Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steelsammy

Devil May Cry HD Collection

15 posts in this topic

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/17/devil-may-cry-hd-collection-announced.aspx

Capcom today confirm plans to release a Devil May Cry HD Collection for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 early next year

The collection includes Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition for $39.99.

The games will support widescreen , trophies and achievements and bonus content.

This mean anything to anyone? I never played DMC.

Ok. Good. Early next year.

I was about to freak out - I already have a hard enough time trying to choose between Ace Combat and Skyrim.

Bout damn time they confirm it. This, along with the MGS collection, are must buys for myself.

In other news: YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Interesting, haven't been interested in DMC until i saw gameplay from the new game coming out soon. Might have to follow this one up and see what it looks like :)

These HD collections must be a godsend to people who loved the PS2 era... they don't really do that much for me personally. The only HD collection I have any interest in is the Team ICO collection and even for $40 (or less if I buy online) I'm leaning towards no.

It doesn't help though I'd only have a week or two to play them before becoming completely distracted with Uncharted 3 and then Skyrim lol.

EDIT: Oh, and Final Fantasy 10 if/when a HD release comes out. I'll be all over that.

These HD collections must be a godsend to people who loved the PS2 era... they don't really do that much for me personally. The only HD collection I have any interest in is the Team ICO collection and even for $40 (or less if I buy online) I'm leaning towards no.

It doesn't help though I'd only have a week or two to play them before becoming completely distracted with Uncharted 3 and then Skyrim lol.

EDIT: Oh, and Final Fantasy 10 if/when a HD release comes out. I'll be all over that.

Yeah, the Collections help those that couldn't really afford many games, or were too young to play most games in the PS2 era.

Yeah, the Collections help those that couldn't really afford many games, or were too young to play most games in the PS2 era.

Or those, like myself, who loved the PS2 games, but couldn't get a Backwards Compatible PS3.

:holy: DMC HD Collection..... :holy: :holy: Early next year..... :holy: :holy: :holy: It's only $40...... :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: ITS FUCKING DEVIL MAY CRY!

....i think for a cool addition, they should also offer a separate $10 download for the OG DMC3...you know, the one that almost NO-ONE was able to beat THE FIRST BOSS in? yea, that one....let's see how GoW and Dark Souls stand up to that kind of difficulty :P

they should also offer a separate $10 download for the OG DMC3...

What does the OG stand for?

What does the OG stand for?

The Original Game....I didnt get to play it, but basically, the original US version of DMC 3 was SO HARD, they had to re-release it..hence the "DMC 3 Special Edition"....the game on normal was as hard as Hard mode on the japan version, and our hard was Dante Must Die mode in Japan...so OUR DMD was just insanity im guessing

Edited by CodeNameMclovin

The Original Game....I didnt get to play it, but basically, the original US version of DMC 3 was SO HARD, they had to re-release it..hence the "DMC 3 Collector's Edition"....the game on normal was as hard as Dante Must Die mode on the japan version (feel free to correct this, i KNOW im wrong, but i wanted to give it a guess)

Essentially, what they did was switch up our Difficulties.

Normal = Hard [Japan], Hard was DMD, etc. When they released the "Special Edition", they set the difficulties back to their Japanese defaults. I think Easy Auto was Easy Auto across the board, though.

It was kind of hilarious, as this was around the time people were complaining that "our [uS] games are too easy" - DMC 3 comes along "OMG IT'S TOO HARD, B'AWWWW"

:holy: DMC HD Collection..... :holy: :holy: Early next year..... :holy: :holy: :holy: It's only $40...... :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy: ITS FUCKING DEVIL MAY CRY!

....i think for a cool addition, they should also offer a separate $10 download for the OG DMC3...you know, the one that almost NO-ONE was able to beat THE FIRST BOSS in? yea, that one....let's see how GoW and Dark Souls stand up to that kind of difficulty :P

I think Dark Souls can still stand tall to that one.

thanks fox, i fixed the post so i dont piss people off...and as for Dark Souls, DMC 3 wasnt a "fair challenge" kinda game..like i said, just about everyone who played it gave up at the first boss, because he was so impossible to beat...the Dark Souls bosses just take learning, the DMC 3 bosses take much more as far as ive seen.... Of course there is no way to test, i think it's impossible to find the original copy of DMC 3 for a decent price today

thanks fox, i fixed the post so i dont piss people off...and as for Dark Souls, DMC 3 wasnt a "fair challenge" kinda game..like i said, just about everyone who played it gave up at the first boss, because he was so impossible to beat...the Dark Souls bosses just take learning, the DMC 3 bosses take much more as far as ive seen.... Of course there is no way to test, i think it's impossible to find the original copy of DMC 3 for a decent price today

To the Youtube, Code. If someone's done it, it's on the internet.

IO just read about the DMC HD collection on another gaming site, and this is one I will definitely be looking into. Maybe not on the day it releases as my wallet is already gonna' get brutalized the next few weeks & months; but I did enjoy DMC, and look forward to this one for sure.