Worst DLC of all time

So after another crash in the Crashy (Last ***** Underdome level i need) i decided to create a thread purely for ranting.

I played this game long enough and i want to finaly delete it from my PS4

BUT since it is impossible to 100% that may never happen.

So, little question: how many waves did you beat untill now? 375?

I am at ~640 and got at least another 100 to go (more Like 1000)

The Underdome DLC is by far the worst i have ever seen in a videogame. The needlessy long rounds are not an issiue, however having to restart EVERY TIME is.

Can you relate? Let me know. Maybe somebody had even more crashes than me (i doubt it XD)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

My vote goes towards the Dunwall City Trials DLC for Dishonored.

There goes any motivation i had to start Dishonored ?

5 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

I did more or less as suggested in the following thread and had no crashes:

Maybe try it if you haven't.

And yeah, it's an awful DLC. One of the most boring grinds I've went through.

I Kind of did that (incinerated a large Portion of Enemies) yet in round 19/20 i can't even look away from a wall without the game comiting Sudoku.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 7:45 AM, Desomorphin said:

It doesn't save any Progress.

Crash at 20/20 means back to 1/20

I did it on the PS3 easily but the PS4 version has performance problems it seems

What i did was after every 5 rounds, i used to make both characters face a wall where no dead bodies are visible and left it for 5 mins so that it despawns, what i heard was when there are too many objects on screen causes a memory leak and causes the game to crash

• Like 2

On 14.11.2020 at 10:29 AM, denrit23 said:

What i did was after every 5 rounds, i used to make both characters face a wall where no dead bodies are visible and left it for 5 mins so that it despawns, what i heard was when there are too many objects on screen causes a memory leak and causes the game to crash

Jup, the Problem was that i first tried the low level character trick but when Enemies die with that much Overkill damage they explode. Then the bodyparts will never despawn, thus crashing the game.

So i just used the Firehawk and burned everything to clear the area.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16.11.2020 at 9:08 PM, Desomorphin said:

Jup, the Problem was that i first tried the low level character trick but when Enemies die with that much Overkill damage they explode. Then the bodyparts will never despawn, thus crashing the game.

This was also my problem - I used modded weapons from my imported char from PS3. Solving this problem is to use "normal" weapons (I did it now with weapons from crawmerax), or you wait every 6-7 rounds in a corner (not paused game) for maybe 15 to 30 minutes so the bodyparts have time to despawn.

Edited by Porky-TheBeast

• 1 month later...

Got carried through all 3 Arenas by 64lvl guy (bless you, muh man). Worst DLC I've played to date.

Funny thing, he crashed 2 out of 3 times around the same time (Round 17-19) but I was always there to reinvite despite being the host. We felt zero need to wait for bodyparts to despawn. The trick with overpowered boosting partner(s) + fire/corrosive weapons + me hiding in safespots for the last 4 rounds (just in case) worked just fine. Don't be afraid to die as well: penalty box looks like a welcome change of scenery after hours of tedious running around:D 

P.S. Dropped my plans to help another rookie in the future like someone helped me. At least for now. Too much dead brain cells left behind to care

• Like 1

Agreed, it’s utter trash. I was fortunate enough to only have one crash on one of the Underdomes. The worst part is that Gearbox just won’t fix their fucking game. So much stress could be avoided if it just worked. It won’t make it a good DLC, but at least people won’t waste three hours only to crash on the final round. 

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985

On 11/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, Desomorphin said:

There goes any motivation i had to start Dishonored 1f601.png

I Kind of did that (incinerated a large Portion of Enemies) yet in round 19/20 i can't even look away from a wall without the game comiting Sudoku.

You’re really gonna avoid playing an amazing game like Dishonored just because of a few DLC trophies? Man, people that play games based on trophies are saddening. 

• Like 3

On 02/11/2020 at 2:15 AM, Desomorphin said:

It doesn't save any Progress.

Crash at 20/20 means back to 1/20

I did it on the PS3 easily but the PS4 version has performance problems it seems

Dude you've put yourself through playing this trash twice?!!! I finished it on the PS3 years ago and swore to never ever do it again. Your either crazy or CRAZY ?

• Like 1