Remove inactive profiles?

JoesusHCrust

Just now, Kittet3 said:

never. why would it? 

I don't know. They just feel.....scruffy. Like clutter lying around. They make me feel itchy. I want to tidy them away. 

Surely you understand? You live in Antarctica. Everything is white, it shows up the dirt. You have to keep on top of it. ?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I don't know. They just feel.....scruffy. Like clutter lying around. They make me feel itchy. I want to tidy them away. 

Surely you understand? You live in Antarctica. Everything is white, it shows up the dirt. You have to keep on top of it. 1f642.png

But those profiles earned trophies. Why would they go away?

There is no posted requirement of trophy earning frequency to stay on the leaderboards, just that there are earned trophies, regardless of age. 

Why remove inactive profiles?  A big part of the purpose of this site is also to determine trophy rarity based on the number of people who earned trophies and aren't cheaters.  Removing the profiles of people who are currently a part of those statistics for reasons besides them being marked as cheaters would invalidate the statistics this site has.  Also you have no idea what the reasons are for the inactivity.

3 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

We have our own families, and are busy with our jobs/careers to put food on the table and pay bills. Plenty of us got tired of these useless Achievements/Trophies because they became more of a chore.

If it were not for these pointless, e-peen rewards, we would still be gaming on future consoles. Many of us would rather play games with no Achievements/Trophies support. All we have to worry about is having fun playing games, not printing and actively following guides to not miss any Achievements/Trophies.

You must be young, or oblivious to think this way. Many of us moved on from Achievements/Trophies because there are far more important things in real life. Do something productive to secure your future, and spend more time with family you love.

Yeah, trophy hunting is over for sure in the most sweeping, generalizing way possible. Might as well cancel the site, let alone a few straggler accounts...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I like looking at the other profiles on this site and I've noticed that a fair few of them have no activity for years. I've jsut looked at one that's had no activity for 6 years. At what point, if at all does the site remove inactive profiles? 

Bit morbid but I'd like to think we'd want to keep the profiles of dead gamers. Sort of like a living memorial to their gaming achievements.

12 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

We have our own families, and are busy with our jobs/careers to put food on the table and pay bills. Plenty of us got tired of these useless Achievements/Trophies because they became more of a chore.

If it were not for these pointless, e-peen rewards, we would still be gaming on future consoles. Many of us would rather play games with no Achievements/Trophies support. All we have to worry about is having fun playing games, not printing and actively following guides to not miss any Achievements/Trophies.

You must be young, or oblivious to think this way. Many of us moved on from Achievements/Trophies because there are far more important things in real life. Do something productive to secure your future, and spend more time with family you love.

I'm not sure what you're on about my friend! I said I liked looking at other people's profiles and asked if there is a point when inactive profiles are deleted. I didn't say anything about trophies so I'm not sure what way you think I think that proves that I'm young or oblivious!!! 

Edited by JoesusHCrust
didn't want multiple quotes merged!

On 7/11/2020 at 0:11 AM, JoesusHCrust said:

I like looking at the other profiles on this site and I've noticed that a fair few of them have no activity for years. I've jsut looked at one that's had no activity for 6 years. At what point, if at all does the site remove inactive profiles? 

This is something I do as well but with trophies not sure if by activity you meant forum activity. Nonetheless, it makes me sad to see people stop playing because I think that maybe it could happen to me as well. I hope nothing bad happened to anyone maybe people just get bored and moved on, but I agree with other people there's no point in deleting inactive profiles they are doing no harm.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:14 AM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

A little bit harsh here. JoesusHCrust is not advocating for deleting inactive profiles, he just asked whether and if the site deletes profiles. I think it's a legit question.

• Like 1

The list of reasons someone could have gone inactive are so long that it would be silly to list them here. However as stated before if inactive were removed it definitely would skew the trophy rarity on this site. Plus when/if that person comes back and all their stuff is gone it definitely could turn them away from becoming active again.

I basically didn't game at all between 2007-2010 as I was focused on my career (and working a ton of hours to make ends meet) and my spare time mostly went to hanging with friends dating etc. Then in 2011 I picked up the ps3 and have been pretty active (with small breaks here and there). So long story short I wouldn't agree with deleting inactive accounts at all.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, thrnthrn said:

JoesusHCrust is not advocating for deleting inactive profiles, he just asked whether and if the site deletes profiles. I think it's a legit question.

Exactly. People have given a load of really good reasons why inactive accounts are kept on the site. I was just curious. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

They just got burned out from collecting trophies and decided to retire indefinitely of course no point in lingering here if you don't trophy hunt anymore so they choose to leave.

If profiles and their trophies got removed for inactivity, then every single account would be gone at some point. Erasing history for most things isn't a good idea. The first achievers section would be useless as well. I actually like taking a look there. For example, the very first ever trophy earnt (according to this site) was for completing the first level in super stardust hd by an account called sohcahtoa. I just find that interesting..

• Like 4

This was his officially statement on October 15th 2023.

PSトロフィーギネス五冠を達成し、これ以上の目標が見当たらなく、他でやり残したこともあるので、トロフィーランカーの第一線から退きます。

今まで応援やお祝い本当にありがとうございました。おかげでここまでたどり着けました。

もちろんゲームは今後もプレイし続けます!これからもよろしく!!

English translation 

Having achieved the five PS Trophy Guinness titles, I can see no further goals and have unfinished business elsewhere, so I am retiring from the front lines of trophy rankers.

Thank you so much for all your support and congratulations. Thanks to you, I have made it this far.

I will of course continue to play the game! Keep up the good work!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The only ones that need to be removed other than CFW users are the many glitched accounts taking up spots. Like on here Number 4 and 44, been like this for years! https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/ps3/gb

Those aren't even that bad. At least they're on the LBs but have everything hidden.

Check this one out. This also can't be removed.

https://psnprofiles.com/Update_168

12 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Those aren't even that bad. At least they're on the LBs but have everything hidden.

Check this one out. This also can't be removed.

https://psnprofiles.com/Update_168

I think they can be removed but Sly has to manually do it. Leaderboards are fu**ed, they need a complete overhaul to fix all the issues. Sly knows about it all from what I've been told by the CRT but obviously can't be arsed. 

• Like 1

Did Musk write this? He suggested the same thing for Twitter

But seriously, there's no reason to remove inactive profiles, especially when um, some of them could have died, especially given the recent few years, might be some people who like to look at their profiles. And then there's those who might have simply retired or moved on to something else, but like to look at their trophies.

Could still be some active on this site without progressing any trophies too.