I can't kill John...

Hello guys!

(First of all sorry for my english :))

I need some help to get the "Fate Worse Than Death" trophy. I know that I need to kill everyone before going inside the house, but John just doesnt want to die :/  I missed out all the QTEs at the final fight and Angela dies as she has to, but John survives everytime because Andrew saves him...
Why? I tried 4 times to get this trophy btw

And already played out the full game 9 times overall and still didnt get all the trophies...I'm kinda tired now tbh

Hi upon my first playthrough I managed to save everyone but Taylor and on the same night I simply loaded up the final chapter and when I was with everyone I simply chose not to save Mary in the past Andrew leaves and everyone else inside the house was killed by their demons. Andrew then sits on the door step and is then taken away by the police the trophy you mentioned "Fate Worse Than Death" popped after the credits for me but before the preview of the next game.

However my Andrew did have the gun and I assume for the trophy he must not kill himself and simply be taken away however I'm unaware if anything specific is needed to be done as you see since I used the same playthrough I had secured their safety but its the decision at the end in the past that gets them all killed.]

Hope that helped in some way I'm sorry I've only had 1 playthrough myself. Good Luck

Edited by brenika
  • Like 1

"Fate worse than death" requires everyone to be dead and Andrew to be alive and arrested. Therefore, everyone can be alive at the house and you can kill them all by burning Mary. To make sure Andrew gets arrested, you have to shoot at the demon behind Vince when you get to the church. It doesn't matter how everyone else dies, so long as they're dead. And you have to shoot at Vince and be rude to him in order for him to call the cops on you in the end. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A2Fast_2Furious said:

"Fate worse than death" requires everyone to be dead and Andrew to be alive and arrested. Therefore, everyone can be alive at the house and you can kill them all by burning Mary. To make sure Andrew gets arrested, you have to shoot at the demon behind Vince when you get to the church. It doesn't matter how everyone else dies, so long as they're dead. And you have to shoot at Vince and be rude to him in order for him to call the cops on you in the end. Hope this helps.

I got this Trophy by burning the doll and not condemning Mary, then right before Andrew blows his brains out with the gun, Megan stops him. You don't have to be arrested and mean to Vince, I even shot at the monster behind him and then I had Andrew apologize. As long as everyone else is dead and Andrew survives, the Trophy will probably pop.

19 hours ago, Lamboh1997 said:

Hello guys!

(First of all sorry for my english :))

I need some help to get the "Fate Worse Than Death" trophy. I know that I need to kill everyone before going inside the house, but John just doesnt want to die :/  I missed out all the QTEs at the final fight and Angela dies as she has to, but John survives everytime because Andrew saves him...
Why? I tried 4 times to get this trophy btw

And already played out the full game 9 times overall and still didnt get all the trophies...I'm kinda tired now tbh

To answer the OPs question, in the scene where the group enters the final house(ruined house), John tries to barricade the door and there you will get a dialog choice between "Go, leave me behind"(or something similar) and "please help me here"(or something similar). Choosing the first option makes John leave the house in the end and survive, while choosing "please help me" will make him stay and die.

That seems to be the only trigger for his death

John can’t be killed if Andrew and John is the only one that’s still alive by the time you step in the house (you need someone with you in the final past scene where the vicar is condemning Mary as the witch.) You can kill him in the house garden where Angela and John battles their demons by failing their QTEs, as long you either have Taylor or Daniel with you. If it’s just John, he’ll be invincible until you step in the house.

If you get him to plead for Andrew to save him, and once you have saved Mary, the demon will come out and kill John. Being selfish, not heroic is how you trigger the death inside the house.

You don’t need the gun to be with Andrew at the end. If you have the gun, don’t shoot at the demon behind Vince outside the church and let him see Andrew eye to eye. (Andrew will get arrested if you shoot behind Vince and refuse to see him at all while inside the church.)

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1