Picked up Mortal Sword, can I still go for the 3 non-shura endings?

Hello guys, picked up Sekiro some days ago, I'm getting my ass handed to me more then I'd like but loving the game so far.
As per the title, i killed the 4 folding screen monkeys and picked up the mortal blade, and now I have the big guardian ape in front of me ready to kick my ass. In my current situation can I still make the backup save before speaking to Owl in order to get the three (non-shura) endings? Sorry for the noob question, the guide here seem to suggest I can, I can kill both the ape and the first corrupted monk doing a save before interacting with the items they're guarding, but I don't know if the blade has a part in that, I just chose to pick it up without thinking.

Doesn’t have anything to do.

And defeating the Ape or Monk bosses doesn’t have anything to do with the endings anyway, it’s just in case you missed collectibles before Ashina Castle changes.

The endings are determined on wether you break or not the Iron code, thus, that’s why a save is made before talking to Owl.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

The endings are determined on wether you break or not the Iron code, thus, that’s why a save is made before talking to Owl.

Well now it's perfectly clear. I'm going to to collect seeds, beads and prosthetic parts right now, and save just before talking to Owl. 

Thank you so much!

Oh I just noticed it's you who made the guide I'm following, just wanted to say a big thank you as without it I'd be totally clueless about what to do/how to do it/when to do it (not doing a perfect job even with your guide, as you can see ?) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RetroGamerAndrew said:

Well now it's perfectly clear. I'm going to to collect seeds, beads and prosthetic parts right now, and save just before talking to Owl. 

Thank you so much!

Oh I just noticed it's you who made the guide I'm following, just wanted to say a big thank you as without it I'd be totally clueless about what to do/how to do it/when to do it (not doing a perfect job even with your guide, as you can see 1f61c.png

It’s totally understandable, it requires quite a few hours playing the game to be acquaintaced with the mechanics, I would recommend re-reading the stages after a few hours since it might be easier to understand what the guide is talking about.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 3.11.2020 at 2:07 PM, RetroGamerAndrew said:

Thank you so much!

Oh I just noticed it's you who made the guide I'm following, just wanted to say a big thank you as without it I'd be totally clueless about what to do/how to do it/when to do it (not doing a perfect job even with your guide, as you can see 1f61c.png

Making save before talking to Owl at the top of the tower isn't necessary to be honest as you will HAVE TO go through ng+ nonetheless. Just make sure you follow exact steps to prep each non shura ending. As confusing they might seem at first, they are brilliantly pointed in the guide here on PSNP. You may want to make a save before Owl on ng+, then go for shura and reload it. However I just finished shura yesterday and went straight to ng+2 to upgrade all tools and grind xp for remaining skills. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maniek515 said:

Making save before talking to Owl at the top of the tower isn't necessary to be honest as you will HAVE TO go through ng+ nonetheless. Just make sure you follow exact steps to prep each non shura ending. As confusing they might seem at first, they are brilliantly pointed in the guide here on PSNP. You may want to make a save before Owl on ng+, then go for shura and reload it. However I just finished shura yesterday and went straight to ng+2 to upgrade all tools and grind xp for remaining skills. 

Yeah I just finished all the preparations for the three non-Shura ending, beat Father Owl (he made me sweat!) and I just landed at Fountainhead Palace where the real Corrupted Monk is. As BlackTorito pointed out all became clearer as I progressed through the game. Thanks!

For seeds and collectible make all possible collectibles completed before interacting with both story items after defeating the corrupted monk and guardian ape. 

you can kill both of them and interact with one item at least. interacting with both will make a big change in the game as some mini-bosses will be gone if you have not defeated them already. 

If this your first playthrough, no need to make a backup before meeting owl, just choose to defeat him, get the requirement for three endings, and make a backup after defeating the last boss.

do 3 endings with backup save and go into a new game+

after defeating the guardian ape and corrupted monk, get the two-story items, reach the castle and make a backup save before talking to owl. bond with him and defeat emma and ishin get the trophy for defeating all bosses + Ashura ending 

reload and continue to get the last 4 upgrade items 

• Like 1