Glitch Ranked Room 1 player splitscreen

Rick_Sanchez

Air to ground should be Air to vehicle but I'll have to double check that. I know there's no way to check Air to troop.

I also updated the guide to be a little more detailed.

I have another question along similar lines. How do I know about what I've done for the Zones medals? There's Reductions, Expansions, Neutralises, Captures and Defends. But when I go into the stats for the Zones mode, I get confused about what's what.

Do Assists count toward the totals?

Do you add up the Lv2 stats to the Lv3 stats?

If I add up Lv2 Captures and Lv3 Captures, why is the Captures total on the left different?

It's all so confusing.... Can anyone straighten this out?

Also, is there an efficient 2 player boosting method for the Zones medals?

I have another question along similar lines. How do I know about what I've done for the Zones medals? There's Reductions, Expansions, Neutralises, Captures and Defends. But when I go into the stats for the Zones mode, I get confused about what's what.

Do Assists count toward the totals?

Do you add up the Lv2 stats to the Lv3 stats?

If I add up Lv2 Captures and Lv3 Captures, why is the Captures total on the left different?

It's all so confusing.... Can anyone straighten this out?

Also, is there an efficient 2 player boosting method for the Zones medals?

I know that assist don't count

you do count level 2 and 3 stats

I think it counts caps for other things as well. not sure what.

You can get two people on warhawks, go to a zone area, have one get out of warhawk and then once it's captured to at least level 2, get back in warhawk and have the other player get out of their warhawk to cap it to their level 2. Then repeat till you have things done.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the guide to be a little more detailed and corrected a serious error on when and where to do the O, X, left on dpad step.

Can you please clarify the original post for me? You have at the very beginning "When you're making the glitch room, set the number of players to two and to start the game set it to one player, then you must insert password, I also suggest changing the name of the room to something else. After that set it up so you can have split screen active and fly with objective active.", and then immediately proceeding that you talk about "If you have everything you wan't set up for your room (game mode, map, etc) highlight ranked room on the first tab and press X, O, LEFT on the d-pad at the same time. If it worked, you will be taken to the farthest right screen to start the game (but don't do this yet.) Then press RIGHT LEFT on the D-Pad and start your game. This will set the room to ranked but keep your room at 1 player min to start and two players max. After the game starts, press start on a second controller so no one can join.". I'm confused on the setup stage for this to work. Thanks in advance!

Can you please clarify the original post for me? You have at the very beginning "When you're making the glitch room, set the number of players to two and to start the game set it to one player, then you must insert password, I also suggest changing the name of the room to something else. After that set it up so you can have split screen active and fly with objective active.", and then immediately proceeding that you talk about "If you have everything you wan't set up for your room (game mode, map, etc) highlight ranked room on the first tab and press X, O, LEFT on the d-pad at the same time. If it worked, you will be taken to the farthest right screen to start the game (but don't do this yet.) Then press RIGHT LEFT on the D-Pad and start your game. This will set the room to ranked but keep your room at 1 player min to start and two players max. After the game starts, press start on a second controller so no one can join.". I'm confused on the setup stage for this to work. Thanks in advance!

Yup everything you said is correct for the glitch to work.

You can choose any map or game mode you wish to play and time limit.

Only thing that matters is setting a password and doin the X,O, left at the same time.

On a side note unrelated to your question I just answered.

Problems that happen very often when doin this glitch. (happens more often than i'd like to admit) Only affects when using 1 PS3 split screen.

1. Network Error, Happens at the end of a match and will dump that games stats. You lose all kills and badges/ medals that were earned in game

2. Posting stats, Game will freeze after a game and again all stats will be lost

3.Checking profile, After finishing a match(s) you go to check you profile. The game will freeze while updating stats. Nothing will be lost. You just have to restart the game.

When using 2 PS3's I also ran into a problem.

Ill earn a badge in game, it pops up on my screen and ill go check my profile and the badge will not be there. Ive waited a day to come back and check it and still not there even though my stats will say 1000+ kills for X weapon. Solution was to do the IAR requirement and the badge popped up for the 2nd time and finally recorded it in my stats.

Hope everyone can work around these issues. I know its very very frustrating to keep having any of these problems.

Good luck to everyone

Edited by weeztha

Here's a little checklist of everything I still have to do. I'm getting ever closer.

:platinum: Warhawk Platinum Progress  :platinum: 

Rank Points: 78,988/275,000

Current Rank - Commander

Badges: 69/81

Warhawk Level: 15/27

Munitions - 7/16 Warhawk Level Weapon Badges

Air to Vehicle - 771/5000

Turret - 289/1000

Lightning Gun - 414/1000

TOW Missile - 568/1000

Swarm Missile - 510/2000

Homing Missile - 460/1000

Cluster Bomb - 369/1000

Flamethrower - 438/1000

Rocket Launcher - 429/1000

Land Mine - 483/1000

Binoculars - 513/1000

Medals: 19/23

Zone Offence

Neutralises/Reductions - 189/173=362/1000

Captures - 278/1000

Air Combat

Hours in Aircraft (hr/mn/sc) - 37:39:34/50:00:00

Exemplary Air Combat

Air to Air Kills Done/1000

REQUIRES AIR COMBAT MEDAL

Notable Air Combat

Air to Air Kills - 2530/5000

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Here's a little checklist of everything I still have to do. I'm getting ever closer.

:platinum: Warhawk Platinum Progress  :platinum: 

Rank Points: 78,988/275,000

Current Rank - Commander

Badges: 69/81

Warhawk Level: 14/27

Munitions - 7/16 Warhawk Level Weapon Badges

Air to Vehicle - 771/5000

Turret - 289/1000

Lightning Gun - 414/1000

TOW Missile - 568/1000

Swarm Missile - 510/2000

Homing Missile - 460/1000

Cluster Bomb - 369/1000

Flamethrower - 438/1000

Rocket Launcher - 429/1000

Land Mine - 483/1000

Binoculars - 513/1000

Medals: 19/23

Zone Offence

Neutralises/Reductions - 189/173=362/1000

Captures - 278/1000

Air Combat

Hours in Aircraft (hr/mn/sc) - 37:39:34/50:00:00

Exemplary Air Combat

Air to Air Kills Done/1000

REQUIRES AIR COMBAT MEDAL

Notable Air Combat

Air to Air Kills - 2530/5000

Wow your getting close, well at least closer than me lol

I have 65 badges

17 medals

I think I have about 81000 Rank points

I know im close on some other medals, like 50hrs in a warhawk, 500 game wins

This is about all I can remember off the top of my head

Pretty safe to say the ranked trophies will be last to get before plat

Edited by weeztha

Yup everything you said is correct for the glitch to work.

You can choose any map or game mode you wish to play and time limit.

Only thing that matters is setting a password and doin the X,O, left at the same time.

On a side note unrelated to your question I just answered.

Problems that happen very often when doin this glitch. (happens more often than i'd like to admit) Only affects when using 1 PS3 split screen.

1. Network Error, Happens at the end of a match and will dump that games stats. You lose all kills and badges/ medals that were earned in game

2. Posting stats, Game will freeze after a game and again all stats will be lost

3.Checking profile, After finishing a match(s) you go to check you profile. The game will freeze while updating stats. Nothing will be lost. You just have to restart the game.

When using 2 PS3's I also ran into a problem.

Ill earn a badge in game, it pops up on my screen and ill go check my profile and the badge will not be there. Ive waited a day to come back and check it and still not there even though my stats will say 1000+ kills for X weapon. Solution was to do the IAR requirement and the badge popped up for the 2nd time and finally recorded it in my stats.

Hope everyone can work around these issues. I know its very very frustrating to keep having any of these problems.

Good luck to everyone

Thanks for the clarification on the setup up procedure and the bugs that come with it. Luckily I have yet to experience any stat drop issues *knock on wood*

I also can confirm that earning a badge/medal is the same via Single PS3 split-screen. You will never see the badge pop up, but if you know you have completed the IAR requirements you should finish that round, start a new round immediately and finish that round, THEN back out and the badge/medal will update immediately.  Learned that with the old group back in 09 before we disband.

Thank you once again for putting up this thread, I would have never gotten back into Warhawk without this information.

Hey, so how long does it take to plat if you use this method? cheers.

I don't have an exact time on how long it will take. Assuming you use 4 split screens to get 3 kills per quick spqwn, I can only estimate around 250 - 350 hrs (give or take 20 or so hrs). I only found out about this when I got down to only needing points. Got from halfway to General to General in a few days of point boosting for a hand full of hours.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

I don't have an exact time on how long it will take. Assuming you use 4 split screens to get 3 kills per quick spqwn, I can only estimate around 250 - 350 hrs (give or take 20 or so hrs). I only found out about this when I got down to only needing points. Got from halfway to General to General in a few days of point boosting for a hand full of hours.

I'd say your pretty close on the time. I'm at 100hrs and all I've done is use the method described in this thread. With that being said I'm thinking I have about 75 to 100 hrs left of grinding to plat.

Currently at 21/23 medals

67/81 badges

100k/275k rank points

K, Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, so how long does it take to plat if you use this method? cheers.

I have plat now and I self boosted all the way to plat using the method in this thread.

It took me;

187 hours

1420 games played

22554 kills

Maybe I'll post a pic of my stats when I get home. (If I remember to)

Edited by weeztha

• 8 months later...

This game is dead (is a good thing for trophy hunters) so this means that the glitch won't be fix one day so whenever you choice to start the game don't ask around if this glitch still works because it works and it will work till the servers won't go down :rolleyes:.

• 1 month later...

This is annoying. I'll earn around 400 points on CTF using this glitch (continuous flag captures). After the game, the stats are posted and I go check my profile. The total no. of points hasn't changed. I'll come back in an hour or so and my total no. of points will be up but by nowhere near what I got in the last game. 

What is going on here? :/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/10/2013 at 4:23 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Yes, that's correct, however as far as I know the password is required to have the glitch room work.

I have wastet one hour because I forgot to put the password, geez....

Edited by FlareZero

18 hours ago, FlareZero said:

I have wastet one hour because I forgot to put the password, geez....

One thing that tells you if you have made the glitch correctly (so if the room is ranked) is if after a match you get a screen saying something like "sending score" (i don't know what appears in english sorry) before the room's stats. This happens only to the host of the room.

If you have a second ps3 you can check from there if your room is ranked. Each room has a trophy symbol on the left, if there is a red "X" it is not ranked, if that "X" isn't there it means that the room is ranked.

Glitch: this happens to me always, if you activate another pad for a split screen game but then you leave with it, after the match the room will be automatically closed.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

Boosting with 2 ps3 and it's a dream come true. 1v4   (technically 1v3 since 1 guy idles in APC) provides just the right balance of efficiency & control. Any less would be too slow, and more would be impractical. And having 1 TV to myself means I get to see the awards popping on my screen ?

Obviously the main goals here are 5k A2A and 5k A2V kills, but it's very easy to combine medals/badges by inflicting the "final blow" with any weapon you need kills for. I've developed a technique to get 3 A2V kills in 20 seconds, so you'll get 200-250 A2V kills in a 30m game.

METHOD:

Spoiler

I basically line my APC up with the 4x4 spawn (a safe distance), so that I only need to push the 3 guys' left stick in the left direction. I'm able to (awkwardly) move all 3 guys at the same time, and then I press square so that 1-2 enter the 4x4, then I manually control the ones that didn't enter the vehicle & climb aboard. Then it's just a matter of MG'ing the jeep and finishing it off with whatever weapon you want kills with.

I haven't attempted A2A yet; I don't really have any ideas. I initially wanted to play on any map with the Dropship DLC –> Park 1 guy (in APC) beside the Dropship spawn –> continuously enter Dropship with other 3 guys, ascending a little –> A2A kill;  repeat

...But then I realized that Dropship & APC don't exist in the same map for some reason (to my knowledge...)

@VirtualNight  any pro tips for efficient A2A kills? (with 2 ps3)

Also, the IAR criteria... Can I do it in the next game (after Global), or must I wait for my stats to update? (takes 20-30 mins)

and while you're at it, any other general tips i should know?

2 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

One thing that tells you if you have made the glitch correctly (so if the room is ranked) is if after a match you get a screen saying something like "sending score" (i don't know what appears in english sorry) before the room's stats. This happens only to the host of the room.

If you have a second ps3 you can check from there if your room is ranked. Each room has a trophy symbol on the left, if there is a red "X" it is not ranked, if that "X" isn't there it means that the room is ranked.

Glitch: this happens to me always, if you activate another pad for a split screen game but then you leave with it, after the match the room will be automatically closed.

Thank you very much.

I remember to put a password for the room to be active an ranked.

5 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

Boosting with 2 ps3 and it's a dream come true. 1v4   (technically 1v3 since 1 guy idles in APC) provides just the right balance of efficiency & control. Any less would be too slow, and more would be impractical. And having 1 TV to myself means I get to see the awards popping on my screen 1f44d.png

Obviously the main goals here are 5k A2A and 5k A2V kills, but it's very easy to combine medals/badges by inflicting the "final blow" with any weapon you need kills for. I've developed a technique to get 3 A2V kills in 20 seconds, so you'll get 200-250 A2V kills in a 30m game.

METHOD:

Reveal hidden contents

I basically line my APC up with the 4x4 spawn (a safe distance), so that I only need to push the 3 guys' left stick in the left direction. I'm able to (awkwardly) move all 3 guys at the same time, and then I press square so that 1-2 enter the 4x4, then I manually control the ones that didn't enter the vehicle & climb aboard. Then it's just a matter of MG'ing the jeep and finishing it off with whatever weapon you want kills with.

I haven't attempted A2A yet; I don't really have any ideas. I initially wanted to play on any map with the Dropship DLC –> Park 1 guy (in APC) beside the Dropship spawn –> continuously enter Dropship with other 3 guys, ascending a little –> A2A kill;  repeat

...But then I realized that Dropship & APC don't exist in the same map for some reason (to my knowledge...)

@VirtualNight  any pro tips for efficient A2A kills? (with 2 ps3)

Also, the IAR criteria... Can I do it in the next game (after Global), or must I wait for my stats to update? (takes 20-30 mins)

and while you're at it, any other general tips i should know?

The dropship idea is bad, because it spawns slowly and it has a lot of life.

The spoiler doesn't open for me so maybe I'm going to write the same thing you posted, however...

For A2A: actually this idea came in my mind right now, play Hero in Eucadia-Air fight, while you are a hero you do much more damage than usual, keep the player 1 in one team and all the rest in the other and just kill, except the hero of the opposite team (no need to waste time to kill him)... with 2 or more ps3 and more than 4 pads this should be very fast, your victims just need to spam with X (and shoot with R1 to become vulnerable asap).

If I had though about this when I needed that ?... I used to play in a deathmatch air fight and just kill all my enemies.

For a2v, the easiest way is to play in Eucadia- (I don't know the name of the sub-map in english, however it is that one with a picture where you can see a turret on the right).

There is a mini-spot where you can spawn in your base (on the right for Blue, left for Red) which has 2 jeeps there, so you can just make your victims spawn there and kill them once you put them into the jeep, the jeeps will respawn almost imediately. Here you can kill with the Turret too, there is one in the nearest zone to capture from your base, jus spawn the missiles since the victims spawn almost always in the same point, this place is amazing for Tanks kill too.

Now I haven't done this boost anymore for years, but if I think about it, you should get 3 a2v every 10 seconds I guess in this great spot.

For the requirements in a round, you must firstly do the global ones.

Obviously, during a2a and a2v work for some weapons too. Note that even if you kill with an infantry's weapon BUT you are in the plane before it kills, that kill will be counted as DONE FROM THE PLANE (best is combine the binocular kills with a2v, the binocular's location in the map that I suggested for a2v is right close to that spot).

QUESTION: how do you mention someone?

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1