode yesterday.  Took us 80-90 minutes to complete the chapter.  Really fun!  Lot of communication to figure out the objectives in each stage.  Once we figured out what was needed, we usually succeeded the next try.

Overall, I think difficulty is similar to Gold survival.  The time limit and puzzles are the only thing that makes it harder, but I didn't feel like any of the enemies were cheap like it feels in Nightmare sometimes.  We played with 2 Ronin, Assassin and Hunter.

Looking forward to the other two chapters.

Edited by JaneAusten69

11 hours ago, Lanky-Lemon said:

Could the raids be completed with a group of randoms from this site, Reddit or discord for example? Or is a lot of coordination required?....

I'd rate difficulty somewhere between gold and nightmare...as far as randoms, I'd recommend the ghost of tsushima game page legends community on your ps4...have found good players each time within 5 minutes...there are currently a tonne of people looking for help so it shouldn't be a problem matching up regardless of your preferred class...you will need to coordinate to finish the missions so mics are really useful if not essential...

• Like 3

Definitely easier than nightmare survival, lots of checkpoints and not every enemy is an oni.

Communicate is very much required. There's platforms in chapter 2 where only one person can see the symbols.

It's extremely fun though and the raid alone is a better experience than a lot of AAA titles. They've really outdone themselves. 

I'm only at chapter 2 though, it's tough finding a team. All my requests have been ignored :(

Definitely easier than nightmare survival, lots of checkpoints and not every enemy is an oni.

Communicate is very much required. There's platforms in chapter 2 where only one person can see the symbols.

It's extremely fun though and the raid alone is a better experience than a lot of AAA titles. They've really outdone themselves. 

I'm only at chapter 2 though, it's tough finding a team. All my requests have been ignored :(

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Chapter 2 can bite me! Still needing to complete Chapter 2 & 3 at this point. Plan for long play sessions especially Ch. 2

The nice thing is once you figure out chapter 2, and if you can stick with the same group for it, it can be done really quick.  First time it took us like 5 hours, and we had to quit at the very last area because we were all so drained (it was like 3 - 4 in the morning and we were at it since around 7pm the previous night starting with chapter 1). 

So we quit and had to redo chapter 2 from scratch last night and we got back to the end in less than 2 hours (This time grabbing all chests too).  The end took us at least an hour to figure out the best strategy though.  I bet we could do it in less than 3 for the whole thing now.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 3

I played it with 3 People but my problem with the Raid was, that someone from my team was really stressful to me and just wanted to get things fast and be done quickly. I give you a little Tipp: Play with People who want to learn the mechanics of the game and not just want to be carried. About the Raid. Chapter 1 was easy, Chapter 2 it's the hardest part and chapter 3 was just a bossfight, but a good one. I played a Ronin mainclass and did all the Coordination for the other 3 guys and revieved them.

It's important to know that KI Lvl 110 is a must have, since it makes a difference.

Overall a good experience but with a stressful person ._./

• Like 3

16 hours ago, xTrap-ViisiioNz said:

I played it with 3 People but my problem with the Raid was, that someone from my team was really stressful to me and just wanted to get things fast and be done quickly. I give you a little Tipp: Play with People who want to learn the mechanics of the game and not just want to be carried. About the Raid. Chapter 1 was easy, Chapter 2 it's the hardest part and chapter 3 was just a bossfight, but a good one. I played a Ronin mainclass and did all the Coordination for the other 3 guys and revieved them.

It's important to know that KI Lvl 110 is a must have, since it makes a difference.

Overall a good experience but with a stressful person ._./

I had the same nervous guy in a random team once i launched Raid for the first time. Arrogant, pretentious and disrespectful teenager. But because i was the organiser of a group i decided to finish at least first chapter and then quit. At some point that dude started to loose patience because some of us where doing not as well as he desired. As long as we couldn't enjoy the game because of him, the teamwork became much worse and other two guys just made a rage quit. I wasn't even upset about it.

Thankfully, the other day i was lucky enough to join two different awesome groups, with whom i had a lot of fun and few memorable moments during our trip. So, yeah, it's really important to have an adequate team. Not just for completion, but also for good experience.

Things your group will need to finish this:

1) Communication. It's impossible without a voice chat.

2) Patience. Some encounters will take some / a lot of retries, especially if some of you don't know the mechanics.

3) Humor. This helps when 2) is starting to fail.

You can do it with randoms if the group fulfills those three requirements.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Looking forward to seeing how hard chapter 2 is. Did chapter 1 with a competent team and it took an hour or so. Hoping chapter 2 won’t take all night ^^

Knowing what to do and not being too tired it's really not too bad.  The end of it can be a problem but that wasn't even all that bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Knowing what to do and not being too tired it's really not too bad.  The end of it can be a problem but that wasn't even all that bad.

Yea thx. I guess ppl may have been hyping up about the difficulty a bit then. I had fun with chapter 1 and on top of that with a few ppl who has a good sense of humor helps along the way. So far I’m not complaining, at the end of the day at least it’s free content right lol.

2 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Yea thx. I guess ppl may have been hyping up about the difficulty a bit then. I had fun with chapter 1 and on top of that with a few ppl who has a good sense of humor helps along the way. So far I’m not complaining, at the end of the day at least it’s free content right lol.

I will be honest, I was not happy they added mp trophies to the game.  But in the end I met two really awesome guys who're going to help me with Red Dead 2 mp, and finally got to play with another really awesome guy who I'd been chatting with for over a year.  I think we're even going to run chapter 1 to get all of the chests to finish off the cosmetics for our characters this weekend too so I don't regret doing it at all.

I personally find the raids super fun. Chapter II is my favorite due to its length and the amount of teamwork it requires. Yeah, the end is challenging, but I find it a fun challenge over a frustrating challenge. My friends and I usually go with two Ronin to defend the last area since they have bombs and revives, one Samurai and one Assassin.

Considering how long the missions are, I don't expect new raids for a while, but I hope new raids get added eventually. They're really fun.

Id like to thank the 2nd group who manage to help me out from chapter 2 and 3 and have the patience to help me out. Personally was not a fan of the raid esp the issue with time difference work and outside life. In the future i hope there's no more raids coming up that makes it long and grindy and difficult

Note its true that it becomes easier if people know what to do or see guide as it would really.reduce down the hours drastically

Edited by maurjen

There won't be anymore content to be added in this multiplayer mode apart from updating weekly Nightmare Story & Nightmare Survival. A Sucker Punch dev went on a Kinda Funny podcast discussing it. Thank god there's no more future patches since I really don't want to constantly have to go back to this game just to do new raids. I already do hardcore raiding in FF14 so I don't need another raid commitment lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

There won't be anymore content to be added in this multiplayer mode apart from updating weekly Nightmare Story & Nightmare Survival. A Sucker Punch dev went on a Kinda Funny podcast discussing it. Thank god there's no more future patches since I really don't want to constantly have to go back to this game just to do new raids. I already do hardcore raiding in FF14 so I don't need another raid commitment lol.

Bummer. I was hoping for a new raid at some point. I just completed this one and really enjoyed it!

• Like 1