Will beyond light get trophies?

xTROPHY_LEGENDx

41 minutes ago, Kreivok said:

For PS5 yes, PS4 i doubt it.

This makes no sense honestly. 

10 minutes ago, TheBlackFool said:

I don't think Bungie is going to add trophies to Destiny ever again. They rework the game a lot and often that leads to them accidentally breaking trophies or needing to change them. Then everyone gives them flak for it. It's probably easier for them to ignore the system entirely. 

Well with them adding and removing content. I think they will let it go. 

Edited by Bumperklever

1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

This makes no sense honestly. 

Will with them adding and removing content. I think they will let it go. 

Them releasing it on ps5 means there will be a new trophy list... Why would they share the same trophy list for a new release of a game when content from the trophy list has been removed. For PS4 it will just be an expansion likely without trophies like Shadowkeep.

Edited by Kreivok

6 minutes ago, Kreivok said:

Them releasing it on ps5 means there will be a new trophy list... Why would they share the same trophy list for a new release of a game when content from the trophy list has been removed. For PS4 it will just be an expansion likely without trophies like Shadowkeep.

Well OP is specifically asking about beyond light expansion and not a game re-release on a newer system. 

Hence, it makes no sense to do it on ps5 but skip ps4. 

Regarding a new list for the game itself. I think they will just add the ps5 tag on the current list, just like borderlands 3 will do. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Well OP is specifically asking about beyond light expansion and not a game re-release on a newer system. 

Hence, it makes no sense to do it on ps5 but skip ps4. 

Regarding a new list for the game itself. I think they will just add the ps5 tag on the current list, just like borderlands 3 will do. 

That is true they could do that, but the next gen version of destiny 2 is not coming out till 2021 which makes me think it will be a new list with some trophies changed to suit the new content.

I think Bungie tends to lean towards its in-game seals & badges rather than the official trophy system these days - I mean, when you look at it, they are basically the same sort of thing (list of arbitrary things needed to be done for... Something), but it is a bit of a shame that they don't just translate that into a DLC pack of trophies.

So my guess is no. They have tended to do additional trophies for the bigger releases in the past (Taken King & Rise of Iron in D1, Foresaken in D2), but my thinking is that if there was going to be new trophies, you would probably have heard about them by now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kreivok said:

That is true they could do that, but the next gen version of destiny 2 is not coming out till 2021 which makes me think it will be a new list with some trophies changed to suit the new content.

Wait what it is? Destiny 2 isn’t available from launch day?

Edited by xTROPHY_LEGENDx

I don’t think it will have trophies tied to it since it’s been over 2 years when Forsaken was released and latest expansion Shadowkeep didn’t add any as well. Also since they are vaulting making the Platinum unobtainable then It would be pointless to add more trophies

Edited by JethrowRogueSZ2

On 11/8/2020 at 0:24 PM, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

I don’t think it will have trophies tied to it since it’s been over 2 years when Forsaken was released and latest expansion Shadowkeep didn’t add any as well. Also since they are vaulting making the Platinum unobtainable then It would be pointless to add more trophies

they changed requirements on trophies before, they might do it again.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:39 AM, Forrest_01 said:

I think Bungie tends to lean towards its in-game seals & badges rather than the official trophy system these days - I mean, when you look at it, they are basically the same sort of thing (list of arbitrary things needed to be done for... Something), but it is a bit of a shame that they don't just translate that into a DLC pack of trophies.

So my guess is no. They have tended to do additional trophies for the bigger releases in the past (Taken King & Rise of Iron in D1, Foresaken in D2), but my thinking is that if there was going to be new trophies, you would probably have heard about them by now.

This is also why I don't think they'll change the trophy requirements for ones out now for soon to be vaulted content. It costs them money every time they change and update their game and they have to get it approved by Sony/MS etc. They can stick to in-game triumphs, seals and badges without any additional review needed by their platforms.

I think Bungie/Destiny does in-game trophies 100x better than any game. Earning t-shirts, rings, key chains, hoodies, etc is such a blast, yeah you still need to buy the shirt or the 10 dollar toy or whatever, but everyone of us here would buy a platinum trophy replica from Sony once we earned it in the games for LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Uncharted or the rest.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:39 AM, Forrest_01 said:

Good points but I still wish they added trophies for SK and BL. Even if they were more generic so not subject to future revisions. Reach Rank 50, Reach the Soft Cap, Earn 10 Engrams, Complete 15 Strikes, Reach 25k Triumph Score, etc. Just stuff you could do on any DLC. In some ways I'm glad they don't because getting raid ready can be a chore. Oh well.

12 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Good points but I still wish they added trophies for SK and BL. Even if they were more generic so not subject to future revisions. Reach Rank 50, Reach the Soft Cap, Earn 10 Engrams, Complete 15 Strikes, Reach 25k Triumph Score, etc. Just stuff you could do on any DLC. In some ways I'm glad they don't because getting raid ready can be a chore. Oh well.

Oh, I do too - It would have been nice to earn some new silverware with this new DLC, but I think Bungie just wants to avoid that whole part of having to deal with Sony/Microsoft about adding new trophies/achievements & just keep it in game where they have more control (probably because they keep changing stuff & having to change trophy requirements).