Ghost

PS5 Tells You How Long You've Played Games

17 posts in this topic

yay finally something i've wanted on Playstation forever LOL prob won't work with playstation now(PS3) but this is awesome :)

This is welcomed.

Would this count time spent in one of the menus for example without actually playing the game?  Or when the game is paused.

I imagine so but curious as sometimes I boot a game up but get distracted by something on TV only to come back to it an hour later.

Edited by djb5f

14 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Here's a screenshot of it from Greg Miller's UI walkthrough

nFAvCqo.png

The accolade thing is exactly as Overwatch's endorsement system, doesn't mean shit but the idea is cool

It's weird how the article mentions Rez Infinite among the the multiplayer games and the long RPG as something that would have lots of hours.

A third party site added this feature recently, it's surprisingly accurate. idk if I can mention other sites here tho

50 minutes ago, djb5f said:

This is welcomed.

Would this count time spent in one of the menus for example without actually playing the game?  Or when the game is paused.

I imagine so but curious as sometimes I boot a game up but get distracted by something on TV only to come back to it an hour later.

I'm pretty sure it just counts running time of a game/app when visible on screen. That means, when you pause a game, the timer won't stop.

Holy shit, nice, I was looking for such feature. This fan-made counting thingy is good, but I think it counts time even if you are in console menu while game is running.

Edited by Cerber108

Glad to see we finally have access to this stat. No reason we couldn't have had this feature on PS4 as well since they were clearly tracking time played in PS4 games, but whatever. This will be nice to have going forward.

i wonder if it counts the hours you play while offline or does it need to be connected to the servers to track

I wonder if you have to allow Sony to collect Service Data and Additional Data for this to work, because I turned that shit off a long time ago. I wasn't even included in their 2019 Wrap-Up.

6 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I wonder if you have to allow Sony to collect Service Data and Additional Data for this to work, because I turned that shit off a long time ago. I wasn't even included in their 2019 Wrap-Up.

In fact, the reason You weren't included was because You turned that shit off.

5 hours ago, Cerber108 said:

In fact, the reason You weren't included was because You turned that shit off.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I get that, but I'm wondering if this new feature is tied to Service/Additional Data collection as well.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:15 AM, deeps_rj said:

A third party site added this feature recently, it's surprisingly accurate. idk if I can mention other sites here tho

If it's the site I'm thinking of it was horribly inaccurate on a few of my games. It put me at 11 hours for Skyrim VR when my save file is sitting at 41 hours. It's also off by 100 hours for FF12.

Edited by Sn1per666999