Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

Missions update on the map when you complete a mission and when you advance time (by either advancing time at forge towers or dying, as orcs will complete a few missions on the map without your interference). So if you're just wandering around killing orcs and grabbing collectibles for awhile and someone dies in their game, the mission doesn't have the chance to appear until you do one of those 3 things which updates the missions on your map.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-12-2020 at 6:26 AM, PhazePrime said:

There is a lot of misinformation going around about this game. First, people are claiming that the PS3 version has an online trophy, which seems to be false. Also, I've seen people claiming that the DLC needs to have an internet connection to get all trophies for PS3 and PS4 (both versions). This is extending outside of this community as I've heard people in my Xbox gaming groups saying the same thing. Not sure why there is so much confusion but definitely is making this game more stressful than it needs to be. I guess since Mad Max it's hard to trust what WB does with this stuff.

On 7-12-2020 at 8:07 AM, Spacey Dweeb said:

I agree. There's too many conflicting stories, so I'm planning to do it before servers go offline to be safe. 

On 7-12-2020 at 9:39 AM, Okoteiru said:

It's because people keep doubting people...

AFAIK Shadow of Mordor on PS3 has no online component whatsoever (also PS3 has no DLC trophies, dunno where that idea came from)

Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-ps3/guide/

Shadow of Mordor (GOTY) on PS4 only has 1 trophy that require online / servers : Repaid in Blood (Complete a Vendetta Mission.)

Shadow of Mordor (vanilla version) on PS4 only has 1 trophy that require online / servers : Repaid in Blood (Complete a Vendetta Mission.)

DLC "leaderboard" trophies The Hunt is my Mistress & Lord of the Ring are SAFE (please let it be the last time we emphasize on this) you don't have to be online or connected to PSN or anything related to servers for this.

How do I know ? I earned them myself last week while being totally offline, the trophies pop at the end of the trials when you clear all objectives.

THEY ARE NOT ONLINE (maybe xbox works differently buy on PS4 it's confirmed being NOT online)

Source: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1697-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-trophy-guide

and also this thread.

Shadow of War on PS4 which is a different game is also SAFE because, to this date, nothing has been announced regarding its online services whatsoever.

I like to add that the confusion about the DLC trophies being online or not is because on XBOX those achievements do require online.
But on PS4 they don't require online, I tested it as well. The trophy pops before a pop-up that the game can't upload your score.

The source of confusion about the PS3 version having an online trophy is because here on PSNP the PS3 list is linked to the PS4 trophy guide that mentions the online trophy on PS4.

But this online trophy is not part of the PS3 list and the PS3 version also didn't get the DLC's.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bezenko said:

This has been asked and answered 16 times already and multiple times on every page in this thread. Literally the post above yours confirms it, NO, there are no online trophies in the DLC.

??, Thank you good sir.

• Like 3

Just platted this yesterday. To reiterate-- I also confirm that 1) you don't need a WB account for the Vendetta mission to appear. I also see some random usernames (aside from 2 of my friends) that I need to "get revenge for", so --2) You don't really need someone from your friends list that got slaughtered in the game.

• Like 1

Hey, I've asked this in another topic, but have the servers shut down yet? I decided to start this tonight and from what I've looked up, I seem to be pretty close to the end of the first region, but nothing about the Vendetta missions has popped up, and I've seen most people say they should become available sometime around completing the 3rd or 4th story mission.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BacklogGamer964 said:

Hey, I've asked this in another topic, but have the servers shut down yet? I decided to start this tonight and from what I've looked up, I seem to be pretty close to the end of the first region, but nothing about the Vendetta missions has popped up, and I've seen most people say they should become available sometime around completing the 3rd or 4th story mission.

i stand corrected

Edited by wesker-kun

2 hours ago, wesker-kun said:

Look out for the DLC trophies. Two of them (one from each expansion) will also be unobtainable in less than a week

@Manu1950 didnt help at all your answer btw

Still don know if the server shut down will affect the SEQUEL game?

This has been answered 20 times in various threads, maybe put the effort of reading before spreading misinformation.

DLC trophies for Shadow of Mordor won't be affected by shutdown (verified by many people, including me), Shadow of War won't be affected.

Maybe @Guardian_owl could edit main post with all the correct info so that people can have it all in one place?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Okoteiru said:

This has been answered 20 times in various threads, maybe put the effort of reading before spreading misinformation.

DLC trophies for Shadow of Mordor won't be affected by shutdown (verified by many people, including me), Shadow of War won't be affected.

Maybe @Guardian_owl could edit main post with all the correct info so that people can have it all in one place?

what a bitter toxic dude. But at least i got my answer

see ya never again and merry christmas

Edited by wesker-kun
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OnuR10Ly said:

Don't we suppose to change the title of the topic since its proven you can get the trophy when you are offline? People will keep jumping in here and ask if its unobtainable.

Repaid in Blood is only obtainable when playing online, thus the Platinum will become unobtainable once the servers close.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 hours ago, talespagni said:

Hi guys

Is this the thread where we ask people questions already answered about the online trophies for ME:SOM?

Yes, are you going to ask us the question about the DLC trophies being obtainable after the shutdown?

• Like 2