Spare Some Change for Gas?...Thoughts

DeeMak19

1 hour ago, Skryux said:

Is there anyway to see this trophy progression ?

Having finished the campaign on PS4 I've decided to leave this trophy until PS5 so that I can see the progress. The grind of Around The World in GRID was made ever more painful by not knowing how far I'd been.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, S2001drake said:

Almost a super easy plat. Man the grind for this is gonna be real.

100%. I’ve got most of the trophies without much work. Longest jump I did in first race and 100m drift I did in first sprint race. Then I find out 10,000 miles.... so rubbish to have such a big number with short tracks. 

Any game plans here team? Do we do the longest track in the campaign and just grind that or what? Also if you finish the track and then hold “retry” does the progress count? 

24 minutes ago, Jstevo said:

100%. I’ve got most of the trophies without much work. Longest jump I did in first race and 100m drift I did in first sprint race. Then I find out 10,000 miles.... so rubbish to have such a big number with short tracks. 

Any game plans here team? Do we do the longest track in the campaign and just grind that or what? Also if you finish the track and then hold “retry” does the progress count? 

Well, it is hard to say. Judging by fact, that "retry" doesnt count to your main sponsor challanges,I am sceptical about this. I am half way through campain and I have absolutely no idea how much of "Spare Some Change for Gas" trophy is done :(. We rly need that sweet PS5 progress bar feature :).

9 hours ago, Anke said:

Having finished the campaign on PS4 I've decided to leave this trophy until PS5 so that I can see the progress. The grind of Around The World in GRID was made ever more painful by not knowing how far I'd been.

I think I'll do the same because not knowing what works for this trophy is painful. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Anke said:

You won't be able to see trophy progress for PS4 games on PS5 so unless they add a stats page in game we will be forever guessing on PS4 version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

You won't be able to see trophy progress for PS4 games on PS5 so unless they add a stats page in game we will be forever guessing on PS4 version.

Ahh darn I was putting my hopes on that. Might be one I skip or just chip away at over a long period then.

6 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Yeah but there's a free upgrade to the ps5 version. With the ps5 version I will be able to see the amount of miles that a race give. I will also be able to test if some afk method works.

If a race is +- 5 miles I will know that I need to do this race 2000 times for the trophy to unlock. With this I will know that on the ps4 I need to do a maximum of 2000 time the same race.

It will not be perfect but at least it will give us some information.

Edited by Skryux
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Skryux said:

Yeah but there's a free upgrade to the ps5 version. With the ps5 version I will be able to see the amount of miles that a race give. I will also be able to test if some afk method works.

If a race is +- 5 miles I will know that I need to do this race 2000 times for the trophy to unlock. With this I will know that on the ps4 I need to do a maximum of 2000 time the same race.

It will not be perfect but at least it will give us some information.

First of all, check if milage is going up with created tracks in playground. There will be some afk oval tracks for sure. 

If not, than check the single player and 60 laps on some sprint oval track. It's still better than replaying some event from career. 

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

First of all, check if milage is going up with created tracks in playground. There will be some afk oval tracks for sure. 

If not, than check the single player and 60 laps on some sprint oval track. It's still better than replaying some event from career. 

Yes I will give you some info when I'll try it on ps5.

13 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone found best track etc for best miles per hour?

I read on an Xbox achievement site that time trials work for this one - there are a few sprint style races which you can get some good speed up. No time limit either can just keep lapping. I went afk with a band on the controller and you just grind the rail. 

2 minutes ago, Jstevo said:

I read on an Xbox achievement site that time trials work for this one - there are a few sprint style races which you can get some good speed up. No time limit either can just keep lapping. I went afk with a band on the controller and you just grind the rail. 

I tried time trials and after a while the event finished though?

A dev (Rob K) has told me on Discord that the trophy was changed. I don't actually have the game yet. Can anyone confirm?

Four days ago:

The teams that make Grid and Dirt5 are completely different and not based in the same office. So I can’t speak for Grid. For DIRT 5 this is something the designers decided, I don’t know why and I hate that trophy. However keep your eye on the trophy over the next couple of weeks... I can’t say more than that yet :)

Less than two hours ago:

might be worth looking at the DIRT 5 achievements again

On 11/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, Jstevo said:

Just saw on the subreddit, they are going to change it to 1,000 miles. 

• Like 1

On 16-11-2020 at 11:26 AM, Miles-MHunter said:

i got the trophy (10 000 miles), and then, like 10 minutes later update released

lol

I wish people wouldn't be okay with these kinds of trophies. I don't mean to single anyone out, but people trying to figure out ways to AFK them etc. instead of calling devs out for their cynicism are really part of the problem.

• Like 1