New Update Nov.6 - Solo Tours, more Challenges & Crash 4 Crossover

Edit: The Update is officially live. 

Link to original Activision's Blog Post

First-ever crossover between Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk. New Crash-themed in-game items including nine shirts, three hats, and one skateboard deck.

When? Available tomorrow, November 6 at 8am PST on all platforms. 

Shred with Each Skater in Solo Tours

With this update you can now replay the Tours mode – that’s the THPS 1 and THPS 2 Tours – with individual skaters.

At the start of each Solo Tour, all Goals and Medals are reset, allowing you to re-complete them while collecting those sweet, sweet Stat Points to max out your skater.

Complete every skater’s Solo Tour and you can consider yourself a G.O.A.T. when it comes to those single-player goals. Don’t worry about your progress in previous Tours; the current Tours mode will be moved to “Crew Tours.” If you completed these Tours, then you’ll find that 100% status here, and if not, then consider Crew Tours a great way to play through the O.G. THPS 1 and THPS 2 Career modes with a variety of skaters.

Challenge and Tuning Updates

On top of all this Vicarious Visions added in over 100 new Challenges across 10 new Challenge Sets. Expect to find new objectives around the new Solo Tour mode, Multiplayer, Classic Park Challenges that involve hitting new high scores, Create-a-Park Combo Challenges, and Combo Practice Challenges, a set of challenges designed for skaters to practice combos and critical skating skills needed to shred in Tours or Multiplayer. Those Challenges come with plenty of XP and Cash, which Vicarious Visions tuned on an overall level that should help you reach Level 100!

All skaters will find themselves a bit less strapped for Cash to spend at the Skate Shop, while skilled skaters will earn XP at a higher rate in line with their epic abilities!

The other major tuning pass applies to Multiplayer playlists; both Jams and Competitive will better randomize Parks and Scores, adding a bit more variety for your next online session.

The Birdman Pack – Support The Skatepark Project with Classic and New Decks

Grab 10 decks for your Create-a-Skater with The Birdman Pack, created in collaboration with The Skatepark Project to support their mission of creating public skateparks in underserved communities.

This Pack includes classic and additional boards from Birdhouse and Powell-Peralta and a new TSP deck created specifically for charity. 

Only available for a limited time for $4.99 USD and all proceeds will go towards Charity.

--------
Thanks to @sXe_SiC_ for pointing out the Blog from Activision :)

Edited by Pendaemonium
i refined my post (5x times or so xd) made it better containing more info
  • Like 3

Good idea to let you replay goals for other skaters. It gives you more of a reason to get those stat points than just replaying level after level just fod stat points

19 minutes ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

This is the important part: 

"Vicarious Visions added in over 100 new Challenges across 10 new Challenge Sets. Expect to find new objectives around the new Solo Tour mode, Multiplayer, Classic Park Challenges that involve hitting new high scores, Create-a-Park Combo Challenges, and Combo Practice Challenges, a set of challenges designed for skaters to practice combos and critical skating skills needed to shred in Tours or Multiplayer.

Those Challenges come with plenty of XP and Cash, which Vicarious Visions tuned on an overall level that should help you reach Level 100! All skaters will find themselves a bit less strapped for Cash to spend at the Skate Shop, while skilled skaters will earn XP at a higher rate in line with their epic abilities!"

source

Music to my plat chasing ears this

• Like 2

Great news ive actually put the game down for the past month or so because i couldnt for the life of me get the kicker to railspan gap knowing i still need the hard get theres conbined with that gap i lost motivation. Then the thought of the lvl 100 grind turned me off. This however might just get me back into it

16 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

Great news ive actually put the game down for the past month or so because i couldnt for the life of me get the kicker to railspan gap knowing i still need the hard get theres conbined with that gap i lost motivation. Then the thought of the lvl 100 grind turned me off. This however might just get me back into it

I know what you mean. I would have hated a level related trophy to be a plat blocker for me after doing over 500 gaps and the hard get theres but maybe the plat wont be out of reach after all. Like you said i would never have done this grind. I was happy just to put this to one side and pray they would give us something to help with this massive grind.

Loved every moment of this game and up to now my goty

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any increase XP gain or any significant XP for challenges that helps the grind to level 100. Pretty disappointing. Most of the new challenges only give cash and not XP.

For completing ALL the tours for all skaters you get a measly 5,000 XP. There is a challenge for completing all playlist challenges for online MP which gives you 8,000 XP. Then some XP for having popular created parks. Again, nothing that significant that really reduces the grind to 100 all that much. 

EDIT: See post below. Total XP is boosted a bit for 1 million, but nothing more. Still not that helpful overall. 

Edited by TMC2k1

7 minutes ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

Total score XP boosted. got 150XP for only 1M points.

Was just gonna post that. Looks like max MP is now 150 XP. No more than that for more which is unfortunate. Should have more for every million after. A million points is still nothing for veterans. 

I'm doing the grinding method posted about MP private match. Did 1 million goal with all mods on and double base score mod. Getting 300 XP per run. Should cut the grind roughly in half as before I was getting 150 I believe. 

Edited by TMC2k1

5 minutes ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

This "End of Round Bonus" is a new thing? If yes, this is a huge XP boost. (pic from reddit)

8zzween5dnx51.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=

Yeah, I believe that's new. It's definitely nice when starting the game fresh, but not from a grinding perspective post game to get to level 100. You'd have to wait two minutes to get that 300 XP. You can get 300 XP in about 10 seconds with the boosting method I mentioned above. Still great for newcomers though. 

Would be nice if that end of round bonus was granted online. It might be for longer sessions (haven't checked), but not for private match combo or score challenge. 

Edited by TMC2k1

1 minute ago, TMC2k1 said:

It's definitely nice when starting the game fresh

, but not from a grinding perspective post game to get to level 100. You'd have to wait two minutes to get that 300 XP. You can get 300 XP in about 10 seconds with the boosting method I mentioned above. 

Oh, nice, thanks! I platted the game 1,5months ago, totally forget the exact numbers.

Good luck everyone!

34 minutes ago, TMC2k1 said:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any increase XP gain or any significant XP for challenges that helps the grind to level 100. Pretty disappointing. Most of the new challenges only give cash and not XP.

For completing ALL the tours for all skaters you get a measly 5,000 XP. There is a challenge for completing all playlist challenges for online MP which gives you 8,000 XP. Then some XP for having popular created parks. Again, nothing that significant that really reduces the grind to 100 all that much. 

This is very dissapointing

I’ve noticed that the kissed the rail exploit (?) where you hold triangle while going around doesn’t seem to be working anymore. That’s gonna make the combo score trophies harder and affect the current macro strategy. I’ll need to update the guide when I can get on my PC.

Edited by Charizarzar

15 minutes ago, Rubruben95 said:

Is it just me or is there no xp gain from private mp matches anymore? they just added 150xp to million point combo and removed xp gain from winning.

I'm doing private match score challenge 1 million. Getting 150 XP for the total score and 150 XP for a 1 million + combo for a combined total of 300 XP. Takes roughly eight seconds once the timer starts for me to do this. 

They did remove some XP gain from previous grinding where you could get 150 XP just for doing private match 250k score challenge, but now there's opportunity to get double the amount of XP for a few more seconds of work so it's not too bad. 

Edited by TMC2k1

8 minutes ago, TMC2k1 said:

I'm doing private match score challenge 1 million. Getting 150 XP for the total score and 150 XP for a 1 million + combo for a combined total of 300 XP. Takes roughly eight seconds once the timer starts for me to do this. 

They did remove some XP gain from previous grinding where you could get 150 XP just for doing private match 250k score challenge, but now there's opportunity to get double the amount of XP for a few more seconds of work so it's not too bad. 

Thank you, I was still doing combo challenge and couldn't understand how you were getting the 300 total xp. guess the grind won't be as bad now.

2 minutes ago, Rubruben95 said:

Thank you, I was still doing combo challenge and couldn't understand how you were getting the 300 total xp. guess the grind won't be as bad now.

No problem. This works for combo challenge 1 million as well. No difference in XP. 

Just ensure to turn on all the mods and the cheat for double base score to do it as fast as possible. 

Edited by TMC2k1