Online multiplayer delayed

Ghost

Ned Waterhouse (Design Director, Sumo Digital)

ย 

Weโ€™ve made the difficult decision to delay the full online multiplayer functionality within Sackboy: A Big Adventure. The team have been working hard to ensure that online is the very best experience it can be for players and we just need a little more time to get it right so you can enjoy it to the fullest with your friends and family.ย 

ย 

Online multiplayer functionality will instead be coming via a patch by end of 2020. (Account for PSN and internet connection required.) This patch will also include:
ย 

• Cross-generation multiplayer where PS4 and PS5 users can play togetherย 
  • Game save transfers from PS4 to PS5**ย 
    ย 

On launch day youโ€™ll still be able to enjoy Sackboy with your household in offline couch co-op party play. 2-4 player parties can play through the whole game including unmissable co-op only levels.ย 

ย 

We understand this will be disappointing for those of you hoping to take advantage of the online multiplayer functionality at launch and appreciate the patience.ย 

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to celebrating the launch of Sackboy: A Big Adventure with you all next week!

ย 

Playstation Blog

Edited by Ghost

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

ย 

I get where your cynicism is coming from, but the LBP games generally have a good track record in this regard. Pretty sure even the original LBP PS3 servers are still kicking. Only exception was the kart racing game, I think.

ย 

That's a fair point. Maybe this one will fair better than most Sony titles.

10 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

So hold up.ย  If online isn't active yet, and some of these trophies require 4 players to obtain then that means we have to buy 3 extra controllers ($210) to get the plat.ย 

ย 

Or... you could just wait for online to be activated and save $210! According to my wife, any time you save over $200 it's amazing deal!

ย 

Thank you Sumo Digital, for possibility giving everyone the best deal yet on PS5 when you roll out online multiplayer?!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

So hold up.ย  If online isn't active yet, and some of these trophies require 4 players to obtain then that means we have to buy 3 extra controllers ($210) to get the plat.ย 

I have six controllers. xDย Also, looking at the descriptions, nothing specifically requires four players. However, looks can be deceiving.

On 09/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, MidnightDragon said:

I have six controllers. xDย Also, looking at the descriptions, nothing specifically requires four players. However, looks can be deceiving.

I know right? (2 controllers is enough for the buddy levels)ย 

ย 

I have 3 PS4's, got the first on release day. No exaggeration, we have 9 controllers in the house, and that's if you don't count the dodgy red one I got off eBay.

ย 

We didn't know the PS4 could only support 4 controllers when we got monopoly (6 players including CPUs) so we got 6. Then we bought berry blue, and 2 other blue variant ones.ย 

ย 

I would expect most people to have minimum of 2 so one is on charge, while the other is in use. Then surely people have a friend with 2 controllers nearby...ย 

ย 

PS4 version will be no worries for multiplayer, but as for the PS5 version, only have 2 controllers so far..ย 

Edited by TheMightyImp2

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

no it's not patched yet.

ย 

I finished the platinum today. You only need a second controller and most of levels can be obtained by yourself, controlling one controller at a time.ย 

ย 

They said December, so guess they still got 2 weeks.. Would be fun, could finally play with some buddies!ย 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

no it's not patched yet.

ย 

I finished the platinum today. You only need a second controller and most of levels can be obtained by yourself, controlling one controller at a time.ย 

ย 

Appreciate the reply. But I actually was hoping it'd be fixed so I could play with a buddy online. Guess I'll keep waiting.