Am I being hacked?

Pottercito_

This afternoon I sync trophies in my PS3 and the color of my background changed from black to grey. It was rare but okay I changed it. Now I signed up again and my description and my languages were deleted. What the hell is happening? Am I being hacked? Or is it an error from PS servers?

I would say I am changing my language on my PS3 system frequently, just because I am following a melding guide for KH BBS and all information is in english so I play in english. I change to my real language (spanish) for other games. But I know it is not the cause, I am playing KH BBS since August and nothing of this happened. 

What do you say guys?

Just now, Kasper2005M said:

Change your account info just in case. I had my about me and language deleted and I heard it happened to others as well. I would say It's an error from PS servers.

Can almost confirm this is a server issue. It started happening a couple of times to me after the 1-100 > 1-999 trophy level change.

• Like 4

If you are using the default ps3 theme, I believe that it will change / cycle between the various colours at times (I remember it changing randomly long ago, but usually I don't have the default theme on). 

As for the language thing, you are talking about the system language or the "about me" language? 

If it's the system language, it can be w bug (not familiar with it, since I only change that when I need to borrow my brother's systems, he keeps them in Portuguese, but I'm more used to have them in English). 

If it's the "about me" languages on psn, I have noticed that some things do get bugged out since the ps4 release (for example, the "short message that you can put on ps3 is erased). 

Could be some of these things going on. 

• Like 1

Well, we all know Sony was hacked back on the day. Let's hope it is just a server issue due to high changes that come with PS5 (Trophy logos, Trophy level system etc)

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

If you are using the default ps3 theme, I believe that it will change / cycle between the various colours at times (I remember it changing randomly long ago, but usually I don't have the default theme on). 

As for the language thing, you are talking about the system language or the "about me" language? 

If it's the system language, it can be w bug (not familiar with it, since I only change that when I need to borrow my brother's systems, he keeps them in Portuguese, but I'm more used to have them in English). 

If it's the "about me" languages on psn, I have noticed that some things do get bugged out since the ps4 release (for example, the "short message that you can put on ps3 is erased). 

Could be some of these things going on. 

It was the about me and language information for PSN. The language of my system no, I keeo changing it between my Kh bbs game and the others, just because english guides are the best and it is easier to follow the melding guide with my game in english

I actually had this happen to me a few months ago as well. Freaked me out even though nothing else was amiss and I have 2FA enabled.

The background color disappeared on not just my PS3's profile, but also my Vita's, and my description/about me was deleted and so were my languages. I just changed them back and they've been fine since. I've occasionally had my avatar randomly reset to the generic grey smiley face 2-3 times over the years as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I actually had this happen to me a few months ago as well. Freaked me out even though nothing else was amiss and I have 2FA enabled.

The background color disappeared on not just my PS3's profile, but also my Vita's, and my description/about me was deleted and so were my languages. I just changed them back and they've been fine since. I've occasionally had my avatar randomly reset to the generic grey smiley face 2-3 times over the years as well.

Yeah exactly that happened to me. The avatar stay grey and generic instead of my Sephiroths avatar. The color changed from black to the generic grey. 

I had the issue of sometimes being disconnected with the msg that someone else is logging in with my account but I certainly know for sure that its impossible (besides being hacked).

After changing my password the last time and updating the ps4 system it didn't happen again. 

I also thought I was being hacked every couple days :D 

2 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

I had the issue of sometimes being disconnected with the msg that someone else is logging in with my account but I certainly know for sure that its impossible (besides being hacked).

After changing my password the last time and updating the ps4 system it didn't happen again. 

I also thought I was being hacked every couple days :D 

Wao. I already changed my password! 

People must be pro hackers to hack a PSN Account I guess

Edited by Pottercito_

Same problem happened to me months ago on my vita.  The color of the banner turned to grey,  about me and my languages are gone. I think it is Sony problem. Havent change my password cause I have 2 step verification enable and looks like nothing strange at that time.  Everything is fine till now. 

• 1 month later...

when i try to go to the ps store online it keeps sending me to the japan store but im in america lol. i log out then log back in and paste the direct link and still get redirecte to japan. so i dunno. after this last ps3 update it corrupted my main ps3 and i cant use the ps store anymore. i rebuilt the database, reinstalled the store etc. all that did was give me corrupt files. so short of reformating it its screwed i have to use a different ps3 if i need the store. these updates since the ps5 have been a bit off. i just updated rad and ps4 system software at the same time and had to reinstall apps on my ps4 after that because they all just gave black screens.

21 hours ago, Alm1ghty_e33y said:

this had happened to me last month, the color of my banner turn back to gray and my about me writing disappear, almost thought i got hacked until i notice i wasn't the only person that experienced this.

Actually had this happen to me again today. My profile colour went back to grey on both my PS3 and Vita, but my "about me" section and languages were untouched this time at least. It's a minor annoyance but I have no idea why it's happened twice for me now in one year, don't think it's ever happened for me before, or if it has, it's been so long ago that I've just forgotten.

Edit: Never mind, seems my "about me" has been deleted, but it was still showing on Vita initially, not on my PS4 though. Super annoying.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

This just happened AGAIN. Noticed my background was grey on my Vita earlier when checking my trophies, but it was displaying the normal colour and banner when I actually clicked on my profile, so left it at that. But of course, when I turn on my PS3, my profile is back to being grey again. Check my Vita once more, still showing my profile colour/banner, but when I click "edit profile", sure enough, it's just a blank grey banner. I change it back to what it was, which promptly deletes my "about me" yet again and changes my language from English (UK) back to English (US). I'm not even going to bother changing those back any more, it's probably just going to happen again in a few months.

Why this has happened 3 times now in less than a year when it never happened before is beyond me. It's super annoying having to keep changing it back, I might not even bother if it does it again, it's not like it really matters, but I like seeing my profile having at least some colour to it.

Sorry for ranting, I know this is a small thing that shouldn't bug me so much, but for some reason, it really annoys me.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Good news is, I don't think you're being hacked. It was smart of you to change your password just in case.

It sounds like multiple people in the forums have been suffering from the same issue (background changing to grey, about me being deleted) within the past few months. As others have said, this is most likely a Sony problem.

If it were hackers, I doubt they'd be after your background color or about me section. They would've straight up stolen your account.

52 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

This just happened AGAIN. Noticed my background was grey on my Vita earlier when checking my trophies, but it was displaying the normal colour and banner when I actually clicked on my profile, so left it at that. But of course, when I turn on my PS3, my profile is back to being grey again. Check my Vita once more, still showing my profile colour/banner, but when I click "edit profile", sure enough, it's just a blank grey banner. I change it back to what it was, which promptly deletes my "about me" yet again and changes my language from English (UK) back to English (US). I'm not even going to bother changing those back any more, it's probably just going to happen again in a few months.

Why this has happened 3 times now in less than a year when it never happened before is beyond me. It's super annoying having to keep changing it back, I might not even bother if it does it again, it's not like it really matters, but I like seeing my profile having at least some colour to it.

Sorry for ranting, I know this is a small thing that shouldn't bug me so much, but for some reason, it really annoys me.

ive had it as well what annoys me most is that my original collor is gone I just cnat select it anymore for some reason:(

now I have ugly brown I ahd cool blue

19 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

ive had it as well what annoys me most is that my original collor is gone I just cnat select it anymore for some reason:(

now I have ugly brown I ahd cool blue

Did you perhaps set the colour on a PS Vita before? The Vita actually has a lot more colours available than the PS3 does, and it sets the PS3's profile colour to the same as it is on the Vita (and vice versa for PS3).

I'm actually starting to wonder if the Vita is the issue behind my profile colour getting reset, since I've been having issues with the "banners" on there taking forever to load when scrolling through them for quite some time now. I've decided to just begrudgingly set my profile colour through my PS3 this time, it's not the same shade as blue as it once was but so be it. We'll see if it still ends up being grey again in a few months.

9 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

I always set  it on the vita I dont even know how I can change it on the ps3 at all

Maybe the banner/colour is gone now? Or simply isn't loading, I've been having that issue a lot lately with Vita, as aforementioned.

You can change the colour on PS3 by going over to your profile, clicking it, and there should be some little tab with colours on it on the left side of it. Clicking that brings up a few different colour options to change your profile to.

Just now, SuperSmexy500 said:

Maybe the banner/colour is gone now? Or simply isn't loading, I've been having that issue a lot lately with Vita, as aforementioned.

You can change the colour on PS3 by going over to your profile, clicking it, and there should be some little tab with colours on it on the left side of it. Clicking that brings up a few different colour options to change your profile to.

lol that wasnt my point I would be able to figure it out anyway my point was since I didnt even know how to do it on ps 3 its verry unlikely I ever did it on there to begin with