Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

6 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

How about you guys wait for a normal workday, where someone at WB has actually a chance to shut it down? 

I would be surprised if someone worked there on new years day or on the weekend. 

Mad Max servers shut down in saturday. 

13 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Has anyone tested to see if the scoreboards are still online? I know it is not required for those trophies, but it would be really cool if the vendetta missions worked of P2P connection.

I know most likely it is just they will shut them off next work day, but still.

I don't think the Vendetta's are P2P because I got a vendetta from a friend that didn't play the game in years... So seems like some server is keeping track of player deaths for the vendetta's.

Or maybe it's just a server with a pool of players that died at least once and they keep on giving them out as Vendetta's. Just wondering because else it would technically be possible to run out of vendetta's for people ? 

3 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I don't think the Vendetta's are P2P because I got a vendetta from a friend that didn't play the game in years... So seems like some server is keeping track of player deaths for the vendetta's.

Or maybe it's just a server with a pool of players that died at least once and they keep on giving them out as Vendetta's. Just wondering because else it would technically be possible to run out of vendetta's for people 1f914.png 

This^

The Vendettas are run off an actual server, thus the trophy will become unobtainable once that server is switched off because no more will be generated.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 0:23 AM, Guardian_owl said:

edit 12/27/20: added note that DLC trophies are not affected and the trophies for the sequel, Shadow of War, are not affected.

This updated information is very helpful... there was a bit of confusion when another Playstation gaming forum had mistakenly reported that two of the DLC trophies are going to be affected by server closures, when in fact that information was taken on an XBone website. Created a bit of a panic for some of the ill-informed. 

5 hours ago, eispan71 said:

This updated information is very helpful... there was a bit of confusion when another Playstation gaming forum had mistakenly reported that two of the DLC trophies are going to be affected by server closures, when in fact that information was taken on an XBone website. Created a bit of a panic for some of the ill-informed. 

Same here lol. I have the game on both platforms and tested it. The trigger for the trophy on PSN is as soon as you complete all the objectives. On Xbox, the achievement only unlocks after you upload your score to the online leaderboard.

Sucks for Xbox players. I haven’t tested the same on PC, but I am curious if it is the same as Xbox

• Like 2

OK everyone. I have completed the vendetta challenge in the game almost 30 minutes ago & also another vendetta mission was appeared for me right now.

So if someone is planning to play the game now, I am advised you if you want to do this on another psn user that you have, because if you are going to play this & suddenly the server is shut down. you will not going to get the trophy & i am did this on one of my other users for the same reason & not going to play this in my main psn account here.

16 hours ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Same here lol. I have the game on both platforms and tested it. The trigger for the trophy on PSN is as soon as you complete all the objectives. On Xbox, the achievement only unlocks after you upload your score to the online leaderboard.

Sucks for Xbox players. I haven’t tested the same on PC, but I am curious if it is the same as Xbox

Thanks for adding more information on this and for testing it yourself. Playstation players can now rest their worries regarding the way the trophies pop versus the way the achievments are earned on Xbone. I can truly relax now... THANKS AGAIN!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, eispan71 said:

Thanks for adding more information on this and for testing it yourself. Playstation players can now rest their worries regarding the way the trophies pop versus the way the achievments are earned on Xbone. I can truly relax now... THANKS AGAIN!

Totally missed this. My bad lol.

You’re welcome!! Happy to help! I was curious myself, so I just had to know.

According to a post in the other thread there is a reprieve until Mid-January. He just mentions achievement hunters though, so perhaps they are negotiating with Microsoft for them to take over duties of the server hosting for the xbone version of the game, since it requires the leaderboards for DLC achievements. Microsoft have accepted multiplayer duties for many games in the past which shut down for the playstation version. Once that theoretical handover was achieved, Warner would shut off their server and the PS4 version plat would be unobtainable at that juncture.

51SXnPK.png

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

According to a post in the other thread there is a possible reprieve until Mid-January. He just mentions achievement hunters though, so perhaps they are negotiating with Microsoft for them to take over duties of the server for the xbone version of the game, since it requires the leaderboards for DLC achievements. Microsoft have accepted multiplayer duties for many games in the past which shut down for the playstation version. Once that theoretical handover was achieved, Warner would shut off their server and the PS4 version plat would be unobtainable at that juncture.

51SXnPK.png

Was someone able to ask them about mad max?

21 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

Was someone able to ask them about mad max?

Those servers did actually come offline the Monday following the posted date. I have my doubts they'd bring them back on just for this, but I suppose it's worth a shot, MS does have the money to throw around.

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Those servers did actually come offline the Monday following the posted date. I have my doubts they'd bring them back on just for this, but I suppose it's worth a shot, MS does have the money to throw around.

Would get me to buy the game for sure.

On 1/2/2021 at 1:58 PM, OnuR10Ly said:

People are still getting Repaid in Blood 2nd of January. So maybe this trophy works as p2p and you dont need servers? Thats how Batman Arkham Origins mp works btw. 

batman origins matchmaking servers are hosted on Amazon Cloud Servers. shadow of mordor connects to the game developers servers i cannot recall the Domain atm i think it was something with fire in the name.