22, 16, or 10 race season? R&D

Degnan-

This one takes a while and there’s no way around it; one and a half seasons minimum.  For your first play through, do a 22 race season and max out all of the practice programs.  Always get pole and always come in first place.  Focus on either your aero or chassis packages as they don’t have upgrades that are locked until your 2nd, 3rd, 4th season.  Also, make sure you buy at least 1 upgrade in each section.  You’ll always get hit with a rule change going into your second season requiring you to reinvest in upgrades you’ve already purchased in order to keep them. If the upgrades that are hit aren’t in the tree you’re focusing on, then you can ignore them and save yourself some research points.  For your second play through, you can ignore the practice programs and do whatever length you want. You’ll get the trophy before you finish no matter how many races you pick.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a full season with 22 races and another one at 10 races to get all the R&D and money I needed for the plat. On most tracks you should have enough time in 1 practice session to do all the R&D programs except the race pace one.

I had to sim another 10 race season to be able to offer a top driver a contract, because I forgot to upgrade facilities in time so they were not interested yet. Oops.

Anyway, I have no idea how the guide has this game at 45 hours. Easiest and fastest F1 plat to date. I think it only took me around 25 hours and if you boost the 50 online races in a 3-lap league instead of public lobbies then it should be even faster.

• 8 months later...
On 9.11.2020 at 2:36 PM, Andre1993 said:

I went for 10 races. In every race I skipped practice, finished on pole and got the race victory plus fastest lap. 
At the end of season 2 I was able to fully upgrade the R&D tree and facilities for durability.

So how did you get enough rp without practice programmes with 20 races?

Is it enough selecting the activites which gives rp?