PS5 Tells You How Long You've Played Games

Ghost

This is welcomed.

Would this count time spent in one of the menus for example without actually playing the game?  Or when the game is paused.

I imagine so but curious as sometimes I boot a game up but get distracted by something on TV only to come back to it an hour later.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, djb5f said:

This is welcomed.

Would this count time spent in one of the menus for example without actually playing the game?  Or when the game is paused.

I imagine so but curious as sometimes I boot a game up but get distracted by something on TV only to come back to it an hour later.

I'm pretty sure it just counts running time of a game/app when visible on screen. That means, when you pause a game, the timer won't stop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I wonder if you have to allow Sony to collect Service Data and Additional Data for this to work, because I turned that shit off a long time ago. I wasn't even included in their 2019 Wrap-Up.

In fact, the reason You weren't included was because You turned that shit off.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:15 AM, deeps_rj said:

A third party site added this feature recently, it's surprisingly accurate. idk if I can mention other sites here tho

If it's the site I'm thinking of it was horribly inaccurate on a few of my games. It put me at 11 hours for Skyrim VR when my save file is sitting at 41 hours. It's also off by 100 hours for FF12.

Edited by Sn1per666999