The tile on here is way bigger than on PS5s

CB7Tuner91

3 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

The size yall have them on here looks like its twice the size of the one I seen on the PS5. Man this decision by Sony is gonna make the trophy list look disjointed and ugly, smh. If they looked like how yall have them on here. Where there just as wide as the PS4 tiles but just taller it would be fine. Sony needs to consult you guys about trophy design and changes. 

tbf, PSNP mods could change the aspect ratio. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

So fucking ugly. The rectangular tiles were perfectly fine, another unnecessary and ugly change. Another aesthetic demotion on the ps5, just like the trophy icons 

I actually don’t mind it, now i’ve got used to it and after a while once more lists appear it’ll just be accepted I guess. 

What does look weird though is the PS4 game banners appearing on the PS5’s console lists with a border top and bottom  of the rectangle. That I can’t deal with. :/ 

• Like 1

The bigger tile looks a bit strange, but obviously if this site was made for those sizes, it wouldnt be odd.

Hopefully theres a reason for it, and it isnt one of those design choices that companies make that really doesnt do anything other than 'being different', which serves no real purpose and disrupts more than it solves.

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

That’s it, I’m moving to Xbox

Joking aside, Exophase managed to pull the correct aspect ratio, so maybe there’s hope: https://www.exophase.com/platform/ps5/

Maybe we can decide between squares and rectangles on ps5 UI ? That would be really cool

Now that I think about it people that made videos of the ps5 UI never pressed OPTIONS in the trophies UI so there's still a chance hopefully 

32 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Apparently there must be a second image that can be extracted, in Exo-Phase (I do not know if it is also prohibited, so I put the name esi) there are rectangular images of many PS5 trophy lists.

YktZb03.jpg

Exophase often change the image of Xbox games (because they’re square as well) so these aren’t official. The square one PSNP is using is the one from Sony’s servers and how it’ll be shown on the console.

It is a really boneheaded decision of Sony’s to change the shape of these just for the sake of it. Yes, PS5 icons on the XMB are square, so are the PS4’s. They had the foresight back then though to keep trophy ones the same rectangle design as to not cause unnecessary issues with trophies from legacy platforms (PS3, Vita).  

It’s an even more crazy idea to do it now considering PS4 games are playable on PS5. “At least” with the PS4 there was no BC to worry about. 

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francesco1512 said:

Maybe we can decide between squares and rectangles on ps5 UI ? That would be really cool

Now that I think about it people that made videos of the ps5 UI never pressed OPTIONS in the trophies UI so there's still a chance hopefully 

Great observation. You just gave me alittle hope. Hopefully someone will report back after the PS5 releases and can confirm. 

1 hour ago, VeldinX said:

Exophase often change the image of Xbox games (because they’re square as well) so these aren’t official. The square one PSNP is using is the one from Sony’s servers and how it’ll be shown on the console.

It is a really boneheaded decision of Sony’s to change the shape of these just for the sake of it. Yes, PS5 icons on the XMB are square, so are the PS4’s. They had the foresight back then though to keep trophy ones the same rectangle design as to not cause unnecessary issues with trophies from legacy platforms (PS3, Vita).  

It’s an even more crazy idea to do it now considering PS4 games are playable on PS5. “At least” with the PS4 there was no BC to worry about. 

You make a good point. My question is if PSNProfiles pulls straight from Sonys servers. Then why are the PS5 tiles matching in width to the PS4 tiles just taller, but if you look at the trophy load out straight from the PS5 the tiles look smaller than the PS4s. And the PS4 ones look like they've been compressed. Im cool with how they look on here with the PS4 games. Because the PS4 games haven't been touched. Hopefully this all gets sorted out with the day one patch, but will see. 

16 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

You make a good point. My question is if PSNProfiles pulls straight from Sonys servers. Then why are the PS5 tiles matching in width to the PS4 tiles just taller, but if you look at the trophy load out straight from the PS5 the tiles look smaller than the PS4s. And the PS4 ones look like they've been compressed. Im cool with how they look on here with the PS4 games. Because the PS4 games haven't been touched. Hopefully this all gets sorted out with the day one patch, but will see. 

Oh I see what you mean. That’s just the way the images are presented. They’re the same just shown at different dimensions. So Sony have coded the PS5 to shrink the PS4 images while the PSNP code is telling the images to be a set width (so both PS4 and 5 images are the same width but because PS5 one are square, their height is increased). 

I presume when PS5 lists are shown on a PS3/4/Vita, the images will be shrunk to fit too.