No Escaping Fate *Problem*

Anyone else having trouble with this? I picked up the gun, everyone made it to the ruin. Mary was found guilty and everyone except Andrew died in the house afterwards. In the epilogue he shot himself with the pistol. That just got me the trophy for everyone dying, but not everyone dying at the ruin. In another playthrough i didn't pick up the gun and did the rest the same way, so andrew was the only survivor of the group. That didn't trigger the trophy either.

Any tips or is it possibly glitched?

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

Anyone else having trouble with this? I picked up the gun, everyone made it to the ruin. Mary was found guilty and everyone except Andrew died in the house afterwards. In the epilogue he shot himself with the pistol. That just got me the trophy for everyone dying, but not everyone dying at the ruin. In another playthrough i didn't pick up the gun and did the rest the same way, so andrew was the only survivor of the group. That didn't trigger the trophy either.

Any tips or is it possibly glitched?

The point here i think is not have a gun, then kill all, but be friendly with Vince so the police wont take you..

• Like 1

Spoiler

I haven't gotten it either yet, but I'm wondering if it requires you to have all of them die from the trait-based deaths (not the condemning). So say nothing or choose the selfish option during the fights so that their trait locks aren't resolved.

35 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Did you play only or solo? Maybe this effects the trophy. We played online and didn't get it. Is here anyone who got in shared story mode?

I did, on the post right above yours :)

19 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I am trying to get this trophy right now. started a new playtrough for that. I think you cant pick up the gun, be polite to Vince and let everbody die in the house by putting the blame on Mary.

Lets see if that works.

Picking up the gun is fine, John's only interaction with Vince is in the bar (the church one is all Andrew), the trophy is unlockable quite a bit before the finale (at least in shared story mode).

Ok i can 100% confirm that this trophy works in shared coop. Unlocks after the house of ashes teaser just like all other ending trophies. THE KEY TO THE ENDING ARE THE TRAITS. Every character must act fearful or at least not brave or heroic. You can burn mary at the trial but won't get the trophy if they aren't, but you can burn mary and get the trophy, if the characters have the mentioned traits. @duck360's guide is a good reference for that.

Edited by westersburg

The linked guide did not work for me :(

I had the first two decisions correct by accident when I found the guide. Did all as described, no trophy. There must be another requirement... 

I think I am done with the game for a while. i am only missing three trophies: this one, the odd couple and rational mind. I going to wait for some tropy guide.

12 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

The linked guide did not work for me :(

I had the first two decisions correct by accident when I found the guide. Did all as described, no trophy. There must be another requirement... 

I think I am done with the game for a while. i am only missing three trophies: this one, the odd couple and rational mind. I going to wait for some tropy guide.

I just followed the guide - did an all heads run up (on Theatrical Movie Night) to the point where Taylor (I had the burned version if that matters, but I highly doubt this matters) had to ask for help from Daniel when she was being pulled away. I did an all heads run except for the few hearts choices as described in the guide. 

In the house, I chose to burn the poppet (Literally had Andrew suggest to burn it). After the story, the ending I had was that Anthony had the gun, but did not shoot himself because the present-day Mary told puts her hand on his shoulder. This failed to pop the trophy.

I then replayed and convicted Carver. The trophy didnt pop there either. 

I'm not 100% sure if there are some other small triggers here or there in terms of you can't have a particular ending or not. The only one I chose to avoid is the 'bad ending' where Mary is burned at the stake as I think that causes everyone to die no matter what - you need to get them to die because of their traits as westersburg said in his post.

Not sure if it matters: I did not pick up the gun, was nice to Vince, did not interact with the poppet at all and burned Mary. At the end everybody died in the house except for Andrew, he sat with the popped in his hand (where did he get it?) at the door. That also unlocked the secret Nr 10 for me. Also I tried to answer all choices in a good way, to get the character specific trophies.

37 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Not sure if it matters: I did not pick up the gun, was nice to Vince, did not interact with the poppet at all and burned Mary. At the end everybody died in the house except for Andrew, he sat with the popped in his hand (where did he get it?) at the door. That also unlocked the secret Nr 10 for me. Also I tried to answer all choices in a good way, to get the character specific trophies.

I'm gonna try having everyone just be complete assholes to each other and doing in on solo story with Curators Cut (since I need that anyway - I'll let you all know it works)

1 hour ago, Ranari_Kai said:

According to the unlocked bonus comic, he always had the poppet in his pocket.

Just got it on Solo Story in Theater, it's actually quite easy, several things. Just make sure when each of the 4 get attacked by their double, each person needs to ask for help, not tell the other to run, then complete the QTE's to have them survive to the end. Final flashback scene, condemn Mary, first I tried burning the doll, but that didn't work, also I had Andrew have the gun. Last, I was nice to the Stranger, but I don't know if that matters. So all 5 characters have to die at the house, Trophy pops after the preview for House Of Ashes.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nitemares----- said:

Just got it on Solo Story, it's actually quite easy, several things. Just make sure when each of the 4 get attacked by their double, each person needs to ask for help, not tell the other to run, then complete the QTE's to have them survive to the end. Final flashback scene, condemn Mary, first I tried burning the doll, but that didn't work, also I had Andrew have the gun. Last, I was nice to the Stranger, but I don't know if that matters. So all 5 characters have to die at the house, Trophy pops after the preview for House Of Ashes.

Do you know if you did Theatrical or Curator mode?

2 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Just got it on Solo Story, it's actually quite easy, several things. Just make sure when each of the 4 get attacked by their double, each person needs to ask for help, not tell the other to run, then complete the QTE's to have them survive to the end. Final flashback scene, condemn Mary, first I tried burning the doll, but that didn't work, also I had Andrew have the gun. Last, I was nice to the Stranger, but I don't know if that matters. So all 5 characters have to die at the house, Trophy pops after the preview for House Of Ashes.

Just to add onto this. Having the gun with bullets and being nice to Vince is necessary. That way after the other 4 die Andrew will also die.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A2Fast_2Furious said:

Just to add onto this. Having the gun with bullets and being nice to Vince is necessary. That way after the other 4 die Andrew will also die.

3 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Yeah these are both accurate - looks like Andrew has to kill himself at the end for any of this to work - stupid me trying everything but that lol - Appreciate the help!

• Like 2

Sounds interesting. I've still got a movie night save which meets these requirements. I  need to start from Angelas second encounter with her demon. Lets try it out.

Also I am sure that you have to be nice to Vince. If you are not, he calls the cops on you. That would lead to "A fate worse than death".

Going off of a guide that's been accurate so far for everything else, these are the requirements: 

Angela: The second time Angela's demon attacks her and tries to pull her into the sewer, you must successfully complete the QTEs to have John and Andrew help you. Then at thw ruined house, you must leave John to fight his demon by himself and make sure to save her as John anyway so she can die in the house later.

Taylor: After running from the church and the first vision of Abraham, she gots taken into the field and Daniel chases her. Daniel has to follow the "sound" not the movement/figure. Then Taylor has to ask for Daniel's help and for him to stay with her. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Daniel: When in the Mill, grab the pole that Andrew has and complete the QTEs. Tell Andrew you need help escaping the hole, and they'll both end up inside. Complete the QTEs to survive.

John: When you escape the demons and enter the ruined house, ask Andrew for help holding the door. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Andrew: There's only one way Andrew dies. Early on in a shack, you have to complete the heartbeat QTE to find the gun, and choose to keep it. Don't shoot the gun except for the one encounter saving either Daniel or Taylor. You also cannot shoot at Vince outside the church or else he calls the cops on you at the end of the game and Andrew gets arrested. Once you get to the end and kill Mary along with everyone else with your gun still having bullets, Vince will come and leave you with your inner demons, and Andrew shoots himself. 

EDIT: can confirm this is the correct method as I have gotten the trophy this way.

Edited by A2Fast_2Furious
  • Like 2