New trophy design is TERRIBLE!

CB7Tuner91

Looks like they didn't pay attention to details. So many years with rectangular format and now they decided to change to square. Why? This is crazy. I can't understand this.

It's like adding "trophies" suffix to the name of the trophy list, like "Battlefield 3 Trophies" or "Mortal Kombat 11 Trophies". Geez. It's stupid. Guys, I can tell you more. In Polish language there is a swap of words so eg. "Battlefield 3 Trophies" becomes "Trofea Battlefield 3" so the game is not on B letter on the list but actually is on letter T. It's fuc*ed up.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Millions living in poverty/dying of starvation every year, global warming on the rise but still no major plan in effect, the medias trying their best to start a race war and divide people under the pretense of social justice but this takes the cake. How the hell will I ever live now that sony has changed the trophy icons. Guess its time for me to move on from this hobby. 

It’s not fair to compare them minor issues to the trophies looking taller

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, machaesthetic said:

Then go do something about it instead of posting off-topic virtue signalling garbage in a gaming thread. 

Mate, you're looking far too deep into it. I was clearly taking the piss based on the reactions of such an insignificant non issue. If trophy icons out of all things is what gets you riled up then you should seriously reavalute your whole life. Ohh and incase you're new here, this whole site is filled with off topic garbage so get use to it ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I sent them a tweet about how bad it was. Do you know of any better ways to contact them? Because I'm with you on this. 

Yes, you can go through their support and do a live chat, but I think that is more of a waste of time. I would recommend calling them directly since they are only really dealing with PS5 and account issues on the phone now. Here is their number: 1-800-345-7669. I know there will be people that think their voice will not be heard but if everyone calls just once or twice it really makes our problem their problem. I wouldn’t harass them. Kill them with kindness. It does work!

Not a huge deal but trophy list tiles do suck. They are square on Xbox too but it looks much better as they are of key art and match the store listing usually, as well as being bigger. Previous gen also matches the size. Icons are so small and old grn just looks terrible. Really weird (if insignificant) decision. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

I'm just annoyed that with our lists in the coming years having a mixture of PS4 and PS5 games on them, trophy lists are going to look inconsistent as fuck with it being like: square, square,  rectangle, square, rectangle, rectangle, square, rectangle, square etc etc etc. It'll look like crap.

Why fix something that isn't broken? Sony done did it...

Ohhh now I get it. 

Yeah, I have to agree. 

Should just keep it consistent. 

If you want people to see different generations just list which console it was like they have been doing before. 

• Like 1

I never liked the design trophies the first time I looked at them. For something that we will be stuck with for another generation, they should of user tested the design or revealed the designs early for feedback from trophy hunters.

I don't mind that the bronze, silver and gold are different sizes. But the platinum design just looks trashy and something they needed to get right.

Maybe it's something that we all need to get use to and are just being overally picky. Either way, its too late for them to change it. So we have no choice really.

As for trophy listing in ps5 UI that doesn't bother me, as I use it rarely. I always look up trophies on this site for research and guides.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

49 minutes ago, SlipingJimmy said:

As for trophy listing in ps5 UI that doesn't bother me, as I use it rarely. I always look up trophies on this site for research and guides.

But it’ll be the same on this website & any other trophy listing app. The artwork tiles in your listing will be square square, rectangle, square, rectangle, rectangle, square etc.

A minor issue no doubt, but it annoys the fuck out of me nonetheless. Why did they have to change something like that??

On 11/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, DreadNic said:

yes, i hated it too. moreover, I believe that trophy hunting will become something more cool and pop, I am not being elitist, but even official guides and videos for trophies will exist on ps5, it is losing its charm.

Honestly I just see a bunch of shiny graphics and generic cookie cutter lists for a number of AAA games.

Both PowerPyx and Brian (PS5Trophies) already have a handle on most of them. You buy Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you play a few hours in, you come across a trophy that asks you to do something, you already see PowerPyx posting a visual guide of it on YouTube. 

It's just goddamn boring. Doesn't help that AAA games pretty much carry the same themes, same feel, same type of guides and videos. A boring collectahon and a blockbuster story that virtually anybody can do and the games require very little skill and dedication to finish.

It's a good reason why I've drifted more to older games and indie titles. More innovation and creativity. Seeing graphical vistas is nice, especially on new hardware, but that's all I really see out of most AAA games on the PS5. It looks awesome, but that's just about it.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, palegreyghost said:

But it’ll be the same on this website & any other trophy listing app. The artwork tiles in your listing will be square square, rectangle, square, rectangle, rectangle, square etc.

A minor issue no doubt, but it annoys the fuck out of me nonetheless. Why did they have to change something like that??

Yeah it does seem unnecessary, it does look bad on PSN profile trophy list now. Only design rationale by Sony I can think of is bigger is better.

Edited by SlipingJimmy