Level system is terrible!

RiverBeaver

I am trying to kill the Snake Trader in episode 4,
I was a level 16 when the quest was recomended as level 17 and I could not defeat the guy. So I played some Stories for 2 hours that gave me a bunch of XP and stuff and I returned a level 21. Thinking I now should easily kill him. Guess what.... he appearently also leveled up. He is still to stong. What is the point of this level system if enemies also level up, and the level just blocks you out of the main quest.

How am I ever gonna continue this?
I can't defeat the guy, because he is too stong.  :-/
This might become the only Assassins Creed game that I will ditch before reaching the end of the story.

• Like 1

I am level 30 and have only really had issues at the beginning of the game when learning the combat. I am just now getting to Athens and only really have issues with mercenaries. 

Is your equipment the same level as you or lower? What difficulty are you on? Have you tried respecing your abilities?

Yeah, this is the Snake Dealer, not Trader. LoL
I am gonna try lure his up on that tower and kick him off.
That has too work.
My gear is about my level or 2 levels below.

He basicly kills me fast with his poison as well.
I am gonna see if I get the level scaling turned off, would be much better.

Edit:
Thanks you all for the tips, and tricks.
I lured him up on the tower, he seemed not to dare to go up at first so I kept shooting him from above with the 3 arrows.
Finally he did came up and I could air assassinate him to do a lot of damage. Then I climbed on the tower again and there I kicked/bull rushed him even more. After a epic 5 minutes fight he died. Happy I finally defeated him!

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I had the same difficulty with this guy More than 2-3 hours trying to killing him... Every time he was dominating me. Fortunately, I played 2-3 other missions, I found a legendary armor set and two weapons at my level and then this guy was a piece of cake...

46 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

You know what you need? The flame sword. That literally destroys every opponent you encounter no matter what their level is. Too op that thing is 1f606.png well back when I played it

Yeah that's what I used as well through the whole game. I think it was a Ubisoft Club reward too.

My experience for early on is that the Hero Strike ability +  the healing was able to get me over the hump of the early progress. A good tip I read was to respec your skill tree for a minimal cost and try the different abilities that suits your playstyle.

If anyone is getting hung up this early, I guarantee there will be issues in later fights down the line. 

As you are able to have different load-outs, Have different gear that specs specifically for the abilities you want to use, and easily switch out from fight to fight as needed. More warrior buffs for warrior abilities, etc. I mostly ignore the armor/damage rating on all equipment and spec towards the abilities I expect to use in a fight.

Cheesing the fight like OP did when suggested made me guess he got too frustrated and didn't complete the game... looking at his trophy history I was right,

The only issue I had early on was with the first battle between Sparta and Athens because there was a mercenary in there who was a pain in the ass. However, I figured out that you could kill him before the battle by doing some quests in the area and that made it much easier. Since difficulty doesn’t matter for Platinum, I suggest playing on Easy and just enjoy the story, there’s not much reason to play on higher difficulty unless you want an additional combat challenge. Also, weapons and abilities that can set enemies on fire help a lot, pretty much everything in the game doesn’t like burning.

The last AC game I enjoyed was Syndicate. In the newer games, the combat and leveling system suck. I don't like these "boss fights" either. What ever happened to sneaking into the enemy fort and finding a way to kill your target unnoticed? 

Edited by MrTacos98
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrTacos98 said:

The last AC game I enjoyed was Syndicate. In the newer games, the combat and leveling system suck. I don't like these "boss fights" either. What ever happened to sneaking into the enemy fort and finding a way to kill your target unnoticed? 

I think it depends on what sort of AC games you like. The older AC games were very linear with their Sequence/Memory approach so you basically just went along and did the story, or went off and grabbed collectibles (often waaay to many collectibles). Combat could be a bit of a pain, depending on the game, but it was mostly spamming the attack button until everything died. I’d say the stealth was more difficult in the older games since the environments were often more complex so while you could find one or more ways to sneak in and out, the odds of you being detected and having to restart a checkpoint were much higher. The 100% sync requirements could be a serious pain in the ass, especially in games like AC3 where you had to do them all in one playthrough of a memory.

In the new games the stealth is dead simple. You can use your bird to mark every enemy, and there’s so much ground cover and other places to hide that it’s easy to stealth your way through forts without ever being detected. Most of the environments are outdoors or open, so you’re not climbing through a medieval fortress or cathedral (at least not in Origins or Odyssey). Combat is probably simpler overall, and only really requires you to spam light or heavy attacks and maybe block if you feel the need. It’s definitely not as complicated as some of the earlier AC games. They got rid of all the modern world stuff aside from some very brief interludes, the got rid of eagle vision, eavesdropping and tail the target stuff, and of course ditched the 100% sync because you’re no longer playing specific memories you’re just doing quests.

Basically you could say they dumbed down the AC experience by moving to an open world concept just like Ubisoft has with their other franchise games, but in doing so they also made the game far more open and flexible in allowing the player to choose what they want to do. Personally I enjoyed both the old and new games, but I’m honestly not missing the 100% sync stuff along with a lot of the other nonsense that plagued some of the “old” games and made them feel like a real slog at times. There were a few of the older games where, by the time I got Platinum, I was totally sick of the game. I haven’t really felt that with the newer games, although there are times when you look at the world map and wonder how you’ll ever get it all done.

Also, what boss fights are there in the newer games? Aside from mini-boss side missions like the Minotaur or Medusa in Odyssey I don’t remember there being any of that really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swotam said:

I think it depends on what sort of AC games you like. The older AC games were very linear with their Sequence/Memory approach so you basically just went along and did the story, or went off and grabbed collectibles (often waaay to many collectibles). Combat could be a bit of a pain, depending on the game, but it was mostly spamming the attack button until everything died. I’d say the stealth was more difficult in the older games since the environments were often more complex so while you could find one or more ways to sneak in and out, the odds of you being detected and having to restart a checkpoint were much higher. The 100% sync requirements could be a serious pain in the ass, especially in games like AC3 where you had to do them all in one playthrough of a memory.

In the new games the stealth is dead simple. You can use your bird to mark every enemy, and there’s so much ground cover and other places to hide that it’s easy to stealth your way through forts without ever being detected. Most of the environments are outdoors or open, so you’re not climbing through a medieval fortress or cathedral (at least not in Origins or Odyssey). Combat is probably simpler overall, and only really requires you to spam light or heavy attacks and maybe block if you feel the need. It’s definitely not as complicated as some of the earlier AC games. They got rid of all the modern world stuff aside from some very brief interludes, the got rid of eagle vision, eavesdropping and tail the target stuff, and of course ditched the 100% sync because you’re no longer playing specific memories you’re just doing quests.

Basically you could say they dumbed down the AC experience by moving to an open world concept just like Ubisoft has with their other franchise games, but in doing so they also made the game far more open and flexible in allowing the player to choose what they want to do. Personally I enjoyed both the old and new games, but I’m honestly not missing the 100% sync stuff along with a lot of the other nonsense that plagued some of the “old” games and made them feel like a real slog at times. There were a few of the older games where, by the time I got Platinum, I was totally sick of the game. I haven’t really felt that with the newer games, although there are times when you look at the world map and wonder how you’ll ever get it all done.

Also, what boss fights are there in the newer games? Aside from mini-boss side missions like the Minotaur or Medusa in Odyssey I don’t remember there being any of that really.

As someone who is just starting the AC series (platinum on Black Flags and 98% done with Unity) you’ve done a great job summarizing the evolution of the series. It’s refreshing to hear a player appreciate both styles of the older vs newer AC games. I love the open world concept and the notion of collecting hundreds of chests, feathers, etc. But also appreciate the stealth-driven and 100% sync challenges too. I’m quickly becoming a dedicated fan. Thanks for your input lately.