New trophy design is TERRIBLE!

CB7Tuner91

I AGREE. The new square tile looks nice, but now that means that the old rectangular tiles are compressed to fit the square tile and it just looks out of place...the problem here is that they tried to fix something that wasn't broken at all! The rectangular tiles looked great, we've had them for two generations, why switch? I don't get it. If they were to update all the old trophy tiles from PS3 and PS4 to fit the new format it'd be fine, but they're obviously not gonna do that. 

My OCD is just gonna trigger me every time I look at my trophy list. Thankfully they didn't change on PSN Profiles. *sigh*, why Sony?

On 11/7/2020 at 3:49 AM, cometowner said:

Its just looks fine 

You call that fine? I'd hate to see what you consider "not fine."

On 11/7/2020 at 4:00 AM, LockheedPrime said:

i don't care at all, i trophy hunt for trophies and the fun of playing the game, not to look at the squares in my list, i wouldn't even care if they removed the trophy UI from the PS5, it's useless for me, i 100% only use PSNP for my trophies

"I trphy hunt for trophies and the fun of playing the game," yeah, and? Why should that restrict you from, you know, looking at your trophies on the console?

On 11/7/2020 at 4:04 AM, Shadiochao said:

Does anyone actually use the trophy features on the console? Isn't that what sites like this are for?

You really think I'm gonna bust out my phone or iPad every time I wanna look at my trophies? No, that'd be stupid. I like being able to check my trophies directly from my console.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:44 AM, palegreyghost said:

I use it on the console. I think it’s gonna look pretty ugly on here too

Actually they didn't tamper with the old tiles on here thankfully. They didn't try to fit the old rectangular tiles into squares, they just gave more space for the PS5 trophy info to accommodate the square. Wish Sony did the same, sheesh. 

On 11/7/2020 at 0:59 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

Millions living in poverty/dying of starvation every year, global warming on the rise but still no major plan in effect, the medias trying their best to start a race war and divide people under the pretense of social justice but this takes the cake. How the hell will I ever live now that sony has changed the trophy icons. Guess its time for me to move on from this hobby. 

Don't be that person.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Yes, you can go through their support and do a live chat, but I think that is more of a waste of time. I would recommend calling them directly since they are only really dealing with PS5 and account issues on the phone now. Here is their number: 1-800-345-7669. I know there will be people that think their voice will not be heard but if everyone calls just once or twice it really makes our problem their problem. I wouldn’t harass them. Kill them with kindness. It does work!

I wish it were that easy but I doubt a Sony customer support representative will have the power nor the desire to do anything LOL. 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, willmill97 said:

I'm just annoyed that with our lists in the coming years having a mixture of PS4 and PS5 games on them, trophy lists are going to look inconsistent as fuck with it being like: square, square,  rectangle, square, rectangle, rectangle, square, rectangle, square etc etc etc. It'll look like crap.

Why fix something that isn't broken? Sony done did it...

I'm not so concerned with there being a mix of rectangles and squares, but more so that the rectangles are compressed to fit in the squares, and now there are gray bars at the top and bottom so you can barely see the tile artwork now. 

11 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You call that fine? I'd hate to see what you consider "not fine."

"I trphy hunt for trophies and the fun of playing the game," yeah, and? Why should that restrict you from, you know, looking at your trophies on the console?

You really think I'm gonna bust out my phone or iPad every time I wanna look at my trophies? No, that'd be stupid. I like being able to check my trophies directly from my console.

Actually they didn't tamper with the old tiles on here thankfully. They didn't try to fit the old rectangular tiles into squares, they just gave more space for the PS5 trophy info to accommodate the square. Wish Sony did the same, sheesh. 

Don't be that person.

I wish it were that easy but I doubt a Sony customer support representative will have the power nor the desire to do anything LOL. 

I'm not so concerned with there being a mix of rectangles and squares, but more so that the rectangles are compressed to fit in the squares, and now there are gray bars at the top and bottom so you can barely see the tile artwork now. 

Refusing to call or doing a live chat with Sony and instead choosing to confine your complaints to this forum will definitely not accomplish change. At least my suggestion directs you to someone connected directly to Sony. It’s your time though, spend it how you wish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

Refusing to call or doing a live chat with Sony and instead choosing to confine your complaints to this forum will definitely not accomplish change. At least my suggestion directs you to someone connected directly to Sony. It’s your time though, spend it how you wish.

You know what? You're right, it's worth a shot. I'll reach out to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Since the PS5 came out I've seen people on livestreams earn trophies and.... it's sort of meh.

I have earned maybe 4 trophies so far since I got my PS5 and I only actually noticed one of them pop because I was expecting it, the others I only noticed cos i refreshed this site and saw I had earned them.

Yea you can see them pop easily enough but I think the brain is trained to listen to the sound more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You like the new shitty format for PS4 trophy tile artwork?

If it's any consolation, the entire trophy format on the PS5 is shit. If this site goes the route of exophase, then we can have some nice rectangular icons for our lists here, and you won't ever need to look at your trophy list on the PS5.

As an added bonus, PS5 trophies aren't able to be seen on the PS4, Vita or PS3, so at least those consoles will still have a nice neat trophy system

New system seems to be a copy of Xbox One, with same issues Xbox One had with it's first Dashboard in regards to achievements. Xbox One made achievements lists scrolling horizontally only showing 4.5 achievements on same page. Now Sony does same shit. On the positive you now have % tracking for specific trophy.

Issue is - Xbox One went through 4 Big UI updates since 2013. The 2020 Dashboard looks nothing like 2013 original XB1 Dashboard. They didn't need to make shit and just use same Dashboard with new features on Xbox Series X as they did on Xbox One. So I find it more "mature" and feature rich. PS5 UI looks pretty sleek, but damn it's sucks so much and feels unfinished. It's like 1 step forwards 3 steps back.

Like look at this shit, I made a screenshot of my Astro Playroom trophy list. Who thought it was a good idea to make trophy list scroll horizontally and display only 4.5 tiles per screen? Microsoft realized how dumb it was and changed the way achievement lists are displayed in 2015 update of Xbox Dashboard back to traditional lists.

ZQBkjG4.jpg

On 11/7/2020 at 4:46 AM, EPICRAGE said:

On the Xbox One, the order of the games on my Achievement List also changed, and not even by date or alphabetical or anything. I took pride in completing games in certain orders and xbox just rearranged everything with no particular rhyme or reason. I hope the same doesn't happen on PS5.

Xbox One sorts game by last played though, what are you talking about. Like if I launch game I played 2 years ago it will bring it on top of my Achievements list. Even if I just launch it for 1 second without earning any achievement in game.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That's not the main problem that the OP is talking about. The problem is how the trophy tiles look for PS4 versus PS5 games (the artwork for each game). Since on PS5 they've moved to squares instead of circles, PS4 games are now compressed to fit the square shape:

ps5-trophies-gudies-07.jpg

Yes, the main trophy tiles are the problem. They have to make these bigger, and get rid of the clear square around the PS4. I really wish they would go back to the size they were on PS3. 

• Like 1

The square, tile-like design of the trophy icons is alright I guess, but I really don’t like the new bronze/sliver/gold/platinum trophy look. And the new trophy “pop” sound is so unnoticeable sometimes during gameplay, I miss the old sound, the new one is quite dull. The changes were unnecessary but I suppose everyone will get used to it eventually.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, Shizo said:

New system seems to be a copy of Xbox One, with same issues Xbox One had with it's first Dashboard in regards to achievements. Xbox One made achievements lists scrolling horizontally only showing 4.5 achievements on same page. Now Sony does same shit. On the positive you now have % tracking for specific trophy.

Xbox One sorts game by last played though, what are you talking about. Like if I launch game I played 2 years ago it will bring it on top of my Achievements list. Even if I just launch it for 1 second without earning any achievement in game.

Yeah I loved that it let you reorder games by the last time you played rather than the last trophy unlocked. I reorganized my list many times to keep things like all the LEGO games together, all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band together, all the Batman Arkham games together, etc. But when Xbox One came around my whole list was rearranged. Everything was in a different order than it was on XBOX360. I don't know why it happened and I haven't found many people it also happened to. But it happened.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yes, the main trophy tiles are the problem. They have to make these bigger, and get rid of the clear square around the PS4. I really wish they would go back to the size they were on PS3. 

Or, they could just update the old PS4 artworks to accommodate the new shape (because it seems like they really wanna go for squares for some reason). What's dumb is that on PS4, the application artwork (not the trophy artwork) in the XMB is already a square, so it would fit perfectly. All they have to do is use those artworks on PS5 and they won't look so shitty anymore. In fact if you go into the "Games" section of your profile, all the tiles look nice because they're using the XMB artwork not the trophy versions. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 5:05 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Or, they could just update the old PS4 artworks to accommodate the new shape (because it seems like they really wanna go for squares for some reason). What's dumb is that on PS4, the application artwork (not the trophy artwork) in the XMB is already a square, so it would fit perfectly. All they have to do is use those artworks on PS5 and they won't look so shitty anymore. In fact if you go into the "Games" section of your profile, all the tiles look nice because they're using the XMB artwork not the trophy versions. 

I would just like them to make the main tiles bigger and closer to the screen. Like the PS3 was for example, and take that clear square from around the PS4/PS3 games. Looks unfinished. Im okay with them changing to tge squares for the PS5, but don't make our PS4/PS3 games look back in the process.