New trophy design is TERRIBLE!

CB7Tuner91

5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

this?

Yesss!! Thanks for linking that. It looks absolutely terrible. I already Twitter at them. I'm hoping its something the trophy hunting community agrees on and we can get them to change it back to the bigger rectangular design. 

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

The trophy icons look god awful. I have no clue why they decided to change them. Although most gamers will say it’s a minor change, I think they’re not fun to look at ?

I 100% agree. Its a huge step backwards. I remember I didn't like that they kind of shrank the tiles down from PS3 to PS4, but atleast they kept the rectangular design. This looks terrible. I honestly think if enough of us complain they'll change it back. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

I absolutely HATE the change of the trophy list icons. I used to be an XBOX achievement hunter and the changes they made to the Achievement List on the Xbox One ruined the whole experience for me and it looks like PlayStation took notes and are doing some of the same things. Shrinking the PS3/PS4 rectangular icons into a square is hideous. I don't mind that the new PS5 icons are square because they fill the whole square, but all the games that I've played and added to my list for years will look different and ugly.

On the Xbox One, the order of the games on my Achievement List also changed, and not even by date or alphabetical or anything. I took pride in completing games in certain orders and xbox just rearranged everything with no particular rhyme or reason. I hope the same doesn't happen on PS5.

BUT, like it did with xbox, maybe this will get me to stop being so obsessed and addicted to sorting my trophy list and playing games in a certain order, and maybe even 100%ing a lot of games.

I used to achievement hunt as well. Then I feel in love with the design of the trophy system on PS3. They used to make the main game tile pop. It was large and detailed, and it was a huge improvement to me over the cheap ugly design of the small 16:9 thumbnails that the 360 used. But this...this is worse. Not only are they using the same thumbnails, but they've taken then rectangular PS4/PS3 tiles and compressed them inside that square. Like you said it looks hideous! If they don't change it it might finally push me away from trophy hunting. 

• Like 2

Yeah completely agree. Whilst I’m starting to like the Platinum design much more every time I have look, as it suits the sleek modern design of the PlayStation app, the other trophies look disastrously dull and boring. Perhaps if they added some flare and shine like the Platinum, it would’ve looked better but no, it’s utterly boring to look at it. They should’ve kept the PS4 design tbh

• Like 2

Wow. This is the first time I’ve actually bothered to take a really good look at them and I agree fully!

The square tile art looks terrible. The trophy icons themselves look terrible (especially the platinum trophy which looks god fucking awful). And I hate that they removed the vertical trophy listing when you click on a game, and it now scrolls from left to right. That’s going to be incredibly annoying!

Fucking Sony, godamn it!! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

It really was the best. PS4 was a downgrade, but atleast the main tiles were still the same design. This design on the PS5 is terrible. 

Except for waiting hours to sync and being unable to cancel it if you did it by accident lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tothoro said:

I seem to be the odd one out here, but it doesn't really bother me that much. Trophy icons have always varied wildly in quality by game, and while it's nice to have good icons bad icons don't deter me. The bronze/silver/gold/platinum icons for PS5 don't look great, but honestly when I'm in those menus I can't say that I really pay too much attention to those icons. On a broader level, sites like PSNP have always been (to me, at least) a superior hub to review trophy lists or profiles than the console-native UI.

The problem here is actually the game's trophy art, it has a 'new' 16:9 format while the ps4 and ps3 are still rectangulars inside a grey square 

Bad decision....

The bronze, silver, Gold and platinum trophies has no problem to me.

• Like 1

Personally I really couldn't care about any of these changes. I will agree I don't like the new trohpy icons much, the shading and the shape on them just looks slightly off and I was quite fond of the current platinum trophy look. The icons for the game hardly bothers me though, and it looks like ps5 games will have square icons instead of rectangular. I actually like that the icons are larger and more identifiable for the individual trophies, always like looking at trophy art when it's there and sometimes it is too small. And if you compare you actually see more trophies with this display than before, 4 trophies on ps4 and 4.5 on ps5, though we do lose the percentages and dates.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it coming from PS4, it's 100% the same as PS4 with a new UI format, I never use the trophy UI on console anyway, it's useless, you don't get 20% of the stats you get on this site

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1