Losing all progress after 1.03 patch

Yokolobuna

Yes, I contacted them via discord and twitter and all I can get is "we are investigating it", which probably means that they will do jack shit about it and just let it slide.

It happend to all people who were playing before 1.03. Typical CM and their bugged products on the start. Never ever buy a game from them on a launch date.

• Like 1

This happened to me, thankfully I quickly uploaded my 1.02 save tot eh cloud before 1.03 saved anything.

Then, using guides on this site, I installed the 1.0 digital version of the game followed by forcing PSN into downloading and installing the 1.02 patch and not 1.03 - so, I'm now on 1.02 but the game thinks it's on 1.03 - thus not losing any progress :)

Took quite a few hours to 'fix' though but I am only about 15 races off completing all events so I wasn't going to replay the 110+ I'd already done.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

This happened to me, thankfully I quickly uploaded my 1.02 save tot eh cloud before 1.03 saved anything.

Then, using guides on this site, I installed the 1.0 digital version of the game followed by forcing PSN into downloading and installing the 1.02 patch and not 1.03 - so, I'm now on 1.02 but the game thinks it's on 1.03 - thus not losing any progress :)

Took quite a few hours to 'fix' though but I am only about 15 races off completing all events so I wasn't going to replay the 110+ I'd already done.

Are you able to link these guides? 

On 11/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, Spike-123_ said:

Are you able to link these guides? 

Used part 1 in this guide to download version 1.0

Then this to download the 1.02 patch

For the patch, you run the program above, then press options and check for update, once it starts downloading 1.03 pause it. Then, edit the link details to 1.02 instead of 1.03, delete the download then re-check for update. It’ll say it’s 1.03 but it isn’t, it’ll be just under 10gb.

Sorry, I was tired when I wrote this, you need to click to edit the linked file (as per the above guide) and then use one of the following URLS:
EU: /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA16194_00/5/f_adb98c51e3d9a06601cc499c775ea978b3164a1236875c78cc93597adb8cf0bd/f/EP4001-CUSA16194_00-FULLGAME00000000-A0102-V0100.json

NA: /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA16195_00/3/f_b624ced5dd54c1df25062e320c5d4ddc888ddc3325105e5cb1bf79c17bea517f/f/UP4001-CUSA16195_00-FULLGAME00000000-A0102-V0100.json

If the app times out, close and reopen and just press run (as it times out after 30 mins). Once installed, the save should work again - may not if the game has autosaved on 1.03.

*note - I strongly advise against playing the game on version 1.0 (even though the save will work fine with it). The enemy AI is much higher, the rewards you get is much lower, there's a lot of visual glitches and cars falling through the world, the rewarding process seems different, and the game is very, very broken. I feel sorry for anyone buying the physical edition and don't have the means to update the game before they play it.*

Edited by turniplord
added urls

23 hours ago, turniplord said:

Used part 1 in this guide to download version 1.0

Then this to download the 1.02 patch

For the patch, you run the program above, then press options and check for update, once it starts downloading 1.03 pause it. Then, edit the link details to 1.02 instead of 1.03, delete the download then re-check for update. It’ll say it’s 1.03 but it isn’t, it’ll be just under 10gb.

If the app times out, close and reopen and just press run (as it times out after 30 mins). Once installed, the save should work again - may not if the game has autosaved on 1.03.

*note - I strongly advise against playing the game on version 1.0 (even though the save will work fine with it). The enemy AI is much higher, the rewards you get is much lower, there's a lot of visual glitches and cars falling through the world, the rewarding process seems different, and the game is very, very broken. I feel sorry for anyone buying the physical edition and don't have the means to update the game before they play it.*

Not sure what I must be doing wrong in this process because following the first guide to downgrade to version 1.00, no matter what I try once I start downloading the game it still seems to be downloading the 1.03 patch along with it (when I received my review code it was around 30GBs and with Patch 1.03 it makes it 40GB)

Tried the other method in hopes I could just remap 1.03 to 1.02 in Charles instead but following that process resulted in the game just being unable to download at all. So I'm stumped.

6 minutes ago, Spike-123_ said:

Not sure what I must be doing wrong in this process because following the first guide to downgrade to version 1.00, no matter what I try once I start downloading the game it still seems to be downloading the 1.03 patch along with it (when I received my review code it was around 30GBs and with Patch 1.03 it makes it 40GB)

Tried the other method in hopes I could just remap 1.03 to 1.02 in Charles instead but following that process resulted in the game just being unable to download at all. So I'm stumped.

If you follow the first method exactly, it’ll only download 1.0 - if the patch appears in downloads as an additional download, delete it whilst it downloads the base game. You know it’s worked when the ‘you can now play’ portion shows as version 1.0 when you press options and information on it.

also, ensure all automatic downloads are turned off. 

then, once you’re on 1.0, you have or get Charles running then get dirt to look for the update, remap it, cancel and delete the update the re-check for it. It’ll say 1.03 but as long as it’s around 9-10gb (and not 7ish), it’s actually 1.02

I’ve just completed all events to grab that trophy. Only need the 30k points and 10k miles, so I might just let it update now as I can’t see myself grabbing them for a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...