Who do you think will win the election

THEULTRAMEMELORD

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

At this moment (21:55) I see Biden has 253 e-votes and Trump has 213. Senate is presently a 47-47 tie. Biden is ahead in Arizona (11) and Nevada (6), and if he holds the lead in those two, he's got it exactly. Pennsylvania is worth 20, and the results of that haven't been called yet.

And what is the deal with Trump already trying to say he's won? I laughed so hard I cried when I heard that. This current presidency is a fucking circus and hopefully it'll be over in January.

As of now Arizona is considered won by Biden and the only states that are still too close to call are NV, PA, GA, NC and AK, putting Biden at 264 votes.  Alaska won't really make a difference either way.  GA, PA, and NC have enough of a lead that the chances of them changing are slim.  That and GA and NC have been red states for a few decades now.  PA voted for Trump in 2016, and he has a larger lead there than GA and NC.  NV is really the only one that could potentially change at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

Trump spent about a year telling his followers that postal votes were susceptible to fraud and tried to put a stop to them. They were already more popular among democrats, but Trump actively dissuading his voters from using them made that even more so. Then combined with the fact that postal votes are counted last in some states ensured that we'd see states flip towards the end.

Republicans also tried to have 127,000 votes in Harris County Texas thrown out for being invalid saying that drive thru voting was illegal and susceptible to fraud.  Totally not a coincidence that this happened in a county that tends to lean democrat.  The courts ruled the votes were valid, but it was suspected the decision would be appealed.  Doubt an appeal will happen now since Trump won Texas.  I don't get why they even tried to argue that when Texas hasn't voted democrat since Jimmy Carter.  Seems like it just accomplished making them look foolish and scared of nothing.

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Republicans also tried to have 127,000 votes in Harris County Texas thrown out for being invalid saying that drive thru voting was illegal and susceptible to fraud.  Totally not a coincidence that this happened in a county that tends to lean democrat.  The courts ruled the votes were valid, but it was suspected the decision would be appealed.  Doubt an appeal will happen now since Trump won Texas.  I don't get why they even tried to argue that when Texas hasn't voted democrat since Jimmy Carter.  Seems like it just accomplished making them look foolish and scared of nothing.

Over the last 20 years, Texas has consistently changed to be have more democratic voters. If the trend continues or accelerates, Texas will flip to a mostly democratic state within two elections and no republicans will ever be able to win a presidential election again because of the electoral college.

The small effort put in here is because the republican strategists need to keep focusing some attention on Texas. 

Craziest election of my lifetime. The polls indicated a landslide for Biden, but he seriously underperformed, particularly among Latinos. The Democratic Party has a lot to think about after this.

It was a really interesting nail-biter, with lots of twists and turns. Never underestimate the incumbent president, especially one with a cult of personality like Trump. I also didn't expect Biden to take Arizona, or for him to be so competitive in Georgia. He should have this election in the bag now, although I expect Trump to drag it out for as long as he can.

In any case, I'm REALLY getting a kick out of watching conservatives behave exactly like the "triggered libs" they endlessly mocked in 2016.

EmB9IxRXEAE0v7a.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Craziest election of my lifetime. The polls indicated a landslide for Biden, but he seriously underperformed, particularly among Latinos. The Democratic Party has a lot to think about after this.

I think both parties could use to provide better candidates.  I think America as a whole is sick and tired of having to choose between the lesser of two evils.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Was it bizarre?

Trump spent about a year telling his followers that postal votes were susceptible to fraud and tried to put a stop to them. They were already more popular among democrats, but Trump actively dissuading his voters from using them made that even more so. Then combined with the fact that postal votes are counted last in some states ensured that we'd see states flip towards the end.

If you think it's suspicious then you're either already a Trump supporter or his long and calculated effort to cast doubt on the election has worked. Everything he's done over the course of the election has been to manufacture the exact scenario we saw today. Either he wins because of his attacks on mostly-democrat postal votes, or he loses and it's because postal votes are fraudulent.

It's win-win for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he campaigns in 2024 now that he has an army of voters that he's gaslighted into thinking he was cheated out of a win.

You, my friend, nailed it by the word. Glad there's still rational people out there.

• Like 1

I said enough about the elections for the most part, if you guys follow my posts you know I’ve touched upon it in the recent past.

I couldn’t care less if Biden wins. He’s a man in his late 70s who I find to be every bit as out of touch as every other crap politician out there. 

The elections just separate people. That’s what it comes down to. Bickering, endless fighting, finger pointing, people just act like monkeys when the political situation goes bad. 

The Electoral College needs to be removed. There is all this shit going on today regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, police brutality on minorities, businesses suffering and so forth. If we weren’t separated enough already, the elections will separate us even more. 

The world as it stands today is a fucking joke. If I could time travel back to 10 - 15 years ago, I’d do so in a heartbeat.

Biden's lead in Arizona has gone down a little. He is doing better in Georgia now, and could possibly snatch it from Trump. He's also gaining ground in Pennsylvania.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

The Electoral College needs to be removed.

I'll second that. Why can't we have it just be based on the national popular vote? The counting would be so much simpler, and Trump would not be president in the first place if that were so in 2016. As things are, I just want Trump to lose. If that takes electing Biden, so be it. Trump is considerably worse, and I cannot stand Melania either.

Once Trump's out of office, chances are he'll be in a shipload of legal trouble. I love the idea of seeing that damn Karma Houdini finally face the music in a court of law.

Hopefully the C19 vaccine comes by springtime. This pandemic has gone on too long... enough is enough.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I think both parties could use to provide better candidates.  I think America as a whole is sick and tired of having to choose between the lesser of two evils.

That's been true for as long as I can remember, really. As a Sanders/Yang guy, voting for Biden made me nauseous, but supporting the Greens under our two party duopoly is kinda pointless. This country needs total electoral reform.

Looks like Joe might take Pennsylvania, and Trump is coming unhinged. The next few days should be interesting...

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

The elections just separate people. That’s what it comes down to. Bickering, endless fighting, finger pointing, people just act like monkeys when the political situation goes bad. 

The Electoral College needs to be removed.

I would say elections, regardless of stoking divisions, are a privileged foundation of democracy. Your country has fought wars to obtain the right to vote; a right many disenfranchised citizens never had for the longest time and chose to exercise in high volumes this election. If America wasn’t a democracy, then you’d have Presidents like Trump running the country forever and never leaving office.

I think the Electoral College got it right this time. The President with the most popular vote is well on pace to take a strong majority of electoral votes. It didn’t work out in 2016, but the spread wasn’t as much that time.

We have similar issues with the first-past-the-post system in Canada, as some Canadians just want some form of proportional representation. But the Conservative who secured more popular vote last election because of highly concentrated votes in Prairie provinces still lost to Justin Trudeau because of his regional spread. If Trudeau had lost, Canada would have been screwed with its pandemic response and we’d be sitting in your boat. So the system actually saved us and did its job, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'll second that. Why can't we have it just be based on the national popular vote? The counting would be so much simpler, and Trump would not be president in the first place if that were so in 2016. As things are, I just want Trump to lose. If that takes electing Biden, so be it. Trump is considerably worse, and I cannot stand Melania either.

Once Trump's out of office, chances are he'll be in a shipload of legal trouble. I love the idea of seeing that damn Karma Houdini finally face the music in a court of law.

Hopefully the C19 vaccine comes by springtime. This pandemic has gone on too long... enough is enough.

I second this as well. 

I said enough on Trump and Biden. However, a new case of COVID-19 popped up not too far from me. It’s far from over. I just wish the vaccine was already here. 

44 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I would say elections, regardless of stoking divisions, are a privileged foundation of democracy. Your country has fought wars to obtain the right to vote; a right many disenfranchised citizens never had for the longest time and chose to exercise in high volumes this election. If America wasn’t a democracy, then you’d have Presidents like Trump running the country forever and never leaving office.

Democracy is extremely difficult to maintain. However, America as it is today is more divided than I can possibly recall. 

I consider Dwight D Eisenhower and John F Kennedy to be two of the greatest presidents of the last 100 years.

Eisenhower commanded his troops during D Day in World War II. There is not one person today that I could even remotely compare with him because he was a product of his time. He saw the horrors and tragedies Nazi Germany committed. The Soviet Union had for many decades committed countless atrocities upon innocent people until it finally collapsed in 1991. But all good things must come to an end. 

I look at Trump as somebody who got off easy. He grew up in a time of economic growth and prosperity. Those days are long gone, and the kids today have to fear being into physical contact with other people, among other things. America is a mess right now, both financially and politically. 

My issue is people today forget that it took generations and endless wars to maintain and support the influence of free speech. People got stupid and got inflicted by COVID-19 because they didn’t have to experience their peers dying from disease like their great grandparents had to witness way back when in the early 20th century.

There are too many problems going on today, and they are why we’re in the shithole we’re in right now. It’s going to take a lot of work and effort to get ourselves out of it. Legislation to provide decent healthcare for the average person would be a logical step. I’m all in support of that, as I myself haven’t had proper healthcare for ages. Helping poor disabled veterans is another good step. 

But the corporations and the mainline politicians won’t hear of it.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I second this as well. 

I said enough on Trump and Biden. However, a new case of COVID-19 popped up not too far from me. It’s far from over. I just wish the vaccine was already here. 

Democracy is extremely difficult to maintain. However, America as it is today is more divided than I can possibly recall. 

I consider Dwight D Eisenhower and John F Kennedy to be two of the greatest presidents of the last 100 years.

Eisenhower commanded his troops during D Day in World War II. There is not one person today that I could even remotely compare with him because he was a product of his time. He saw the horrors and tragedies Nazi Germany committed. The Soviet Union had for many decades committed countless atrocities upon innocent people until it finally collapsed in 1991. But all good things must come to an end. 

I look at Trump as somebody who got off easy. He grew up in a time of economic growth and prosperity. Those days are long gone, and the kids today have to fear being into physical contact with other people, among other things. America is a mess right now, both financially and politically. 

My issue is people today forget that it took generations and endless wars to maintain and support the influence of free speech. People got stupid and got inflicted by COVID-19 because they didn’t have to experience their peers dying from disease like their great grandparents had to witness way back when in the early 20th century.

There are too many problems going on today, and they are why we’re in the shithole we’re in right now. It’s going to take a lot of work and effort to get ourselves out of it. Legislation to provide decent healthcare for the average person would be a logical step. I’m all in support of that, as I myself haven’t had proper healthcare for ages. Helping poor disabled veterans is another good step. 

But the corporations and the mainline politicians won’t hear of it.

If the country can flip the senate in a couple of years, I’d say you’re on your way to that healthcare. Stay tuned