The Game Developers Blacklist

DrBloodmoney

Bethesda- Skyrim was the last piece of crap I buy from them. All their games have basically the same problems too. Open world with a bland environment, glitches at every turn, PS2 level animations, terrible voice acting, repetitive fetch quests, and a boring story (Although Fallout's isn't too bad).

I have pretty high expectations for games.  To me, Ninja Theory have put out nothing but average so far.  DmC was much too easy for the hard difficulty, old DMC's hard difficulty was much harder.  Learning the combos was also too easy.  My favorite Hack n' Slash developers are Platinum Games and Ninja Team, they make really awesome, challenging and fun games.

Someone needs to have Valve on their Blacklist ;)

From Software was on my blacklist for quite a while since that Eternal Ring game, but lately, they've impressed me with their Ninja Blade and Soul series, so there is the chance of one of these developers impressing me someday where I don't look so badly at them.

You just seem like a really fucking tough person to please  xD

your points are valid sure, and yeah I guess someone has got to blacklist valve, I guess you're taking one for the team there,

but damn o,O just they way you describe it, so you don't look so badly at them? :huh:  All ninja theory did was make a slightly too easy hack n slash..

I guess trying to mainstream it would piss some Hard core fans off  :hmm:

But Jesus christ woman, God bless devs everywhere, they're gonna need it with you around  :awesome:

Bethesda- Skyrim was the last piece of crap I buy from them. All their games have basically the same problems too. Open world with a bland environment, glitches at every turn, PS2 level animations, terrible voice acting, repetitive fetch quests, and a boring story (Although Fallout's isn't too bad).

I agree with everything and Fallout 3 is my favorite game all of time xD They nail atmosphere correctly, some side stories are arguably better then the main story, also fetch quests are just natural in a open world free roam game to be honest, they want you to explore, they want you to get lost and find some random vault with a bunch of Gary clones, voice acting is terrible... at times, your dad is played by God himself, Liam Neeson and Three Dog is excellent, random non story based NPC's are fucking shit though xD I'm talking about Fallout 3 though obviously, skyrim, I like it, but the massive population all being arnold schwarzenegger impressionists it just stupid.

They bugs when the games release are fucking terrible, they've been making the same mistakes over and over it's amazing how they still make them. 

You just seem like a really fucking tough person to please  xD

your points are valid sure, and yeah I guess someone has got to blacklist valve, I guess you're taking one for the team there,

but damn o,O just they way you describe it, so you don't look so badly at them? :huh:  All ninja theory did was make a slightly too easy hack n slash..

I guess trying to mainstream it would piss some Hard core fans off  :hmm:

But Jesus christ woman, God bless devs everywhere, they're gonna need it with you around  :awesome:

Yes, I am a really fucking tough person to please :P

That's exactly what Ninja Theory did.. I don't like the easy stuff, while I know that is what will get the genre out to more people though..

1/2 the time I buy a game I'm not even sure who the developer is lol. Looks like fun and I'll get it, how fun it really is, is the deciding factor on if I go for the Platinum or not.

^^ I'm pretty much like this.

I don't like EA, however, I have bought some of their games in the past.  Command and Conquer and Brutal Legends are two of their bad ass games.  I hate Capcom and yet I play SSF4 all the time.  I think it just depends on how good the game is to me.  I have yet to find a reason to overlook a good game due to how shitty a developer's business model is.

mine should goes to

Capcom, RE6 was their last game i played so far, i don't know a lot's of peoples are saying  RE revelation HD is good.... before released RE6 they've said the same to RE6 but when i played it...it's not.  

ubisoft,  had to return to them for rayman origins / legend and watchdogs.

EA, dead space 3 is the last game i played from their published games.

high impact games.

mercury steam, i might skip lord of shadows 2 but it's better to wait and see.  

I hate EA, but I still wind up getting something of theirs. At least if you count Dragon Age and Mass Effect DLC theirs though it's probably BioWare. BioWare is pretty close to my blacklist though, but we'll see how Dragon Age: Inquisition goes.

Crytek takes the cake though, you couldn't pay me to play a game of theirs again.

Ah yeah, that's another one. I caved in and got Crysis 2 because everyone said it was awesome but it was just a flashy graphics engine disguised as a first-person shooter. I didn't even bother to finish it.

• Like 2

EA, I hate them and their business practices. Absorbing small companies that made good games, milking everything they can out of them and closing them down.

If I want a game from EA like Dragon Age, I'll make sure I buy it pre-owned so they see nothing of my money.

Activision for the same reason.

Bethesda: I enjoy their games but I refuse to buy any until at least 6 months after release because they're so broken and buggy. Look how long it took PS3 to get Skyrim DLC. They're the banner boys of ''Release a game, finish it later.''

• Like 2

This is a website for trophy hunters.

You need to ask that?

Actually, the majority of the active members here are far more into gaming than they are into hunting for trophies. Yeah, Sly has given us the tools to track trophies and make it easier to hunt for them, but the forums are filled with gamers who love to game and couldn't care less about trophies. I'm one of those people and I think it is immensely silly to buy or play a game simply for trophies, but it is your money and time so even though I think it is silly you're more than free to do what you enjoy. If you enjoy trophies more than actual games, more power to you. 

As far as blacklisting developers, I don't really have a list. I look at and research games I'm interested in and in these days it is pretty simple to see if you'll enjoy a game or not. Bethesda is about the only developer I have decided not to buy games on release from now on because of their awful history of bugs and glitches. Trophies aren't even something I remotely consider when making game purchases because with a wife and kid my gaming time is very limited and I'll be enjoying my games instead of forcing myself to play them for virtual trophies. 

Parker

Dead Island kept corrupting my save files, so I vowed to never pre-order another Deep Silver game. No matter how bad-ass their trailers are.

I agree, DI kept crashing my PS3 all the bloody time. Shame I'd already bought DI:Riptide, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it after that experience - also the person I was going to play with decided they didn't want to play it again, having completed it previously - I can understand that!

Still, I did buy them second hand :)

I wouldn't go as far to not buy a game based on trophies, and I wouldn't blacklist a developer or publisher altogether but there are a few that I'd prefer instead wait and buy cheap second hand or at bargain bin prices, Bethesda games for how broken they can be, Ubisoft at least for Assassins Creed because of how they churn them out every year and I find the DLC is overpriced, and Activision in the case of Call of Duty because despite all the negativity I think they are still good games just not worth the initial asking price.