Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay Trophy/Achievement Thoughts

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

1 minute ago, jon88_il said:

It actually took a lot of crying and frustration on her part (and patient on my side to not jump in and "solve" the level for her)

I went through the same experience when my three year old decided he wanted to play the first Rayman. He got so frustrated because running and jumping at the same time is a lot to coordinate as a three year old who has definitely not mastered hand/eye coordination yet. 

These games serve a purpose. Even if that purpose doesn’t apply to everyone. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 11:36 AM, Elvick_ said:

I didn't say they need a tough game, or a challenge. Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't challenging, or punishing, it has infinite lives if you fall, you just lose some gems. And it's actually a good game. Even has co-op.

"it's for kids" translates to, "I think kids are brainlets, and who cares about their dumb asses or their development of skills? Fuck 'em"  Some people have the toughest time coming to grips with the fact that something intended for children can be terrible, and that it being for kids isn't a defense against something being terrible. Those same people are the ones who make your shit argument who have zero respect for children while pretending you do by defending shitty content just because it's aimed at them.

Kids can enjoy a good game. Sorry you're too simple minded to understand such a complex subject matter. If you want to argue strawmen then go talk in the mirror and leave me out of your delusions.

And again, if they're so young they struggle to even move and jump which is all these shit games really require then you can trick them into thinking they're playing LittleBigPlanet instead. Literally zero reason to buy these awful games. There are better flash platformers out there for free.

The difference between the kids of my generation and these kids today is we were raised on games that were difficult by design. Even Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario World proved quite difficult at times, as very young impressionable kids we were taught that we couldn't win everything all the time. We had to work towards getting better, and when we finally overcome the fourth castle in Super Mario World we were overjoyed.

Today the games are marketed to where any kid can easily beat them, and that's what Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay is in a nutshell. If you ask me, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are perfect games for kids to play, but those are old and are irrelevant. Nintendo is one of the few companies that knows how to make reasonable games that are decent for the kids to play. Grownups can enjoy them too. It's just that even though I think modern Nintendo games are easy, they still aren't walk in the parks. Paw Patrol in contrast is a walk in the park.

Giving kids participation awards is a bad practice and it needs to stop. A lot of mobile games and stuff like Paw Patrol are basically participation awards for kids. Everybody wins, and that sets a very bad example for when they grow up later in life and have to start living on their own with work and expenses.