Cross-save Trophies from PS4 to PS5

Anke

I started playing when the game first came out for ps4 since I didnt expect to get lucky on release day for ps5, but only got 1 trophy and maybe 3 hours or so in. I was able to snag a ps5 today though so It sucks to have a 1% progress leftover but i think with how big of a grind Valhalla will be, I'll just play through and plat the ps5 one and let ps4 sit undone.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:02 PM, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

I started playing when the game first came out for ps4 since I didnt expect to get lucky on release day for ps5, but only got 1 trophy and maybe 3 hours or so in. I was able to snag a ps5 today though so It sucks to have a 1% progress leftover but i think with how big of a grind Valhalla will be, I'll just play through and plat the ps5 one and let ps4 sit undone.

Play the ps4 version next year or something or when you run out of games.

Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake here, and before my PS4 goes into a box for the final time, can someone confirm:

Does playing the PS4 version on a PS5 earn PS4 trophies?

Perhaps more specifically, can I continue my game from PS4 and keep picking up trophies.

Edited by Anke

On 19/11/2020 at 2:58 AM, TJ_Solo said:

Yes. I am playing the PS4 version on PS5 and I am getting PS4 trophies...granted I am still in the first area with just 1 trophy so far.

But i have to play the PS4 version, or i can play with the upgrade (like better visuals/60 fps)... ??

On 21-11-2020 at 11:21 AM, Natsuu24 said:

But i have to play the PS4 version, or i can play with the upgrade (like better visuals/60 fps)... ??

You have to play the ps4 version to continue your trophies. When you get the ps5 upgrade you get a new trophy list. 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:10 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

nothing autopopped for me 1f914.png

Edit: they finally did after a couple of minutes of running around - but not all of them that i have on ps4

Yeah same happened to me. Most of them autopopped except for four or of five of them. I am happy they did. 

I wonder what caused some not to pop. I would maybe guess it has something to do with losing an online connection while earning those trophies? Who knows?

I should also note that the trophy popping seems to work both ways. I went back to PS4 and earned the cairn trophy, booted that save from the cloud, and it popped on PS5 once I did one side mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah same happened to me. Most of them autopopped except for four or of five of them. I am happy they did. 

I wonder what caused some not to pop. I would maybe guess it has something to do with losing an online connection while earning those trophies? Who knows?

I should also note that the trophy popping seems to work both ways. I went back to PS4 and earned the cairn trophy, booted that save from the cloud, and it popped on PS5 once I did one side mission.

Really? That is what I would like to do because I would like to continue the game on PS5 but to have autopop on PS4.

Edited by OverHypedG

10 hours ago, OverHypedG said:

Really? That is what I would like to do because I would like to continue the game on PS5 but to have autopop on PS4.

I was in the same boat and was curious. I wanted to play on the stronger system but I wanted to have a completed game. 

So I tested it. I played and reviewed the game on PS4 before it came out. I transferred that save to the PS5 version through Ubisoft's cloud system. I played for an hour or so on PS5 and then did the three cairn trophy on PS5. I went back to the PS4 version, continued that save from the PS5, and did one side mission and then the cairn trophy popped on PS4 too.

The last patch seems to have added auto popping trophies but the catch is that you have to use the cloud save and wait a bit. The PS4 trophies took about 10 minutes to pop for me and not all of them did. 

4 hours ago, Gamergirlxfr said:

Someone can confirm trophies auto-pop on PS5 ?

If I got the PS4 platinum, I just need to load my ubisoft save on PS5 and platinum auto-pop ?

I can confirm they do (check my profile and see that most of the PS5 ones popped at the same time) but there seems to be a catch. Not all of my trophies auto popped. Most did but five didn't. There was no consistency over what popped and what didn't. There were a couple story ones there didn't as well as some general one like assassinating 10 people in a row without getting caught. 

You also have to wait around 10 minutes for them to actually pop. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I can confirm they do (check my profile and see that most of the PS5 ones popped at the same time) but there seems to be a catch. Not all of my trophies auto popped. Most did but five didn't. There was no consistency over what popped and what didn't. There were a couple story ones there didn't as well as some general one like assassinating 10 people in a row without getting caught. 

You also have to wait around 10 minutes for them to actually pop. 

Ok, but you didn't have the platinum, so I don't know what trophies will not pop exactly. 

Because if it just some various alright, I don't want to clear all territories again for exemple...

2 hours ago, Gamergirlxfr said:

Ok, but you didn't have the platinum, so I don't know what trophies will not pop exactly. 

Because if it just some various alright, I don't want to clear all territories again for exemple...

Correct. I don't have the platinum. I think what you should do is create a manual save before you do some of these more time consuming trophies. That way you can maybe transfer it yourself to the other system and check off the last one manually instead of banking on it to auto pop.

For example, make a hard save before you collect the last collectible in the last area. That way you will have something to go back to if it doesn't auto pop on the other system.