The Game Developers Blacklist

DrBloodmoney

Does anyone out there had an experience so negative with a game or trophy that they have sworn never to buy another game by a specific developer?

Maybe a broken game they never fixed, or a trophy so ridiculous its virtually impossible or so dull you cant bring yourself to do it? Maybe a refusal to acknowledge a glitch or customer service that sucked?

Personally I will never buy another game by either Fun Bits (due to the 'Challenge Accepted' trophy in Escape Plan) or VooFoo Studios (Due to the 'King of the Skies' trophy for Big Sky Infinity - which I actually got, but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I will never give them more money!)

I don't actually, but EA really pissed me off with the fifa 13 trophy where you had to pull an inform player in a FUT pack, completely luck based, someone could get an Inform in the first pack they open and someone else could open a thousand packs and never get an inform player, it's amazing how stupid that trophy actually is, how it actually got onto the trophy list is quite incredible, easily the worst trophy I've ever seen so far just based on the fact that's just incredibly stupid. 

As for Devs, who were the guys who made War Z? They're fucking disgusting xD

• Like 1

I don't actually, but EA really pissed me off with the fifa 13 trophy where you had to pull an inform player in a FUT pack, completely luck based, someone could get an Inform in the first pack they open and someone else could open a thousand packs and never get an inform player, it's amazing how stupid that trophy actually is, how it actually got onto the trophy list is quite incredible, easily the worst trophy I've ever seen so far just based on the fact that's just incredibly stupid. 

That happened to me.

A friend of mine got a TOTW player in his first pack. I never got one after opeening loads of packs

I had never heard of tuat trophy (not a fifa player) but yeah, that sounds fucking disgusting.

EA also fucked me, by removing the website for mask creation in Army of Two 2, and turning it into a fucking marketing website for AoT3. Thus making one trophy impossible and therefore the platinum impossible.

I had never heard of tuat trophy (not a fifa player) but yeah, that sounds fucking disgusting.

EA also fucked me, by removing the website for mask creation in Army of Two 2, and turning it into a fucking marketing website for AoT3. Thus making one trophy impossible and therefore the platinum impossible.

Basically what we're trying to say is EA fucking suck xD

• Like 2

Well they didn't force you to get the trophies.

I guess I don't understand now that I don't care as much for trophies.

With all due respect, why use ths site if you dont care about trophies? Its a trophy hunters leaderboard

I care about trophes when companies use tham as a way of artificially extending the length of thier game (like the 100 hours trophy in Treasures of Montezuma - a game that gets dull after 3 or 4 hours) or where, like the fifa posters above me say,l and in cases like Dead Rising 2, a company uses trophy lust to try and force people to pay more money for dlc.Or like Crysis 2, where the 'play 6 months after your first game' trophy is just designed to stop people selling an otherwise completed game 2nd hand.

Those practices are scummy, and the developers should suffer for employing them

With all due respect, why use ths site if you dont care about trophies? Its a trophy hunters leaderboard

I care about trophes when companies use tham as a way of artificially extending the length of thier game (like the 100 hours trophy in Treasures of Montezuma - a game that gets dull after 3 or 4 hours) or where, like the fifa posters above me say,l and in cases like Dead Rising 2, a company uses trophy lust to try and force people to pay more money for dlc.Or like Crysis 2, where the 'play 6 months after your first game' trophy is just designed to stop people selling an otherwise completed game 2nd hand.

Those practices are scummy, and the developers should suffer for employing them

I cared about trophies, check my old account (remove the Vita from my name), I still care about them, but now I don't want to ruin the experience and look up a trophy guide every couple of times I play it.

I cared about trophies, check my old account (remove the Vita from my name), I still care about them, but now I don't want to ruin the experience and look up a trophy guide every couple of times I play it.

Exactly.

Me neither.

Which is precisely why, rather than looking up some trophy guide to ensure that o dont buy games that are impossiblee platinums, I just blacklist any developer that employes these practices, hence ensuring rhat over time I will weed out the developers that suck and ensure my enjoyment of the experience of the games I do play :)

Exactly.

Me neither.

Which is precisely why, rather than looking up some trophy guide to ensure that o dont buy games that are impossiblee platinums, I just blacklist any developer that employes these practices, hence ensuring rhat over time I will weed out the developers that suck and ensure my enjoyment of the experience of the games I do play :)

Yeah, but you don't have to plat them.

Yeah, but you don't have to plat them.

Yeah. I don't HAVE to buy them either.

Look, in the end, my whole point in this thread is that im putting my money where my mouth is and saying if developers are sleazy with trophies, they wont be getting my cash in future.

Im sorry if that offends you, or if you can't understand my reasoning, or if you think I should continue to buy games from developers that treat trophy hunters as chumps. I won't though.

You can spend your money however you like, im standing on principle on an issue I think could stand to be improved.

Will that be okay with you? :/

• Like 1

Yeah. I don't HAVE to buy them either.

Look, in the end, my whole point in this thread is that im putting my money where my mouth is and saying if developers are sleazy with trophies, they wont be getting my cash in future.

Im sorry if that offends you, or if you can't understand my reasoning, or if you think I should continue to buy games from developers that treat trophy hunters as chumps. I won't though.

You can spend your money however you like, im standing on principle on an issue I think could stand to be improved.

Will that be okay with you? :/

All I'm saying is that trophies should not affect someone's gaming.

Developers and publishers don't care about trophies, they'll just make a list and that's it.

But hey, it's your life, who am I to judge it.

• Like 1

As for Devs, who were the guys who made War Z? They're fucking disgusting xD

Fifa 13 reminded me that two of the Fifa games on the Wii are the EXACT SAME except that they changed the color of the socks and how the field was mowed. There wasn't any other changes minus who was on what team.

Valve: I just don't see what is so great about them, I have played Orange Box.. people worship Portal for being one of the most fun puzzle games ever.. seriously.. try Catherine.

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls is such a boring game.  Although they've got me with The Evil Within.. but Shinji Mikami is behind that so I'll expect it to be better than most of their own stuff.

NetherRealm: Their fighting games aren't great, feel clunky and not as smooth as Arc System Works or even some of Capcom's fighters.

Ninja Theory: For what they did to Devil May Cry.. and that I've played a couple of their other games and found them average for most part.

Capcom: Although I still like them for all the fighters and great games they got to us over the years, as of late, they have been doing nothing but ruining (they let Ninja Theory do what they did).  All be forgiven to this company if they just released Monster Hunter Frontier to EU or everywhere for that matter.

And the pretty damn obvious ones.. Activision (for milking series' until they're ruined), EA (pretty much for doing the same thing as Activision).

Overall, trophies don't affect my choices with any of these.

Valve: I just don't see what is so great about them, I have played Orange Box.. people worship Portal for being one of the most fun puzzle games ever.. seriously.. try Catherine.

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls is such a boring game.  Although they've got me with The Evil Within.. but Shinji Mikami is behind that so I'll expect it to be better than most of their own stuff.

NetherRealm: Their fighting games aren't great, feel clunky and not as smooth as Arc System Works or even some of Capcom's fighters.

Ninja Theory: For what they did to Devil May Cry.. and that I've played a couple of their other games and found them average for most part.

Capcom: Although I still like them for all the fighters and great games they got to us over the years, as of late, they have been doing nothing but ruining (they let Ninja Theory do what they did).  All be forgiven to this company if they just released Monster Hunter Frontier to EU or everywhere for that matter.

And the pretty damn obvious ones.. Activision (for milking series' until they're ruined), EA (pretty much for doing the same thing as Activision).

Overall, trophies don't affect my choices with any of these.

Holy fuck you went insane on black listing o,O Taking names and kicking ass when it comes the devs now huh?

Capcom is a ♥ of a publisher, they're gonna be dead soon anyway so who cares, they think the way forward is DLC -_- they are so fucked. 

I'm not to big on valve, granted I've not played their games but from the outside looking it, I can't see what the fuss is about, but I haven't played them so really i can't say shit,

but blacklisting is a little harsh? xD

Bethesda elder scrolls is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it, I take it you hate it.

As for ninja theory, I actually liked what they did with DMC I didn't like Dante change but that was all capcom, ninja theory was told to do that, so i don't blame them for that, that being said the game looks fucking spectacular, they always pop up with these random and beautiful games, it's almost unfair to black list them xD

You shouldn't blacklist devs for being average, my advice at least because occasionally those Average devs can bring something quite awesome to the table.

That's my take on it.

Dead Island kept corrupting my save files, so I vowed to never pre-order another Deep Silver game. No matter how bad-ass their trailers are.

Dead Island fucking sucks, the main characters were so shit so unrelatable, you listen to their bio and it's like 2 minutes of each character feeling sorry for themselves, the gameplay was decent I'll give 'em that, but the main characters were so fucking bad that when I found out they would be staying for riptide I didn't buy it and still haven't, dying light looks like it might be going the same way, the main characters sounds like a right cliche and extremely annoying (voice wise) I can't put up with that for 10 hours +  All my opinion of course, some of you probably hate me for my stance but that's how I feel, if you disagree that's great I'm happy you liked the game ;)

Also wtf was up with Riptides special edition? xD So cheap and nasty, everything about deep silver just annoys me, the last few games they've made have sucked for me at least, I'm a big story guy so yeah, when I found out the deep silver were making Dying light I immediately didn't want it, I saw gameplay, heard some characters and now I definitely don't want it. xD  

You shouldn't blacklist devs for being average, my advice at least because occasionally those Average devs can bring something quite awesome to the table.

That's my take on it.

I have pretty high expectations for games.  To me, Ninja Theory have put out nothing but average so far.  DmC was much too easy for the hard difficulty, old DMC's hard difficulty was much harder.  Learning the combos was also too easy.  My favorite Hack n' Slash developers are Platinum Games and Ninja Team, they make really awesome, challenging and fun games.

Someone needs to have Valve on their Blacklist ;)

From Software was on my blacklist for quite a while since that Eternal Ring game, but lately, they've impressed me with their Ninja Blade and Soul series, so there is the chance of one of these developers impressing me someday where I don't look so badly at them.

And yes, it would be sad to see Capcom go.. I liked them but since they took the attitude towards sales (DS:R sales were too low so they said DSIV is probably not going to happen now..), and the DLC.. SF X Tekken's was ridiculous.  It's no wonder they are going the way they are.

Edited by TakahashiDemon