Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

4 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Great news!

It seems like everything worked out for the best.

Monolith was informed about the shutdown affecting the trophy.  Monolith seriously listened to the concerns and worked hard to address the issue.  They contacted WB Games who was cooperative in the effort to have the shutdown not impact the trophy.  A patch has been developed and is scheduled for next week.

0uc1Q0i.png

Wow, that is really amazing!

3 hours ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Great news!

Monolith was informed about the shutdown affecting the trophy.  Monolith seriously listened to the concerns and worked hard to address the issue.  They contacted WB Games who was cooperative in the effort to have the shutdown not impact the trophy.  A patch has been developed and is scheduled for next week.

0uc1Q0i.png

Indeed a great news cheers mate ????????????

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Great news!

0uc1Q0i.png

Respect!!!!!

9 hours ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Great news!

0uc1Q0i.png

Wow! This is definitely a good move.

9 hours ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Great news!

0uc1Q0i.png

This should be added to the OP and to the title of the thread. 

Even though I already got the trophy, massive respect to Monolith! 

Now can someone ask them to unlock the framerate on SoM & SoW for PS5 lol. 

I wonder how much impeding server closures/trophies becoming unobtainable affect older game sales. On one hand, I doubt I would have bought this game if not for the deadline, on other hand I will never buy a game with unobtainable trophy due to server closure (like Mad Max).

As for the news - heartwarming little story! However, I don't see how they'd patch this trophy.

I am in agreement here.

Games that are 95% single player should not have Online Exclusive Trophies. For goodness' sake, Demon's Souls on PS3 understood this and that was from 2009! But it's all a trick to get us to play the Multiplayer.

That being said, thank God Monolith gave enough of a damn to patch the Trophy. I wish more companies did that.

• Like 1

On 2021-01-10 at 3:52 AM, PolarPhantom said:

I am in agreement here.

Games that are 95% single player should not have Online Exclusive Trophies. For goodness' sake, Demon's Souls on PS3 understood this and that was from 2009! But it's all a trick to get us to play the Multiplayer.

That being said, thank God Monolith gave enough of a damn to patch the Trophy. I wish more companies did that.

Well it’s stupid it was ever an online feature at all. Vendettas act similarly to those player graves in Nioh, and in Nioh there are also NPC graves to spoof what you’d experience online. They could have developed the game like that to have offline spoofed “vendettas” and the online ones. Even Knack 2 used this for the treasure having NPC’s to pick items from if you had no friends who played. 

curious now it’ll work and if it will truly work. 

Is the patch 1.04 for the game makes the vendetta on offline missions? I was already earned the vendetta trophy but want to know if i will give the physical copy of the game to someone that will want to get the 100% trophy for the game.

The patch in this time of message was 6 minutes ago so just wondering about the patch itself

13 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

Is the patch 1.04 for the game makes the vendetta on offline missions? I was already earned the vendetta trophy but want to know if i will give the physical copy of the game to someone that will want to get the 100% trophy for the game.

The patch in this time of message was 6 minutes ago so just wondering about the patch itself

1.04/1.11 should be the offline patch but the only way to know for sure, is to go offline and try to trigger a vendetta.

• Like 1

Just received the patch for both versions, as the original should be at version 1.11, while the GOTY should be at version 1.04.

Only the "Repaid in Blood" trophy is affected this making the plat unobtainable.

Only patch notes for both version just come up as "Online service updates"

• The Nemesis Forge feature will no longer be available. Therefore, players will no longer be able to transfer their in-game Nemeses from Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor to Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
• Vendetta missions and Leaderboards will no longer be available.
• WBPlay will no longer be available, but the epic runes “Orc Hunter” and “Gravewalker” will automatically be awarded to all players

• Like 2