Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay Trophy/Achievement Thoughts

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

Oh look, another kids game this year. This was based on the TV series that was from Nick Jr. There is two stackable list for that game. NA and EU versions. Also, It's going to be an extremely easy platinum.

Difficulty: 2/10

Time: 5-10 hours.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/paw-patrol-mighty-pups-save-adventure-bay/achievements/

Edited by x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

8 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I worry for the soul of someone that doesn't play a game like this with a younger relative.

Because playing a game based on a children's cartoon is the main reason I'm going to hell. Sorry dude, but Paw Patrol has to get in line like the rest of my vices.

• Like 4

Phew, I dunno... At first glance I'm going with 9/10 difficulty and 100 hour plat. I mean find every pup treat and collectible from every level, let alone finishing the game?! ?

Haha in all seriousness tho, I never played the first one either. But given the audience it is catering too, coupled with the trophy descriptions, I imagine it probably won't be crazy hard or anything. I'd be surprised if the plat makes it into uncommon % territory, tbh. 

Time to make this  game platinum 100(Not really though I have another game in mind for that one).
 Maybe I'll do it for trophy 6,000 or platinum 125 though haven't decided on that. 
Kind of curious as to what that other region stack is though.

Edited by Nightstream88

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

I worry for the soul of someone that doesn't play a game like this with a younger relative.

I worry for the kids who are forced to play this instead of a good game. If it’s anything like the first one it will be terrible, boring, and lifeless. If they’re too young to do more than move right and jump endlessly with zero real timing required and zero failure states, then you can just pretend they’re playing a better game by lying to them by giving them a controller that’s off. 

these games wouldn’t be so offensive if they were $5. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I worry for the kids who are forced to play this instead of a good game. If it’s anything like the first one it will be terrible, boring, and lifeless. If they’re too young to do more than move right and jump endlessly with zero real timing required and zero failure states, then you can just pretend they’re playing a better game by lying to them by giving them a controller that’s off. 

these games wouldn’t be so offensive if they were $5. 

Relax.
Paw Patrol’s audience is 3-5 year olds. They don’t need a tough game for a challenge. They just like seeing the characters on screen. The first game was not made to entertain adults. Some people have the toughest time coming to grips with the fact that there might be other audiences besides them that game developers might cater to. 

• Like 2

Just platinumed this today basically took me 4 hours. I haven't played something this dull in a long time with very little content for and gives zero challenge and being impossible to fail a level and only has one enemy you actually "fight" i just found myself questioning how the dogs even have the authority to have these jobs by a child let alone a dog being able to summon and control a tornado 

38 minutes ago, ScottishNub said:

Just platinumed this today basically took me 4 hours. I haven't played something this dull in a long time with very little content for and gives zero challenge and being impossible to fail a level and only has one enemy you actually "fight" i just found myself questioning how the dogs even have the authority to have these jobs by a child let alone a dog being able to summon and control a tornado 

Doesn’t sound like you are familiar with the show. But your take on it means it’s a perfect game for my kid!

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Doesn’t sound like you are familiar with the show. But your take on it means it’s a perfect game for my kid!

I've had to watch a few episodes with my nephew since he loves it and I'm just puzzled with the stuff they can do. And I'm sure many children who love paw patrol will love the game

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Relax.
Paw Patrol’s audience is 3-5 year olds. They don’t need a tough game for a challenge. They just like seeing the characters on screen. The first game was not made to entertain adults. Some people have the toughest time coming to grips with the fact that there might be other audiences besides them that game developers might cater to. 

I didn't say they need a tough game, or a challenge. Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't challenging, or punishing, it has infinite lives if you fall, you just lose some gems. And it's actually a good game. Even has co-op.

"it's for kids" translates to, "I think kids are brainlets, and who cares about their dumb asses or their development of skills? Fuck 'em"  Some people have the toughest time coming to grips with the fact that something intended for children can be terrible, and that it being for kids isn't a defense against something being terrible. Those same people are the ones who make your shit argument who have zero respect for children while pretending you do by defending shitty content just because it's aimed at them.

Kids can enjoy a good game. Sorry you're too simple minded to understand such a complex subject matter. If you want to argue strawmen then go talk in the mirror and leave me out of your delusions.

And again, if they're so young they struggle to even move and jump which is all these shit games really require then you can trick them into thinking they're playing LittleBigPlanet instead. Literally zero reason to buy these awful games. There are better flash platformers out there for free.

5 hours ago, ScottishNub said:

Should've listened to me~

Edited by Elvick_

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I didn't say they need a tough game, or a challenge. Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't challenging, or punishing, it has infinite lives if you fall, you just lose some gems. And it's actually a good game. Even has co-op.

"it's for kids" translates to, "I think kids are brainlets, and who cares about their dumb asses or their development of skills? Fuck 'em"  Some people have the toughest time coming to grips with the fact that something intended for children can be terrible, and that it being for kids isn't a defense against something being terrible. Those same people are the ones who make your shit argument who have zero respect for children while pretending you do by defending shitty content just because it's aimed at them.

Kids can enjoy a good game. Sorry you're too simple minded to understand such a complex subject matter. If you want to argue strawmen then go talk in the mirror and leave me out of your delusions.

And again, if they're so young they struggle to even move and jump which is all these shit games really require then you can trick them into thinking they're playing LittleBigPlanet instead. Literally zero reason to buy these awful games. There are better flash platformers out there for free.

What is your problem man jesus just calm down some kids who are 5 or under want to have fun and play as their favorite pup not play a challenging game for their age. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I’m glad your not my parent. Because your missing a ton of skills that make good parenting. Best of luck to you in finding those positive traits. 

18 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Just giving you the perspective of a parent here:

My 4 years old daughter absolutely loves the paw patrol game (the first one, this one I have yet to buy for her).

She has been playing since she is 3 and this game served as her training wheels into gaming, what you consider as boring or un-challenging for her is the biggest challenge there is as she doesn't know how to play a video game yet.

Her brain needs to adopt to what it means to press a button or the timing it takes to make a jump (not to mention a double jump).

My proudest moment as a father was seeing her beat the "hardest" level in paw patrol on her own without me helping her climbing the stairs formation, the sheer amount of joy she got from realizing she has mastered the level was astonishing.

The level of improvement she got in a year of gaming (with just one game to play) is simply amazing and the fact it was under a brand she knows and loves gave her the motivation to keep on trying to get better, I tried to expose her to other game but she never got hooked on them.

It actually took a lot of crying and frustration on her part (and patient on my side to not jump in and "solve" the level for her) before she has reached this level and I do appreciate games like this that allows my daughter to fall in love with gaming in the same manner I love them.

So, your view on this is wrong at its base, because these game do take the skill of their players in consideration and understand how to develop them.

It's the same as learning to write, you start by tracing the same letter over and over again. 

Here it's the same, she got better because she repeatedly played the same experience over and over again.

You are not the user of this game so you just don't get it, but for kids this is exactly what they need in order to learn how to play video games.

It's not a matter of easy game vs. hard game but rather a matter of repetition of the same principals with small incremental increase in difficulty each level.

In the end this is a game for kids, adults don't have to play this game...

• Like 2