[POLL] Platinum Difficulty

Platinum Difficulty  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Platinum difficulty is?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx said:

7.5/10. I find Crash 4's platinum would be harder as the first Crash game.

Unfortunately the trophy guides only allow for whole numbers (i.e. no 0.5 increments) for the difficulty rating.

I see you haven't played the game, I can assure you after getting the Platinum, that the Crash 1 Platinum is easy compared to the Crash 4 Platinum. 

17 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Unfortunately the trophy guides only allow for whole numbers (i.e. no 0.5 increments) for the difficulty rating.

I see you haven't played the game, I can assure you after getting the Platinum, that the Crash 1 Platinum is easy compared to the Crash 4 Platinum. 

I have played the demo version of N Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing while I went to Walmart last year. I'll try to plat the Crash games aside from 4.

Edited by x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

See Hard. You don't listen lol.

I'll say it once more. The reason I say it's 9/10 because your not dealing with just 106% ending of that, but also dealing with Perfect relics without dying and same applies getting flashback tapes at midway point without dying, doing flashback stages, getting all platinum relics, normal stages with gems and n verted gems, color gems counts as well.

14 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

See Hard. You don't listen lol.

I'll say it once more. The reason I say it's 9/10 because your not dealing with just 106% ending of that, but also dealing with Perfect relics without dying and same applies getting flashback tapes at midway point without dying, doing flashback stages, getting all platinum relics, normal stages with gems and n verted gems, color gems counts as well.

"You don't listen"? I'm setting up a community poll to see what the consensus is, if the majority vote for a 9/10 then I'll happily change it.

I've earned the Platinum so I know exactly what the requirements are and how difficult some of them are to achieve (hence why I wrote the guide), so you don't need to list them for me. Keep working on getting the Plat yourself, champ. You'll get there one day. 

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Crash trilogy is much easier. 9/10 for me. 

1 hour ago, johnclark12 said:

My vote is 9. I got the plat for every other Crash game and this is by far the hardest. Not even close.

That's fair, I felt the same way about the comparison to the rest of the Crash games. However, seeing some of the games that are listed as 8/10 on this site makes it a bit inconsistent for me to call this a 9/10 difficulty game. It's a fair difficulty in my opinion and I personally would have gone 8.5/10 if the site had the option, but had to settle on 8/10 as I deemed 9/10 to be a touch too high. 
I appreciate your input though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

It's hard to rate something a 8/9 and I appreciate the time your putting in.

If I look at the games I play which include usually Triple A titles, indie games and soul games something like this is just a huge spike in difficulty that's why I would rate it a 9.

I usually rate games with the following table :)

1 / 10 - My name is mayo. afk games. Zero effort not even looking at the screen and you'll get the plat

2 / 10 - Trash plats <1hour stuff

3 4 5 / 10 - Usually AAA games. Great examples would be God of war, spiderman, death stranding, Horizon zero dawn

6 / 10 - Games that usually need a second playthrough on high difficulty. Great example would be Crushing on Uncharted. It's not that hard just bs annoying. Anyone can do it with the 100s of tips online.

7 8 / 10 - Souls game. I wouldn't rate these higher as you can grind a bunch of levels and glitch most of these games

9 / 10 - Games like crash :D

10 / 10 - SMB, Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread, Crypt of the necrodancer.

That's a cool breakdown, I like it! 

Interesting about the Uncharted series, I agree and would put them at a 5-6 purely because of the second playthrough on Crushing but the guides here rate them at a 4/10. That's the sort of inconsistency I see here on this site, but it's all subjective to the player at the end of the day. For example the Crash 4 Plat can range anywhere from 7/10 to 10/10 depending on the player, so I saw 8/10 (and personally what I thought of it after finishing it) a fair middle ground score for the average player. We'll see what the poll says after some more votes! 

• Like 1

I voted 9, but I could easily see this as a 10/10.

When I went through it, it felt like the hardest game I played this generation, and while I think it was, I will lower my rating to a 9 cause I do think it is perfectly doable, but takes a tremendous amount of time (I did it in 160 hrs) and patience.

However, based on the fact I am seeing people doing it in the 70-80 hr range, I think I may just suck at time trials.

10 hours ago, eOhmz said:

I got the plats for CTR and the N. Sane Trilogy. I am working my way through the plat for this game. So far, and I still have a lot left to do, I think it is a 9/10.

8 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I voted 9, but I could easily see this as a 10/10.

When I went through it, it felt like the hardest game I played this generation, and while I think it was, I will lower my rating to a 9 cause I do think it is perfectly doable, but takes a tremendous amount of time (I did it in 160 hrs) and patience.

However, based on the fact I am seeing people doing it in the 70-80 hr range, I think I may just suck at time trials.

59 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Agree on the 9/10. I got the plat for the original trilogy, crash 4 and ctr. Crash 4 makes the other ones look like cake walks.

Thanks for your inputs.

Personally I and a few others see this as an 8 but it's interesting to see how many people rate this as a 9. Without the N. Sanely Perfect Relics and Platinum Time Trials it's only just slightly more difficult than the trilogy, albeit with more grinding. 

@sepheroithisgod Won't make sense for this to be a 10/10, considering the likes of games that are a 10/10 (Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein 2, etc.), but as mentioned in the guide, everyone will have varying degrees of difficulty and time to complete based on their experience with platformers. 

Edited by coldhardcrash_
  • Like 1

I platinumed the whole N. Sane Trilogy and CTR. In Crash 4 im only missing the trophy for the time trials. I also played other games considered to be "hard" like the Soulsborne franchise.

This game is another level in comparison to it's predecessors and in my opinion it is definitely a 9/10.

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

I platinumed the whole N. Sane Trilogy and CTR. In Crash 4 im only missing the trophy for the time trials. I also played other games considered to be "hard" like the Soulsborne franchise.

This game is another level in comparison to it's predecessors and in my opinion it is definitely a 9/10.

I've already changed the trophy guide Platinum difficulty to a 9/10 earlier today due to the consensus of this poll. 

• Like 1

I don't want to be disrespectful here, but this topic is laughable (in a sad way, otherwise I'd just ignore it).

First of all, people shouldn't even compare this game to the original trilogy (or a Kart game like CTR, it's like comparing Sonic Transformed to a platform game).

1. None of the original games demand a Platinum Relic -_- this obligation alone would make most people give up the platinum very early. 

2. None of them also demands any run breaking all crates with a few number of deaths. Levels are longer, but it allows players to fail time to time.

Just by looking at the trophy list, the requirements for some trophies are harder then anything we saw in the Original trilogy. So, what's the point of comparing difficulties without any similar requirements?

Finally, why creating a poll? I mean: what's the big deal about being a 8 or a 9? It's just one number difference, it's not a debate about you giving a 5 to a game that is a 8. Or giving a 8 for a game that is a 3 :D this is your personal opinion, you don't have to change it or make a big deal about it when your first score is exactly or close to the overall difficulty.

I really doubt someone would be like "OMG, this is a 9/10, I was expecting a 8 :o now I'll never get my platinum" ?

14 minutes ago, HusKy said:

OP is the guide author here at PSNP and he wanted to provide difficulty number based on community opinion.

Yes, I noticed he's the author of the guide (as I also mentioned in my comment). But he could open more options to rate the game, not only enforce the 8 and 9, like others don't matter. If I wanted to rate a 7 (and I saw a lot of people giving this score in the trophy guide comments and other sites) I had to vote in the same section someone thinks it's a 10 and the same player that rated it a 4 in the comments. 

This is just a poll about only two rates, one consecutive of the other, that's why I don't think it makes any difference... 

Edited by TurtlePM

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

I don't want to be disrespectful here, but this topic is laughable (in a sad way, otherwise I'd just ignore it).

First of all, people shouldn't even compare this game to the original trilogy (or a Kart game like CTR, it's like comparing Sonic Transformed to a platform game).

1. None of the original games demand a Platinum Relic -_- this obligation alone would make most people give up the platinum very early. 

2. None of them also demands any run breaking all crates with a few number of deaths. Levels are longer, but it allows players to fail time to time.

Just by looking at the trophy list, the requirements for some trophies are harder then anything we saw in the Original trilogy. So, what's the point of comparing difficulties without any similar requirements?

Finally, why creating a poll? I mean: what's the big deal about being a 8 or a 9? It's just one number difference, it's not a debate about you giving a 5 to a game that is a 8. Or giving a 8 for a game that is a 3 :D this is your personal opinion, you don't have to change it or make a big deal about it when your first score is exactly or close to the overall difficulty.

I really doubt someone would be like "OMG, this is a 9/10, I was expecting a 8 :o now I'll never get my platinum" 1f605.png

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I originally had it as an 8 but the silly amount of comments I was getting (and the private messages) about changing it from an 8 to a 9 because I'm apparently deeming it as easier than it is was laughable. A few people seemed to disregard everything else and focus on that all important Plat difficulty, which apparently means a lot. 

So I took the democratic route and ended up changing the guide's difficulty rating based on the results of this poll. 

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Yes, I noticed he's the author of the guide (as I also mentioned in my comment). But he could open more options to rate the game, not only enforce the 8 and 9, like others don't matter. If I wanted to rate a 7 (and I saw a lot of people giving this score in the trophy guide comments and other sites) I had to vote in the same section someone thinks it's a 10 and the same player that rated it a 4 in the comments. 

This is just a poll about only two rates, one consecutive of the other, that's why I don't think it makes any difference... 

As for this, the main two difficulties being discussed were an 8 or 9, hence the poll focusing on these two figures, and the "Other" option being available for anyone that thought otherwise (and judging from the votes, very few people seem to think it's different from an 8 or 9).

@HusKy Is there a way to close polls? As it's no longer required considering the Plat difficulty has now been changed on the guide. 

• Like 1