Trophy Thoughts?

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

Cool lookin' plat image. Either this or Miles Morales will be my first platinum for PS5. I'm thinking it should be this one though as a start of a new era. 

I can't wait to test the DualSense on this game. 5 more days ?

1Lc8e66a.png 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I love all the little references to other games with the trophy titles (Jason! for Heavy Rain, The Found Legacy references Uncharted: Lost Legacy, heck even Omega Boost and The Last Guy, It's All In The Mind for punching enemies references PaRappa The Rapper).

This game is a literal love letter to the previous gens. Now if only the PS5 was BC with all of them....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cometowner said:

yet again black widows are complaining about somthing 

when will you stop guys 

You're complaining...

@ Topic - I also love the references. Didn't see Puppeteer though so I'm butthurt, they gave Wild Arms, Gravity Rush some and those are underrated and abused properties by Sony too... though they had multiple games. Horizon, Pain! (hate that game tho), even referencing disc swapping, different marketing tag lines. It's a cute list. This is likely my first PS5 plat.

16 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

You're complaining...

@ Topic - I also love the references. Didn't see Puppeteer though so I'm butthurt, they gave Wild Arms, Gravity Rush some and those are underrated and abused properties by Sony too... though they had multiple games. Horizon, Pain! (hate that game tho), even referencing disc swapping, different marketing tag lines. It's a cute list. This is likely my first PS5 plat.

no 

i am loving everything in the PS5 so far 

26 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I see no indication of it but I know the Astro game on the PS4 was VR required... Do I need VR for this? I assume not, but still curious.

No. This game is a introduction to the many features of the Dualsense controller. 

8 hours ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

they've made a trophy in reference to heavy rain 10 years later and i don't know how to feel about it 

I am happy about that. Heavy Rain was one of the first games I played on PS3 and is still a favorite of mine 10 years later.

Once I get to play this and I earn the Jason! trophy it will go in my trophy cabinet. My name is Jason by the way.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 3

Is nobody talking about the fact that this is like the first free platinum on PSN? Granted you have to buy the PS5 but you don't need plus, it's free for everyone. I don't know if there are any other platinums that are technically free. But this the only one as far as I know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noland208 said:

Is nobody talking about the fact that this is like the first free platinum on PSN? Granted you have to buy the PS5 but you don't need plus, it's free for everyone. I don't know if there are any other platinums that are technically free. But this the only one as far as I know!

I guess there's multiple free to play multiplayer games that have Platinum trophies but technically you do need an active Plus subscription to play them.  And I swear that I got Hotline Miami for free, might have been free at the time because they were trying to sell the second one that might have been on sale.  But, one that I know is completely free, and this game is even kind of a spiritual successor to it, is Playroom VR.

But, on the subject of this game, after seeing people play it (watched the Access stream of it), I'm really looking forward to it.  Once I heard that it was an actual full game and not just a collection of mini-games like I was expecting, I starting paying more attention to it, and seeing how it really shows off the controller, I'm very excited.  It looks incredibly adorable with all the references and it even has a great trophy list, too.

My first PS5 Platinum. 

Edited by Cherrywood

On 11-11-2020 at 1:37 AM, snakebit10 said:

I notice there is a trophy tracker on some of the trophies for Astro's Playroom. Is this going to be implemented in all games or just games on PS5 that have it?

It's presented as a new feature on the PS5, but I haven't seen proof that this also works for Non-Playstation exclusives.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sten_dardo said:

It's presented as a new feature on the PS5, but I haven't seen proof that this also works for Non-Playstation exclusives.

It probably is going to be Developer Dependent. I am sure most or all first party will use it. Dead by Daylight has the tracker on the PS5 version. 

• Like 1

Lol, so I just played this today and I hadn't done any research ahead of time.  I also haven't played Heavy Rain.  So I didn't get the reference of the trophy "Jason!" and thought that the PS5 was doing a custom trophy, as my real life name is Jason!  Then I checked into a bit and found out that it was a reference.  Oh well!  Great game so far!