Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

1 hour ago, ThalifmUS said:

Okay, I had this game on my shelf for a while and now I have 30 days to do 3 trophies just to be sure. 

I get the vendetta one can be done quite early. What about the other dlc 2? when can I do them? Do I have to complete the story missions first? Or can I go into them right away?

The two dlc ones can be done at any time by selecting trials of war on the main menu

I did the ring one last night and finished with a time of 59:05. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:16 AM, danielvella said:

I played more than 2 hours and still no vendetta missions available. Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to be connected to WB or something?

I am not positive if you need an account but I tried on 3 accounts and found that if you have a WB account it popped a lot sooner... I got it in 30 minutes after starting on an account with WB account linked

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Yes, reading the same source and the guy who actually asked the WB support team, they recalled that "The Hunt is my Mistress" and "Lord of the Ring" are tied with the leaderboards, then yes, the shutdown is going to knock down those trophies too. But seeing that someone tested them offline, and since people got them that way even at release time for the DLCs, we're in a really difficult position now to be sure about this. So, in all honesty... Are we safe from this, or we just have a solid 30 days now to get the 100%?

You never really know with these things, right. I mean, people deferred going for the Scraps in Mad Max and probably stuck with unobtainable platinum now and it is the same publisher, you see, hence being skeptical about the prospects of 100%-ing the game.

I will start the DLCs sometime tomorrow and let's see how it goes for these trophies.

Edited by dev2610

On 10/31/2020 at 8:41 PM, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

Well this is another kick in the teeth after rushing mad Max in time now I need to do this 2639.png I wish they would quit this crap for online trophies on a single player game.

I forget what i paid for it ($5 or so) a while back and i never got around to it yet but i just said screw it and deleted it, i dont have the time nor the patience anymore to be bothered with shit like this, server closures and what not

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dev2610 said:

You never really know with these things, right. I mean, people deferred going for the Scraps in Mad Max and probably stuck with unobtainable platinum now and it is the same publisher, you see, hence being skeptical about the prospects of 100%-ing the game.

I will start the DLCs sometime tomorrow and let's see how it goes for these trophies.

I posted this in the other stack forum, but the dlc trials do use your base game stats and runes, so if you don't have full health and full focus you might struggle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I forget what i paid for it ($5 or so) a while back and i never got around to it yet but i just said screw it and deleted it, i dont have the time nor the patience anymore to be bothered with shit like this, server closures and what not

To be honest it's no where near as bad as mad Max.

You had to put a lot more time in for the one specific trophy where as this you could potentially get close to the start.

Can't blame you for not bothering though, it can become stressful.

4 hours ago, dev2610 said:

Pretty interesting that nobody tested the scraps obtaining via offline method. I'm pretty skeptical about that the servers won't affect the trophy pop up, so I hope I can best the Challenges before the shutdown. Despite people claiming that you don't need them aside from "Repair in blood", I guess we have enough time to get the 100% before the year's end. 

29 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Pretty interesting that nobody tested the scraps obtaining via offline method. I'm pretty skeptical about that the servers won't affect the trophy pop up, so I hope I can best the Challenges before the shutdown. Despite people claiming that you don't need them aside from "Repair in blood", I guess we have enough time to get the 100% before the year's end. 

The Scrap Scavenges in Mad Max required online as it was needed to acquire the time from somewhere to verify how much scrap to award you (since it doesn't rely on your PS4's local time to prevent abuse). What was unknown is if WB had a server that provided the time, or if synced to some other generic source like PSN's time or time.windows.com. If it synced to a generic source, then even if the server for the leaderboards went down, the scrap scavenging could have possibly continued working. It ended up that the source for time sync was a WB server, so the feature did cease working.

People know the DLC challenge trophies will still work (on the PS4 at least) because they have already tested completing the challenges while being disconnected from the internet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

The Scrap Scavenges in Mad Max required online as it was needed to acquire the time from somewhere to verify how much scrap to award you (since it doesn't rely on your PS4's local time to prevent abuse). What was unknown is if WB had a server that provided the time, or if synced to some other generic source like PSN's time or time.windows.com. If it synced to a generic source, then even if the server for the leaderboards went down, the scrap scavenging could have possibly continued working. It ended up that the source for time sync was a WB server, so the feature did cease working.

People know the DLC challenge trophies will still work (on the PS4 at least) because they have already tested completing the challenges while being disconnected from the internet.

Thank you very much for clarifying this! Exactly the answer I was expecting and looking for. And yes, as many have posted seems that PS4 version works pretty much different from what one should expect compared with Xbox One, since players on both sides have divergent experiences and may be the servers are separate from each other. 

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

I just tested if the trophy for the 'Test of the ring' is obtainable offline.

Before the final warchief I made a back-up and after that I unplugged my internet cable.

PS4 says I'm offline and need to sign into PSN.

Starting the game, it says I'm offline.

Continue the trial, it says I'm offline and it won't be able to upload the score until I'm back online.

Went on and killed the final warchief => Trophy! :)

So on PS4 in the normal game + DLC (not GOTY), the 'Test of the ring' trophy is obtainable offline! 

I assume the other test trophy is also obtainable offline and I also assume it'll be possible to get them offline in the GOTY version as well.
But maybe someone else can test that to be 100% sure...

Awesome mate, thanks for testing this out! I guess the same this should apply for GOTY version, since both DLC are exactly the same just for the package as they are presented. If this is the case, where your PS4 just got unplugged and didn't connect via Wi-Fi again, then we have a definitive answer about this issue and all of us will be good, hopefully. But yes, more testing wouldn't be bad at all since could improve the confidence to don't worry about this. 

Hey guys, does anyone know if they shut off the servers early?

The Vendetta mission refuses to pop up, and it says that it can't connect to the server, despite me having internet and stuff.

Edit: Just to say, yes I've done as many story missions as I can. I have killed 1 war chief and done at least one of the bow, sword and dagger missions. Also done a rescue mission and at least 2 of the 'power' missions.

Edited by Nooby_Cake
Additional info.

1 hour ago, Nooby_Cake said:

Hey guys, does anyone know if they shut off the servers early?

The Vendetta mission refuses to pop up, and it says that it can't connect to the server, despite me having internet and stuff.

Edit: Just to say, yes I've done as many story missions as I can. I have killed 1 war chief and done at least one of the bow, sword and dagger missions. Also done a rescue mission and at least 2 of the 'power' missions.

I'm wondering the exact same thing.

I've blown up that statue and have killed countless Captains, as well as all possible Chief targets. Forwarded time numerous times, too, as well as done confrontation missions and at least one of each mission type for my current progress - but to no avail.

I was wondering if WBPlay had anything to do with it. I made an account and went to verify it, but all that did was send me to a password reset page (which is apparently super common) with no option to verify. There's been no workaround for this as far as I could discover.

I'm worried that I've gone and got myself an unobtainable platinum. I know I'm late to the party; but I've never been a big fan of the games based on Tolkien's works (of which I am a big fan), and it was thanks to them giving away War that I decided to give this a whirl - as it is so cheap... I just hope I don't regret this.

Edit: There are still people obtaining the trophy, so I guess the servers are still up. So... am I missing something or am I just really unlucky to have not seen one yet? I've seen people get them after a few missions, even as early as talking to Ratbag for the first time... so wtf?

Edited by breakbeatkaos
extra info

57 minutes ago, breakbeatkaos said:

I've blown up that statue and have killed countless Captains, as well as all possible Chief targets. Forwarded time numerous times, too, as well as done confrontation missions and at least one of each mission type for my current progress - but to no avail.

I was wondering if WBPlay had anything to do with it. I made an account and went to verify it, but all that did was send me to a password reset page (which is apparently super common) with no option to verify. There's been no workaround for this as far as I could discover.

Got the trophy last night and I admit shamefully that it took me 3 tries to get it. First, because I was fighting an overpowered Captain and the other for being out numbered despite I was really close to kill the uruk anyway. 

Yeah, what you need to do is to reset your password. Use the same you used but just change a key in the whole thing, like adding a "0" or a letter. Then, follow the next mails which will tell you that your password was reset and from there you can verify yourself. After that, the vendettas started to pop, and because I died, was really worried to lost them forever, but thankfully wasn't the case. Just a heads-up: be prepared, have good runes and unlock a bit the ability tree and be prepared for whatever boss spawn, specially for those RNG weaknesses. 

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I posted this in the other stack forum, but the dlc trials do use your base game stats and runes, so if you don't have full health and full focus you might struggle.

I have completed the base game, GOTY is where I am still working on the platinum, I have the Season Pass so when I will load up the DLC, my Talion will be fully upgraded with some good runes on it. I, in any case, do not intend to start on DLCs without the platinum for the base game.

Thank you for the heads up, though!

Edited by dev2610

On 01/11/2020 at 1:06 AM, Burgins said:

The missions themselves are technically content and you won't be able to do them anymore. But I do get what you mean, trophies aren't a priority for devs most the time

I think it's reasonable to wish that they consider them a higher priority than they do though. After all, there are significant sub communities devoted to them. It's not unreasonable to request that these trophies get patched out or replaced when the servers go offline.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kolm said:

I just tested if the trophy for the 'Test of the ring' is obtainable offline.

Before the final warchief I made a back-up and after that I unplugged my internet cable.

PS4 says I'm offline and need to sign into PSN.

Starting the game, it says I'm offline.

Continue the trial, it says I'm offline and it won't be able to upload the score until I'm back online.

Went on and killed the final warchief => Trophy! :)

So on PS4 in the normal game + DLC (not GOTY), the 'Test of the ring' trophy is obtainable offline! 

I assume the other test trophy is also obtainable offline and I also assume it'll be possible to get them offline in the GOTY version as well.
But maybe someone else can test that to be 100% sure...

Thank you so much for confirming this. Now I’m not in such a rush to finish this game. 

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Awesome mate, thanks for testing this out! I guess the same this should apply for GOTY version, since both DLC are exactly the same just for the package as they are presented. If this is the case, where your PS4 just got unplugged and didn't connect via Wi-Fi again, then we have a definitive answer about this issue and all of us will be good, hopefully. But yes, more testing wouldn't be bad at all since could improve the confidence to don't worry about this. 

You're welcome! I couldn't find the info myself so decided to test it myself ?

I don't have Wi-Fi settings set on my PS4 so it can't connect via Wi-Fi ;) 

On top of that, all the other notifications of being offline on PSN, the game and when I continued the trial also indicated that I was really offline :) 

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Yeah, what you need to do is to reset your password. Use the same you used but just change a key in the whole thing, like adding a "0" or a letter. Then, follow the next mails which will tell you that your password was reset and from there you can verify yourself.

I've done that numerous times and there's nothing in those confirmation of reset emails about going on to verify anything. I even went back to the original "to verify your account" email and it still just sends me to a reset password page... I went and searched for the site on Google and even that sends me straight to a reset password page instead of a home page of any sort.

Is it absolutely needed? I've seen some people claim to have gotten the trophy without it. Can anybody confirm this? If possible, someone who also got stuck on this password reset rubbish.

Edit: Even following the link to the support from the email leads to a reset password page - as well as clicking the WB logo at the top... what is this BS.

Edit 2: Literally just got it! I did the mission "Black Captain" and got a tutorial message for Vendetta Missions, and there one was. I wonder why I had to wait until that point but some others get one after like two missions... Oh well, it's out of the way now. And for anyone wondering about WBPlay: No, you don't need it verified or even linked it seems (though this has been said before, one more person saying so can't hurt).

I assume this is it for main game 31st deadline requirements?

Edited by breakbeatkaos
  • Like 1

WB Play is not a requirement, it was not a requirement for Mad Max either. I never logged into WB Play with either of the games. Vendetta missions will show up from random killed players, but seem to show up more often if it is people on your friend's list that have been killed. As the rush of players who started to play the game to get the trophy because of the announced shutdown begins to wane, the missions will just come more slowly.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Kolm said:

You're welcome! I couldn't find the info myself so decided to test it myself 1f602.png

I don't have Wi-Fi settings set on my PS4 so it can't connect via Wi-Fi ;) 

On top of that, all the other notifications of being offline on PSN, the game and when I continued the trial also indicated that I was really offline :) 

Thank you, then you're our saver for sure bro! If that happened with one trophy, and following the logic that both ("The Hunt is my Mistress") are tied with the leaderboards, hence internet connection, then we're good! Just focus on "Repair in blood" since is the only trophy required to have a plug to the web. Nice to know! 

46 minutes ago, snoopdoggtg said:

The Lord of the Hunt test is obtainable offline, I tested it myself and I have the GOTY version. 

Thanks mate! Now let's see if for "The Hunt is my Mistress" the same apply, but I believe that should be the case. 

10 hours ago, breakbeatkaos said:

Edit 2: Literally just got it! I did the mission "Black Captain" and got a tutorial message for Vendetta Missions, and there one was. I wonder why I had to wait until that point but some others get one after like two missions... Oh well, it's out of the way now. And for anyone wondering about WBPlay: No, you don't need it verified or even linked it seems (though this has been said before, one more person saying so can't hurt).

Yes, you needed to finish at least 3 main missions, then go and open the world via Forge Towers and viola! I haven't had other vendetta missions so far aside from just one playing for around 4 hours. But anyway, is a relief to have that one out. 

On 10/31/2020 at 5:23 PM, Guardian_owl said:

This was mentioned in the vanilla game forum, but it also applies to the GOTY edition which has a separate trophy list (the only version it doesn't apply to is the PS3 version which does not have the nemesis system). The server will be going down on 12/31/20. This will remove the ability to do Vendetta missions, completing one is required for the trophy :bronze: Repaid in Blood. Whenever a person on your friends list or a random player is killed by a captain, A vendetta mission can spawn. This has you hunt down and kill that enemy.

This can be done very early in game, 1-1.5 hours max to complete from start.

As soon as you finish the tutorial and get spit out into the open world map, traverse the various dark areas of the map and reforge towers to make more areas of the map visible. Once you have reforged several towers, do "The Spirit of Mordor" main mission to learn about the orc hierarchy and now to undermine their authority. This unlocks various missions to undermine Captains, including Vendetta missions. One spawned immediately for me. If you are unsure what the icon for a vendetta mission looks like, press the touchpad to open the map and then press :r1: to display the map legend. If you are not seeing any vendetta missions then do the other initial main mission and see if one spawns after that.

Start the vendetta mission and patrol the area marked in green on your map. Enter Wraith mode with :l1: and look for red enemies, those are the Captains. Press :r3: to identify any unknown Captains. Once you identify the target of your mission, it will paint that captain and identify its weaknesses and strengths, pay attention to them. Kill the enemy and the mission will complete and the trophy will pop. If you die during a vendetta mission, you fail, it disappears from the map, and you will have to wait for another mission to appear.

2ND ACCOUNT METHOD
If you aren't having any luck having random killed people vendetta missions show up and/or your friends aren't playing it, you can create a second PSN account (if you don't already have one), friend it, then start the game on it and let yourself get killed several times (just make sure those that killed you become captains). Then switch back over to your main account and see if you get a vendetta mission to avenge your other account.

edit 11/2/20: added some more information and a method to get it with another PSN account.

Thanks for the heads up! Game was on my bucket list to get the plat, so much appreciated. ^_^