Dedicated servers are ending at the end of this month per the developers

POEman553

So the dedicated servers will be ending at the end of this month but peer to peer matchmaking will still work after the last patch this month. Database servers will stay active for player progression and unlocks.

Will that make the game easier to Platinum or make no difference?

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It will make it a hell of a lot more irritating and frustrating, because you will be at the mercy of the host player's connection. If there's no Host migration, then you will lose your stats for that match after being booted out of the game.

So the people that insist on connecting their consoles via Wifi and are hosts will have people drop and lose their stats.

Bummer.

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Wait, there were Servers? I played the game game a few weeks at release and if the host quit or the connection was lost (both happened in more than 50 percent of the games) all progress was lost. But the game was very fun, so I played just for fun.

The Dedicated Servers were patched in approx 1 year after launch but now they're going away and returning to P2P status.

Yet even more of a reason not to play the game anymore. I only play this game every now and then just to run people over with the car. I won't get banned in the game because Gun Media hasn't added any new content in almost 2 fucking years. Makes it pointless to report people. Now when ever you play as Jason don't kill the host or else he will leave and you lose all your progress. As a huge Friday The 13th fan, I am disappointed. 

• Like 2

That legal dispute with who had the rights to the franchise really ruined any hope this game ever had. Only a matter of time after that. Shame as the developer had way more content planned for the game and seeing as this is the final patch, this is the games final state. Any bugs that exist after this patch are in it for good.

Servers going back to P2P + offline progress not counting towards trophies makes this a game I'm not likely to ever return to. Trophy list was one of the worst I've ever seen in a game as well. At least they're keeping the double XP for those that still play it so that's...something, I guess.

Dedicated servers are ending at the end of this month per the developers? What does mean? 

Guys does that's mean we can't get plat for Friday 13 after last patch?? or what?? please is that effect on platinum?

Edited by Tiricy
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 0:41 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

I was thinking about starting this game, but I don’t know if I want to now...is it worth it whatsoever?

DONT, speaking from a person who platted it 3 times it is a enormous grind and headache. you will spend a long time a long boring time getting the 1000 with jason and counselor. and if you end up playing with actual people and not boosting you will get pissed off beyond belief. sometimes the players are friends with jason so jason will kill only you and let the counselors do what they want. its fun to play for maybe 10 matches total. 

20 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

Guys does that's mean we can't get plat for Friday 13 after last patch?? or what?? please is that effect on platinum?

pretty sure you can still get everything private match, but its getting alot harder to find people to boost with. especially since you need 4 to kill jason. on my 3rd plat me and another guy waited over a month to get enough people to play to kill jason, and we luckily found a guy with 4 ps4s and i had 2.

9 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

DONT, speaking from a person who platted it 3 times it is a enormous grind and headache. you will spend a long time a long boring time getting the 1000 with jason and counselor. and if you end up playing with actual people and not boosting you will get pissed off beyond belief. sometimes the players are friends with jason so jason will kill only you and let the counselors do what they want. its fun to play for maybe 10 matches total. 

pretty sure you can still get everything private match, but its getting alot harder to find people to boost with. especially since you need 4 to kill jason. on my 3rd plat me and another guy waited over a month to get enough people to play to kill jason, and we luckily found a guy with 4 ps4s and i had 2.

Thank you so much for answers. You are a very kind man.