Paste up glitch?

stubborn_kid725

I finally just got this horrible Piece de Resistance trophy to pop. What a nightmare. Here were the steps I took:

1. I played through the game normally, using different characters, completing missions, and occasionally doing paste ups as I saw them. I probably did 5-7 paste ups over the course of my main playthrough. This was a horrible mistake. Do not do ANY paste ups during your main playthrough if you haven't already.
  2. After finishing the story campaign, I was ready to tackle the paste up trophy. I used PowerPyx's paste up locations page and meticulously went through them one by one. Before I started, I read that you should use a single character to do all of them, and never change outfits or characters. So that's what I did. I chose a construction worker with a cargo drone, and I did all 47 of them with that character (including pasting over the 5-7 that I had already done during my main playthrough). And you guessed it, the trophy didn't pop. So annoying. A couple of quick notes at this point: I skipped most of the paste up cutscenes, and I'm not 100% positive that I saw the "Paste Up Complete" message after each one. I wasn't paying super close attention for that message, and I definitely regretted that. I highly recommend that you let the full cutscene play and make sure you see the success message after each paste up.
  3. So the trophy didn't pop, and I decided to start going through them even more meticulously, and letting the cutscene play out every time. I chose a totally different character I had never used, and I started going through them one by one again. I got through the first 15 of them (all of which had obviously already been done, but I was redoing them), and then I decided "#$@% it, I think my paste up tracking might be corrupted". I decided to start over completely on a fresh save file.
  4. I backed up my save data to a USB drive, and then I started a new campaign. I did NOT delete my old save files before starting the new campaign (it will warn you that it's going to overwrite your existing save). You have to play through about an hour of intro missions before you get your construction worker with the cargo drone.
  5. Once I got my construction worker, I did the first 5, but I was surprised to see they were all already completed in game, and I was just pasting over them again. Clearly there's some kind of general collectible tracking that doesn't get overwritten when you start a new game. I was also not seeing a success message or getting any rewards for any of them as I redid them. After doing the first 5 on PowerPyx's list, I jumped ahead to number 16 (I had already done the first 15 again in step 3). I was thinking maybe I really just needed to do them all carefully one more time and let the cutscene play out each time.
  6. Long story short, on the new save file, I did 1-5 and then skipped ahead to 16-47. The trophy finally popped on 47. I never once saw one that I hadn't already been completed. So buggy.

My current theory is this: If you do all of them and the trophy doesn't pop, try backing up your save data, starting a new campaign, and once you get the construction worker, just go straight to the final one that you completed. I'm thinking if I had just done #47 again, the trophy might've popped on this new save file right away. Might be a long shot, but it's definitely worth a try. Much shorter than doing all of them again.

A few other stray notes:

• I did step 1 almost completely on patch 1.04. I updated to 1.05 somewhere near the end of the campaign.
  • I did steps 2-6 all on patch 1.05.
  • I use sleep/resume to instantly pick up my games right where I left off. After doing all 47 of the paste ups, I had unlocked all of the paste up options, but it still showed a progress bar with remaining money to collect when I went to redo one of them. When I completely closed the game and reloaded it, the next paste up I tried showed a totally different message. The progress bar was completed and it said something like "All paste ups complete". Still no trophy at this point though, this was somewhere during step 3 above. If you use suspend/resume, it might be worth completely closing the game and restarting it before you do all 47 of them again.

If I could make one recommendation to anyone trying to get this trophy, it's this: DO NOT DO A SINGLE PASTE UP DURING THE MAIN CAMPAIGN. Save them all for the end. Then choose a single character, never change characters, never change outfits, and do all 47 of them in a single sitting. Make sure you let the cutscene play out each time, and MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE "PASTE UP COMPLETED" MESSAGE each time too. Don't park your drone too close to the paste up spot, and don't engage in combat or do any paste ups while enemies/civilians are aggroed to you.

Over the course of 50+ platinums, this trophy is quite possibly the buggiest one I've ever encountered.

Edited by picobots
fixed typo
  • Like 4

I got the trophy yesterday after getting annoyed with it.

Uploaded my save data, deleted, started fresh, finished opening up to having the two objectives, ran to the tower of Westminster (restricted area in front of safehouse), called the cargo drone, then followed PowerPyx's guide to get them all.

Done trophy popped. Annoying and long way to do it, but worked first time regardless.

I got the trophy this morning. Used the same character and redid all 47 even though I had done a few with another character. The game  bugged out at one point so I couldn't see anything forcing a reset during the process, I skipped many of the paste-up cutscene and the trophy took like a minute to pop after the last paste-up causing me a bit of anxiety. 

I'm not fan of using collectibles guides, but damn, that was so stupid idea to leave markers on a map after you painted the wall. I mean, what's the point to leave active icon on a map, when you already done the requirement? They should at least add some kind of check marks on completed areas like in later AC games.

• Like 2

Rookie mistake but you all should know this by now but going after collectibles should be done after the main story. Skipping even those that are in sight and in your path unless stated otherwise in a guide.

For example, some collectibles in some games can’t be acquired after the main story because you may not be able to travel back to that certain area and that’s the only time you should pick those up.

Also, in this case as most used the Construction Worker to get all collectibles, I used a Hacker. They’re even more efficient as there’s always a platform nearby to summon a Cargo Drone by hacking. This can go hand in hand with also collecting tech points as you can hack cameras to spider bots to whatever really.

So I highly suggest using Hackers for all these collectibles 

Hi everyone. I have just got the trophy (all the 47 past ups) and the platinum. It was my last trophy. I saved all the files on a usb device, then deleted all the saves from the ps4 and i started a new game.

I played until i've done all the training missions in the safehouse. When i was out of it, i have searched a drone at Westminster (at the front of the safehouse, it's a red zone). From this point:

1)I've never used a fast travel or a car; (never used a rest mode, just pause button, to check the guide);

2)i travelled only with the drone;

3)when i applied a past up,i waited the cutscenes and the eTo points; (i've used the same image, the white skull);

4)i followed the power pyx guide;

5)i've never changed the starting character! (i choose a hacker);

6)i played with the last patch 1.06 installed;

7) i've changed my internet connection from wi-fi to ethernet;

after 3 hours..I've got all the stencils unlocked and got the trophy.

I hope this message can help someone to achieve this trophy (and probably the platinum?)! good luck eveyone!

On 11/14/2020 at 7:40 AM, atriplehrkogabe7 said:

Hi everyone. I have just got the trophy (all the 47 past ups) and the platinum. It was my last trophy. I saved all the files on a usb device, then deleted all the saves from the ps4 and i started a new game.

I played until i've done all the training missions in the safehouse. When i was out of it, i have searched a drone at Westminster (at the front of the safehouse, it's a red zone). From this point:

1)I've never used a fast travel or a car; (never used a rest mode, just pause button, to check the guide);

2)i travelled only with the drone;

3)when i applied a past up,i waited the cutscenes and the eTo points; (i've used the same image, the white skull);

4)i followed the power pyx guide;

5)i've never changed the starting character! (i choose a hacker);

6)i played with the last patch 1.06 installed;

7) i've changed my internet connection from wi-fi to ethernet;

after 3 hours..I've got all the stencils unlocked and got the trophy.

I hope this message can help someone to achieve this trophy (and probably the platinum1f609.png)! good luck eveyone!

I'm starting this right now.  I wiped my saves, and am going to start a new game.  However, after the tutorial I'm going to need to quit out as my squad and I are going to play siege, but after that I'm going straight through and do them all.  I used abyss's guide on my first run through when the trophy didn't pop, but I'll use pyx's guide this time.  Thanks for the writeup!

EDIT: I can confirm that this works, at least for me.  Followed his directions to the T and popped the trophy. 

Edited by PLATnumb--

I have done these all and no trophy. Same character and no trophy. The pop up where it shows you unlock more stencils still says I need one to unlock the rest of them. I even went tru a second time and check each one again and all them were done. Not wasting another second on this game until the patches come out!!!   

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this one.

I deleted my saves and started a new game. First chance I could get I recruited a construction worker and used them for all the paste-ups, using the summonable construction drone as travel most of the time. Also not sure if just me but I think the personal drone flies faster than the normal ones.

I did it all in one sitting(took about 3 hours from start of game to last paste-up) using powerpyx guide on the latest patch 1.07.

I didn't change anything about my internet. I waited for the full cutscene to finish. A couple times I noticed my construction drone was too close which stopped me seeing the full cutscene, so I redid those paste-ups. 

I used cars and fast travelled a couple times. My character was also incapacitated 3 times from falling, none of that stopped the trophy popping for me.

Edited by Beyrone

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this with many attempts, many days.  What works is a combination of what everyone has tried before.  I used one character and the fly drone.  I didn’t fast travel or use cars, I just flew around the whole map with the drone.  Make sure the drone is away from the paste so that it zooms out on the picture after you paint it. Also it has to be done on 1 SERVER that is a must.  Do not do part of them and come back later or close the game.  It takes around 2 hours to do it.  This is done on the latest update, 1.09.  If you have questions, ask. Do not skip the cutscene. I did this on another attempt at doing it after I had them all done before on the same save file. 

I am really frustrated now.

I've tried it twice on my first savegame. I did all with the same character but turned off my console in between and used fast travel.

Today I tried it on the latest patch (1.09) with a fresh savegame. So I deleted my old save files and started a new game.

I did missions to that point where you are required to recruit a construction worker.

As soon as I have recruited him I started to do the paste ups. All in one sitting without pauses. Took me about 2.5h.

But even with this method the trophy didn't pop.

It is so annoying!!!

Don’t use the construction worker, use the person you start the game with.  Like I said in my post.  I have tried what you did and didn’t work before.  Like I said I have tried many things with no luck. That was the only thing that worked. I didn’t even do any missions.  Once I got out of the safe house, I went across the street and hyjacked a drone and went from there with the starting character.  You don’t need to delete saves or anything like that. It has to be in one sitting, no closing the game, 1 server.  I have tried the way you did it khantoo before and didn’t pop so that’s why I put what worked for many after trying many methods like what others have tried.  

Edited by BseBal

If you are going for the double-stack I can confirm that the following worked for me:

On PS4:

Start a new game and play main missions only until you get the construction worker.  Then follow PowerPx's guide until you have done 46 of the 47 paste-ups.  At that point do something that will force a save (like one of the uprising activities-- there is a very quick picture evidence activity north of the 46th paste-up).  Exit to the main menu, then upload the save file to the Ubisoft cloud (within the game, not PS+).

On PS4:

Load back into your game and do the 47th paste-up.  Bling!

On PS5:

If you already have a PS5 game save going, upload it to the PS+ cloud.

Load the PS4 save file from the Ubisoft cloud.  Go to the 47th paste-up. Bling!

Edited by munkyutk

• 4 weeks later...

you don't need to delete your game save and restart. you only have to make sure that you are always comnected to ubisoft connect for all 47 locations. i did it in one shot. i had to redo twice since i got discomnected the first time around. the trophy popped at the last location of my second round. so close your application (game), start your game, make sure you are connected, and do all 47 locations in one shot (takes roughly 2 hours).

• Like 1

On 12.1.2021 at 3:40 AM, v-fal said:

you don't need to delete your game save and restart. you only have to make sure that you are always comnected to ubisoft connect for all 47 locations. i did it in one shot. i had to redo twice since i got discomnected the first time around. the trophy popped at the last location of my second round. so close your application (game), start your game, make sure you are connected, and do all 47 locations in one shot (takes roughly 2 hours).

I can confirm this. Got all 47 paste-ups yesterday, but the trophy did not pop. I have had unlocked all paste-ups (when I did a new one, I got the message that I have found all paste-ups in the menu where you can choose the paste-up).

I guess the issue maybe is connected to your drone. On my first run I have had the drone very near the paste-up, so maybe this broke the cutscene and the unlock. Today I did all paste-ups again with without starting a new game and it popped at the 43th paste-up.

So this worked for me:

- Close the game and start it again (no need to start a new game)

- use your construction worker (it was a male, because some people say it will not unlock on female characters)

- do all paste-ups in one session without interrupting the internet connection or closing the game, also do not use standby mode of the console

- do NOT park your drone in front of the paste-ups. If you have to land in front of it, you can just move it out of the way, before using the paste-up

Good luck!