New trophy design is TERRIBLE!

CB7Tuner91

6 hours ago, Viper said:

The art work can definitely use some work...it seems like it's come down to a conflict of design between consoles. The PS5 really wants to go with squares (for some reason), and they just didn't bother with some kind of dynamic imaging system that converted the PS4 tiles to a 4:3 format. Just your usual poor coding my Sony. 

But when it comes to the new Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum icons...I actually really like the new ones. I love that Plat seems to have a glow to it, really making it stand out and look important. And I like that they're different heights. Only complaint is the Silver's color is a bit dull, it's not silver enough. 

On a slightly unrelated...yet still sorta related...note. I don't like how there's so much disconnect between consoles now. I don't like that the PS4 can't show PS5 games on it's trophy list, or won't even show PS3 users online anymore. PSN should work as a whole regardless of what you're playing on, showing us ALL that information in unison. I mean, I get it...the PS3 is old news, Sony is clearly moving on and this generation could see it's full demise...but it's not a decision I like. 

^ This is a great point Viper.  Everything should work together.  With today's technology, there is no reason they cannot be all connected.

Regarding the new trophy look, it seems when you have a change, it always takes time to get used to it.  The older you get, wait, you will not like much change.  

We will get used to it at some point.  They didn't need the change but they probably felt like things needed to be different with a new system.  

On 11/30/2020 at 10:54 AM, Viper said:

The art work can definitely use some work...it seems like it's come down to a conflict of design between consoles. The PS5 really wants to go with squares (for some reason), and they just didn't bother with some kind of dynamic imaging system that converted the PS4 tiles to a 4:3 format. Just your usual poor coding my Sony. 

But when it comes to the new Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum icons...I actually really like the new ones. I love that Plat seems to have a glow to it, really making it stand out and look important. And I like that they're different heights. Only complaint is the Silver's color is a bit dull, it's not silver enough. 

On a slightly unrelated...yet still sorta related...note. I don't like how there's so much disconnect between consoles now. I don't like that the PS4 can't show PS5 games on it's trophy list, or won't even show PS3 users online anymore. PSN should work as a whole regardless of what you're playing on, showing us ALL that information in unison. I mean, I get it...the PS3 is old news, Sony is clearly moving on and this generation could see it's full demise...but it's not a decision I like. 

Really great info. Like you said, its just laziness on Sonys end. They didnt even edit the clear square out from around the PS4 games. Looks really unfinished tbh. Ive been bugging them on Twitter about it, but I don't know how much good that its gonna do. Really miss the PS3 days when the main list were big and everytime you hovered over a game it would bring it closer to the screen. Idk, im being picky but I love trophy hunting and the design on the main list seems to take a step back every new gen. On a positive note I do like the new trophy icons. Platinum trophy really pops. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91

On 12/1/2020 at 0:09 AM, kfree7 said:

^ This is a great point Viper.  Everything should work together.  With today's technology, there is no reason they cannot be all connected.

Regarding the new trophy look, it seems when you have a change, it always takes time to get used to it.  The older you get, wait, you will not like much change.  

We will get used to it at some point.  They didn't need the change but they probably felt like things needed to be different with a new system.  

On 12/5/2020 at 9:47 PM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Really great info. Like you said, its just laziness on Sonys end. They didnt even edit the clear square out from around the PS4 games. Looks really unfinished tbh. Ive been bugging them on Twitter about it, but I don't know how much good that its gonna do. Really miss the PS3 days when the main list were big and everytime you hovered over a game it would bring it closer to the screen. Idk, im being picky but I love trophy hunting and the design on the main list seems to take a step back every new gen. On a positive note I do like the new trophy icons. Platinum trophy really pops. 

You know what's funny? If you go to Profile -> Games, you can see the same old PS4 games having square artwork. So, all the 4:3 images are even ready! Just need to update the trophy list...

3OahNS6.jpg

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

You know what's funny? If you go to Profile -> Games, you can see the same old PS4 games having square artwork. So, all the 4:3 images are even ready! Just need to update the trophy list...

3OahNS6.jpg

Ha, thats a really good point. Do they have that for every PS4 game? Only problem i can see with that is the PS3/Vita games on your trophy list. But like you said its a simple update to fix these problems. They don't even have to change the tiles. They could just pull the images closer to the screen and take that clear square off from around the PS4/PS3/Vita games and id be happy. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Ha, thats a really good point. Do they have that for every PS4 game? Only problem i can see with that is the PS3/Vita games on your trophy list. But like you said its a simple update to fix these problems. They don't even have to change the tiles. They could just pull the images closer to the screen and take that clear square off from around the PS4/PS3/Vita games and id be happy. 

Yes, they do have that for all of them. Square images were even in the old mobile app when you looked at yours or somebody else's played games.

• 2 years later...

i was just scrolling down my trophylist and i dont know what you guys think, but looking on some trophypictures it Really looks unaestatic. If you go under your profile checking out the Games you Played everything is in square. Dont like the difference between ps 4 and ps 5 games. Played a few of shovelware Games and they Not Even filled as a trophypicture Alone 

(ZJ, The Bowling Games). I know there some discussions about this theme the Last years, but wanted to share it with you Myself. Like the achievment desig of Xbox more. What do you guys think? Should Sony change something about the design or Are you ok with it?