Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

1 hour ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

Yes, are you going to ask us the question about the DLC trophies being obtainable after the shutdown?

Why ask? Obviously they are unachievable when the servers close. Everybody should know. 

WB support had said that in a private mail! Also I read on true achievements that nobody got it while playing online. Jkjk

PS-1 this thread should be updated with a disclaimer.

PS-2  this is a joke since it has been said in this thread about 50 times that it is still achievable offline. 

Edited by Bumperklever

On 12/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, BacklogGamer964 said:

Hey, I've asked this in another topic, but have the servers shut down yet? I decided to start this tonight and from what I've looked up, I seem to be pretty close to the end of the first region, but nothing about the Vendetta missions has popped up, and I've seen most people say they should become available sometime around completing the 3rd or 4th story mission.

Some people said so but it wasn't true. However, one player said that Vendettas should pop up after the second mission on Act II (second map) and indeed they started to show for me on my map.

8 hours ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Some people said so but it wasn't true. However, one player said that Vendettas should pop up after the second mission on Act II (second map) and indeed they started to show for me on my map.

Since there are 2 threads running I mention it here too.

Vendetta's become available when you go up a tier in the Power bar.

Just did it myself on my other account and it gives a messages that Vendetta missions are available.

So if there is no red lock on the 2nd row (with critical strike, last chance finisher, throwing daggers, brutalize, pin in place, stealth drain) you should be able to get Vendetta missions.

9 hours ago, Gray-Fox47 said:

Since there are 2 threads running I mention it here too.

Vendetta's become available when you go up a tier in the Power bar.

Just did it myself on my other account and it gives a messages that Vendetta missions are available.

So if there is no red lock on the 2nd row (with critical strike, last chance finisher, throwing daggers, brutalize, pin in place, stealth drain) you should be able to get Vendetta missions.

Not true. I played doing EVERYfTHING, (all collectables and everything done 1map) and I was pass 3tier of my skills and 75% Attributes, almost 25hrs of gameplay on first map and still NO VENDETTAS. Maybe you have some friends with this game?

Edited by AnGEIHisPANo

4 hours ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Not true. I played doing EVERYfTHING, (all collectables and everything done 1map) and I was pass 3tier of my skills and 75% Attributes, almost 25hrs of gameplay on first map and still NO VENDETTAS. Maybe you have some friends with this game?

Correct I had let myself get killed on my other account to have at least a Vendetta possibility. Still when I went up a tier, I got a message in my screen that Vendetta missions are now available. I off course can't guarantee Vendetta if you have no friends on your friend list that play the game, but that was not my statement, it became available in the 2nd power tier, which also makes sense since red missions seem to be somewhat connected to power.

I played a lot of the game but the variation of red missions only increased when I started to get more power in my power, with Vendetta unlocking at tier 2, granted I had done the first mission of Ratbag so that might be a requirement to, but I don't think so.

Just a heads up.  I think there is a limit to how many Vendetta's you can do ACROSS BOTH GAMES.  I'm guessing it's per day.  

I was playing the vanilla version of the game while GOTY downloaded, and I played vendetta's until no more showed up, just because it's super easy power and XP.  But then when GOTY finished downloading, I moved over to it and Vendetta refuses to spawn.  I have no friends with this game on Playstation but I got my first vendetta after the first gollum mission, like immediately after.  On Xbox both versions I had to go a few missions in.

So yeah, uh, if you are doing this last minute with both versions, only do like, the one you need for the trophy on the first you do, and then move over to the other version of the game and get the trophy there too.

I did notice the same phenomenon on Xbox as well.  It makes sense given signing up for WBPlay on one version of the game will automatically sign you up on the other, so if your user has already met their daily limit of vendetta missions, you can no longer do it on the other because it's the same account to them.  Idk.  At very least it's not a risk worth taking this close to the end.

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 1

So for those confused on unlocking Vendetta Missions still. There's basically two requirements I've found Reforging the Towers and completing Rat Bag's first mission.

After reforging all the towers and completing his first mission I had a Vendetta pop up immediately after. I've seen alot of guides online mention a second area so I'm assuming that means one could get them as early as reforging two towers and doing his mission.

If you still don't have a Vendetta try having someone on your friends list die a few times to captains. Make sure your online obviously to get them.

5 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Just a heads up.  I think there is a limit to how many Vendetta's you can do ACROSS BOTH GAMES.  I'm guessing it's per day.  

To add to this I just started GOTY version tonite I have the same player and same Vendetta mission in both games I noticed when I completed it. Most likely not a daily limit but the missions are actually shared between both versions. This could mean it's actually possible to use up all your Vendetta Missions in one game and have none for the other if so.

• Like 1

Well, from the date I'm posting this, there are only two days left to win the trophy, so I hope to help someone. I had already completed ten missions (half the game) but the vendetta mission only appeared when I added a player from a ps4 community. additionally, before that I was not connected to the game server due to an error, I was able to connect and create a WB account to help with something, a push. only in this way I managed, if you are in trouble you can send me a friend request on psn so I believe that the mission will appear instantly, I think it needs to be someone who recently played to activate, I don't know.

I started this game recently (about a week ago), earned 2 trophies, then realized the risk of starting this game this close to the server shutdown wasn't worth it. I just decided to hide the trophies from my list and move on. I don't usually hide trophies from my list, not even games I know I will never platinum (like NBA 2K19), but this game was just driving me up the wall. Maybe one day I'll give the game another chance and unhide it, but for now I don't want it on my trophy list, and I'm definitely not getting the platinum.

Moral of the story: don't wait until it's almost too late like I did. I started Mad Max 15 days before the shutdown and got the online component done five days before the shutdown, and I thought that was cutting it close. I did end up liking Mad Max, though. I did not like this game, unfortunately.

EDIT: Just got the trophy and made the game visible on my trophy list again. I'm really glad I still had the game installed on a second PS4.

Edited by ElevExplorer64

20 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

...what are you talking about?  You could easily set aside maybe a couple hours today or tomorrow max and get the one online trophy.  Honestly in both vanilla and GOTY if you wanted to within that time.  Please actually bother to look through the thread before making posts like this.  Playstation only has one very easy trophy you can get early on in the game.

Seriously what risk are you talking about?  It's very quick to get the one trophy.

Agreed it's very quick on my second list I got it within about 40 minutes of starting the game.

It just factors more or less into if you have people on your list that have played the game and your connected in the first place to get the missions.

40 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

...what are you talking about?  You could easily set aside maybe a couple hours today or tomorrow max and get the one online trophy.  Honestly in both vanilla and GOTY if you wanted to within that time.  Please actually bother to look through the thread before making posts like this.  Playstation only has one very easy trophy you can get early on in the game.

Seriously what risk are you talking about?  It's very quick to get the one trophy.

Ok, I'll give it one last chance tomorrow. What exactly did you have to do to get a Vendetta mission? I keep seeing conflicting reports on how to get Vendetta missions to spawn. Honestly, I'm blaming myself for this more than anything else; I had two months notice and I waited until the very last minute and got stuck.

1 hour ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Ok, I'll give it one last chance tomorrow. What exactly did you have to do to get a Vendetta mission? I keep seeing conflicting reports on how to get Vendetta missions to spawn. Honestly, I'm blaming myself for this more than anything else; I had two months notice and I waited until the very last minute and got stuck.

You need to complete a couple of main quests first, marked with a yellow color on map. I did 5 of them and the game didn't tell me anything about Vendettas yet, so I've forged one of the high towers by hitting R1 button on top of them. This will speed up the in-game time. I've done it a few times. For some weird reason I got "Vendetta missions are available" text after hitting one of the beehives with a bow. So doing the main quests (3 at least) and spending some time in the game shall let you do Vendettas. It took me around 2 hours since starting the game for the first time to get it.

Additional info:

One of my PSN friends also played the game and this might be another contributing factor - you probably need someone who played Shadow of Mordor and got killed by one of the captains. If a certain captain has a too high level for you (like 19th for example) then it's OK to get killed. After the respawn check the map for another Vendetta mission which will be in another place. Do this as many times as you need until you'll find an easier captain. The one I've killed had 5th lvl of power. Good luck.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Changed the form of the text.

2 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Just got the Vendetta trophy. Is it the only online related trophy or servers closedown will intervene with some of the other trophies as well, like other Vendetta missions? Got the trophy on 1:30 AM / GMT +1 time.

No, no other trophy requires you to have completed a vendetta mission.  The game just generates them like it does any other mission; it just needs a server for vendetta type missions because it bases that off of another player.  So that's the only trophy going away.

Xbox players unfortunately have to deal with two more achievements going away, but it has been repeatedly proven that playstation players can get the two Test trophies (one in each DLC) offline.

2 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

When I did it, I was just very thorough.  Both times I played that way I got it after only three story missions (first slaver, then gollum, then whatever one comes after that).  What I did was just kind of everything.  So like when you first start into the game, you have a hunting challenge and a scavenger challenge.  Literally everything you need for both of those is right at the base of the tower (3 spiders and 2 of the plant you need).  The reason I did this was mainly just to speed things up with upgrades, and those challenges give you a fair amount of upgrades.  I also grabbed all collectables as I did since they're pretty easy to all grab.  I think the last time I did it was on PC just cuz and I did the same thing and vendetta didn't show up until I unlocked all towers.  But yeah the last couple times I did it I only had to do three missions.  I did to like, the digger challenge that appears at the beginning of the game right below the slaver's mission (the icon for the challenge silver with a dagger vs the slaver story mission which is gold with a skull).

So just kind of be like, pretty quick but also thorough, which I know may not be the easiest for a new player but it should be decently easy.

2 hours ago, ArtoriusFrost said:

Is the Trophy NOW unattainable? I was going to start now, but it seems I may have already been too LATE. R.I.P. 100% Platinum. :( 

Vendetta missions are still appearing at time of this post. (Gmt -6 at 0500 on 31st.)

Start the game, do the prologue, do the "Enter Mordor" mission, then do "Spirit of Mordor". They showed up for me after these 3 missions. I dont know of any of this gets them to appear, but along the way i forged 3 towers, and gained enough power points to open the second tier of abilities. I also did the mind melt gain intel thing on about 5 or 6 orcs. Thats it. Maybe 2 or 3 hours depending how fast you get the game mechanics down. 

The first two missions were from my friends list but the third was a random player. And to the 3 randoms that avenged my death, glad ya got your trophies. 

Edited by MarkItZeroSmoky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkItZeroSmoky said:

Vendetta missions are still appearing at time of this post. (Gmt -6 at 0500 on 31st.)

Start the game, do the prologue, do the "Enter Mordor" mission, then do "Spirit of Mordor". They showed up for me after these 3 missions. I dont know of any of this gets them to appear, but along the way i forged 3 towers, and gained enough power points to open the second tier of abilities. I also did the mind melt gain intel thing on about 5 or 6 orcs. Thats it. Maybe 2 or 3 hours depending how fast you get the game mechanics down. 

The first two missions were from my friends list but the third was a random player. And to the 3 randoms that avenged my death, glad ya got your trophies. 

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately not so don't dawdle if you haven't got the online trophy yet.

Are you sure it's down? 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
No boosting allowed, create a gaming session.