Server Closed - Offline Method to Unlock REPAID IN BLOOD trophy in Ver. 1.05

17 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

That implies that developers consider trophies as "content" which I highly doubt they do lol.

The missions themselves are technically content and you won't be able to do them anymore. But I do get what you mean, trophies aren't a priority for devs most the time

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DarkTsillah said:

Are the servers down today? Mine says cant connect to servers when check leaderboards and when you press option in gsme it says cannot connect onli e. But i saw a couple of players earned it today wth???

[edit] Oh wait, end of December, not end of October, oops.

Edited by enaysoft

On 01/11/2020 at 1:23 AM, Guardian_owl said:

This was mentioned in the vanilla game forum, but it also applies to the GOTY edition which has a separate trophy list (the only version it doesn't apply to is the PS3 version which does not have the nemesis system). The server will be going down on 12/31/20. This will remove the ability to do Vendetta missions, completing one is required for the trophy :bronze: Repaid in Blood. Whenever a person on your friends list or a random player is killed by a captain, A vendetta mission can spawn. This has you hunt down and kill that enemy.

This can be done very early in game, 1-1.5 hours max to complete from start.

As soon as you finish the tutorial and get spit out into the open world map, traverse the various dark areas of the map and reforge towers to make more areas of the map visible. Once you have reforged several towers, do one of the main missions. I did the one installing an ally as an Orc Captain. This unlocked various new mission types on the visible map, including Vendetta missions. One spawned immediately for me. Start the mission and patrol the area marked in green on your map. Enter Wraith mode with :l1: and look for red enemies, those are the Captains. Press :r3: to identify any unknown Captains. Once you identify the target of your mission, it will paint that captain and identify its weaknesses and strengths, pay attention to them. Kill the enemy and the mission will complete and the trophy will pop. If you die during a vendetta mission, you fail, it disappears from the map, and you will have to wait for another mission to appear.

I played more than 2 hours and still no vendetta missions available. Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to be connected to WB or something?

2 hours ago, danielvella said:

I played more than 2 hours and still no vendetta missions available. Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to be connected to WB or something?

Do you have people on your friends list that played the game?

I think that might help as someone on my friends list was who i had to avenge.

This is ridiculous. This a a purely single player experience that they just ruined the platinum too. I’m glad to have recently just finished up my platinum to this but again I know this news will go under the radar for most that haven’t played it yet and realize it when it’s too late. They really need to just start changing trophy requirements when it comes to games like this. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, danielvella said:

Did you do the main mission where you install an Orc as Captain? Did you unlock every forge tower available so you have maximum view of the map? (as I don't think you can see missions that pop up on dark portions of the map). You don't have to be connected to WB play for the mission to spawn.

If you aren't having any luck having random killed people vendetta missions show up and/or your friends aren't playing it after a few more hours, you can create a second PSN account (if you don't already have one), friend it, then start the game on it and let yourself get killed several times (just make sure those that killed you become captains). Then switch back over to your main account and see if you get a vendetta mission to avenge your other account.

Edited by Guardian_owl

On 11/2/2020 at 10:53 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Did you do the main mission where you install an Orc as Captain? Did you unlock every forge tower available so you have maximum view of the map? (as I don't think you can see missions that pop up on dark portions of the map). You don't have to be connected to WB play for the mission to spawn.

If you aren't having any luck having random killed people vendetta missions show up and/or your friends aren't playing it after a few more hours, you can create a second PSN account (if you don't already have one), friend it, then start the game on it and let yourself get killed several times (just make sure those that killed you become captains). Then switch back over to your main account and see if you get a vendetta mission to avenge your other account.

I completed the tutorial section, completed a main mission, unlocked every forge tower available, logged into an alternate to do the same thing and let myself get killed several times. I logged right back into my main and still nothing has popped up. I can’t figure out what it is I am doing wrong.

I’m playing the original version of the game, not the goty and I have my alt account friended. 

EDIT: i just kept playing and eventually a vendetta mission showed up. Nvm 

Edited by Plague_Dominate

Hey All

Just booted this game up upon hearing Repaid in Blood will soon become unobtainable.

I followed the advice here, activated all of the forge towers and completed 2 story missions, at which point Vendetta Missions began spawning on my map.

I didn't get a prompt for them, but I brought up my Map and used R1 to bring up the legend and sure enough I had one.

Glad to have this done, but for anyone worried about missing it, it truly should only take about 90 minutes max.

Goodluck and grab it while you can :) 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

I followed the advice here, activated all of the forge towers and completed 2 story missions, at which point Vendetta Missions began spawning on my map.

Probably because more people are playing this game now, as opposed to just a few months ago when I was playing it.

• Like 1

I just got the trophy, it's super super easy. No need for a WB account or boosting sessions. At least 4 vendetta missions spawned on the map from folks who weren't on my friends list after the first couple of story missions. The game also gave a notification to say these missions were now on the map.

• Like 1