Any advice for someone new.

MadMardigan_88

Like the title says.   I just finished downloading the Train Sim World 2020 Collectors Edition.  Saw it was on sale and came with some of the dlc so that was going to save me some more money.  I know this is going to take a lot of hours to go for the Plat since looking at the trophy descriptions its going to be grindy.  So any advice would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I can tell from your profile that you haven't earned the two grindiest GWE trophies yet. I got both of them using a (sort of) afk method.

For GWE: Mile Muncher, once you have completed all the services go to Chapter 4 (Mainline Driver) and start service 1W14 London Paddington to Great Malvern. All you have to do is to get the train moving at full throttle. The train will get up to its top speed (90 mph) and drive along on its own until the service fails about 25 minutes later when it passes a red light at the end destination. Then just press X to restart the service. Nets you about 34 miles per run. Not a whole lot, but you have to spend barely any time actively playing. I think I had 1100 miles left towards this trophy when I had completed all the services, so I had the train drive itself about 30 times before I got the trophy.

GWE: Powerhauler can be done in the same fashion. Service 4V34 Felixstowe North to Bristol Terminal will net you about 31 miles per run and take about 20 minutes. The freight train goes a whole lot faster (124 mph) and since the mileage requirement for this trophy is a whopping 1000 miles lower it'll be yours in no time ? Well, compared to the other one that is ?

These routes were the best I could find. I also failed a service by derailing once, but the game only added about 5 miles to my total mileage when I had done 30. Probably a bug or some kind of penalty. Anyway, I'll turn my attention to Main-Spessart Bahn next.

• Like 1

On 2020/12/18 at 2:34 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

I can tell from your profile that you haven't earned the two grindiest GWE trophies yet. I got both of them using a (sort of) afk method.

For GWE: Mile Muncher, once you have completed all the services go to Chapter 4 (Mainline Driver) and start service 1W14 London Paddington to Great Malvern. All you have to do is to get the train moving at full throttle. The train will get up to its top speed (90 mph) and drive along on its own until the service fails about 25 minutes later when it passes a red light at the end destination. Then just press X to restart the service. Nets you about 34 miles per run. Not a whole lot, but you have to spend barely any time actively playing. I think I had 1100 miles left towards this trophy when I had completed all the services, so I had the train drive itself about 30 times before I got the trophy.

GWE: Powerhauler can be done in the same fashion. Service 4V34 Felixstowe North to Bristol Terminal will net you about 31 miles per run and take about 20 minutes. The freight train goes a whole lot faster (124 mph) and since the mileage requirement for this trophy is a whopping 1000 miles lower it'll be yours in no time 1f609.png Well, compared to the other one that is 1f605.png

These routes were the best I could find. I also failed a service by derailing once, but the game only added about 5 miles to my total mileage when I had done 30. Probably a bug or some kind of penalty. Anyway, I'll turn my attention to Main-Spessart Bahn next.

How many trophy of this game can be AFK??

I know that 100% this game take over 1000 hours.

I will not consider this game if it can not be done AFK.

I don't know yet, I'm pretty much only starting out myself. However looking at the trophy list there are a few others you get for driving a certain distance. Surely there's a way to grind them afk as well. And don't forget about the exploit that completely destroys the services. Instead of doing them normally, just spawn at their end location at the right time* and take over the train when it arrives. All you have to do is to complete passenger boarding which will trick the game into thinking you've completed the entire service. This way the service takes 5-6 minutes at most and considering you can cheese most services this way the timesave is insane. You will still have to do a decent number of them legitimately due to other trophy requirements though (for example to complete 442 passenger boarding tasks on Rapid Transit or Main-Spessart-Bahn) but the exploit still cuts off a huge chunk of the time needed to 100% this game. @XilixiR says here that it pretty much halves the completion time from 200+ hours to close to 100.

*You can look up when and where a service ends by starting it up and looking into the Pause menu. The Spawn Walking option is located in the Timetable section. Just select your avatar and you'll be given the option to choose your spawn time and location.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baka_Marimo said:

I don't know yet, I'm pretty much only starting out myself. However looking at the trophy list there are a few others you get for driving a certain distance. Surely there's a way to grind them afk as well. And don't forget about the exploit that completely destroys the services. Instead of doing them normally, just spawn at their end location at the right time* and take over the train when it arrives. All you have to do is to complete passenger boarding which will trick the game into thinking you've completed the entire service. This way the service takes 5-6 minutes at most and considering you can cheese most services this way the timesave is insane. You will still have to do a decent number of them legitimately due to other trophy requirements though (for example to complete 442 passenger boarding tasks on Rapid Transit or Main-Spessart-Bahn) but the exploit still cuts off a huge chunk of the time needed to 100% this game. @XilixiR says here that it pretty much halves the completion time from 200+ hours to close to 100.

*You can look up when and where a service ends by starting it up and looking into the Pause menu. The Spawn Walking option is located in the Timetable section. Just select your avatar and you'll be given the option to choose your spawn time and location.

So if I fully use this exploit.

How many time is needed to 100% this trophy list?